TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Deebo

"Official" Wrestlemania Theme Song

I don't know about that... i just know that the song is also in all the Punisher commercials...and the first time I saw the trailer I thought it said "Drowning Pool & Amy Lee" at the end and I almost had a fucking heart attack... but then realized I was seriously mistaken.

I really could care less...it just pisses me off that they aren't using something GOOD like O Fortuna.

Thanks.

Is it with the deceased lead singer on vocals? Or do they have someone new now?

It's a new guy: Jason 'Gong' Jones.

Technically, this ISN'T the WM theme song....nobody said it was. King only said that the song was on the Punisher soundtrack and that's all the graphic said as well.

Methinks they wanted a cool song for the matchup screens but didn't want to have a real song used for the WMXX theme.

Technically, this ISN'T the WM theme song....nobody said it was. King only said that the song was on the Punisher soundtrack and that's all the graphic said as well.

Well, they played it during the WM 20 card rundown so I put 2 and 2 together.

I've been looking for the song. Can't find a good version. Man, you can't find anything on Kazaa anymore. Now that i've got these annoying beeps in between songs. ugh

I've been looking for the song. Can't find a good version. Man, you can't find anything on Kazaa anymore. Now that i've got these annoying beeps in between songs. ugh

Try this one.

Windup actually plants those 'beeped' versions online by having their employees host them. Then, more and more people host them - so many that when an unbeeped version becomes available, you'll never find it amid all the fakes.

Then, you'll buy the CD to hear the song crystal-clear. I've been told that's partially why Creed's 2002 'Weathered' album did so well on initial relaase.

Guest Deviant

Ok, I actually agree with those who wanted a classy stock classical music to fit WM, but there is no reason to insult good bands like Drowning Pool and Sevendust. And I don't know about the US, but since when are bands like that in any Top 40's or popular? They don't even have a radio station that plays them here!!!

They aren't my favourite bands, but some of the things said around here have just been stupid.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

WWE always recognizes the official theme of a PPV either two ways.

Pimp the shit out of it on every show, or just go "The Official Theme song for [insert PPV name]!"

Guest NitroJMS

On a similar note, does anyone have a complete list of all the PPV themes for the past year from Backlash on?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I'll start with the few I know.

Bad Blood: Headstrong by Trapt

Summerslam: St. Anger by Metallica

Survivor Series: Build a Bridge by Limp Bizkit

I know Sevendust had a song for Unforgiven, but overall, most of the themes weren't too memorable.

On a similar note, does anyone have a complete list of all the PPV themes for the past year from Backlash on?

Backlash

"Remedy" by Cold

Judgment Day

none although "I Am The Evil" was used in the Lesnar / Show build-up video

Bad Blood

"Headstrong" by Trapt

Vengeance

"Price To Play" by Staind

SummerSlam

"St. Anger" by Metallica

Unforgiven

"Enemy" by Sevendust

No Mercy

"Today Is The Day" by Dope

Survivor Series

"Build A Bridge" by Limp Bizkit

(was removed from the VHS & DVD, WWE you fuckers!)

Armageddon

"The End" again WWE Produced

Royal Rumble

"Nothing Left To Lose" by Puddle of Mudd

No Way Out

"Crossing Borders" by Rey Mysterio

Yeah, but I liked that song. It was way better than Crack Addict, IMO.

Guest KJ Brackish

I agree with Deon on this one. Well....actually.......I wore out Crack Addict as I got the studio version on CD and I listened the 'hell' out of it. I loved both Crack Addict and I still love Build A Bridge.

DFA

Guest Anglesault

It's pretty damn sad that they picked "Drowning Pool" for the biggest show ever. So much for class.

I would genuinely have preferred no official theme song at all. They could have just used generic video package music for all the match buildup segments.

Out of the last 12 months, I would only class Summerslam as having a decent theme.

It's pretty damn sad that they picked "Drowning Pool" for the biggest show ever. So much for class.

You expected a company that brought us Katie Vick and repeated mention of Eddie's "demons" to have class? Where have you been?

If all else fails, just amuse yourself with the fact that the original singer for Drowning Pool, well... drowned in a pool, if memory serves.

If this holds up for other bands, Fred Durst is impotent and Jonathan Davis has a big thing for mis-spelt cereal crops.

If all else fails, just amuse yourself with the fact that the original singer for Drowning Pool, well... drowned in a pool, if memory serves.

Right, if by 'pool,' you meant 'tour bus.'

And if by 'drowned,' you meant 'died of a previously unknown heart condition.'

Other than that, you're exactly right.

Um, that's NOT the theme. They used it for the matchup screen, but King never said it was the actual theme. Of course, they probably did it this way so they can avoid having to use their song on the DVD, but I digress.

Guest thebigjig

God I hate drowning pool... with and without their dead, previously untalented front man

I have to give them credit though for bodies... at least they proved they could count... really really loudly

I thought we hated Limp Bizkit, if only for Fred Durst.

"We hated?" I certainly don't hate Limp Bizkit, and I'm not about to change that so I can be part of the majority either. Please stop talking in the collective with such things.

Guest Deviant

Last I checked, the majority loved Limp Bizkit and all of Durst's "Look at me, I'm metal! I swear I am!" antics.

The problem with DP is that Bodies was very, very overplayed, even in wrestling circles as the Alliance used it as a theme and it was a PPV theme used in a thousand build up videos and the like. Then they got DP back as soon as they released a new single. Overkill just begs for people to hate them.

But for a debut album, Sinner was pretty good. It wasn't great, but if they got a chance to write more material and grow as a band, I'm sure they would have only gotten better, just as the guitar and drum work has improved dramatically on the new song.

I also see no need for the disrespect for the late Dave Williams, such as trying to amuse people with false statements about his death. Where's the "class" in that?

Guest Anglesault
I thought we hated Limp Bizkit, if only for Fred Durst.

"We hated?" I certainly don't hate Limp Bizkit,

So you're that guy.

I'd ask why you don't, but honestly, nothing you could say would make sense to me.

Um, that's NOT the theme. They used it for the matchup screen, but King never said it was the actual theme. Of course, they probably did it this way so they can avoid having to use their song on the DVD, but I digress.

Well, its a song off the new Punisher movie soundtrack. "Adrenaline" was a song off the XXX soundtrack which became the Unforgiven 2002 theme. So I like said before, I'm putting 2 and 2 together. Its a rock song, PPV upcoming, makes sense. I guess SD will confim it this week or not.