TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Corey_Lazarus

Lazarush

It probably won't be up this week until Friday night (maybe 6-ish). I have a shitload of reading to do for a test tomorrow on the second act of "Hamlet," and I have to quickly finish up HP Lovecraft's At The Mountains Of Madness for an "outside reading" book that I need to write a thesis on (I fucking hate English). Not to mention some minor psychology work, and I need to help my buddy Jay work on his song "Eggy Chunks."

Nevermind. No Lazarush this week. I start my driving hours tomorrow, Saturday I'm booked all day, and Sunday? Sunday is my day to just sit on my ass and do nothing.

Sorry, no Lazarush this week.

While there may be no Lazarush this week, I'm intrigued by a song called "Eggy Chunks". You can't just drop a title like that into the air and not expect curiosity

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I'll give my thoughts, even though I didn't finish watching...

Opener with Petey Williams/Jerry Lynn/Juventud Guerrera was pretty much what everyone expected. a Decent 3-way. Everyone seemd to be going a notch slower than usual, so that pretty much effected the crowd.

Simon Diamond/Swinger was all punch punch punch to me, and ended in a lame DQ. After the match Kash, Swinger, Gilberti, Young kicked Diamonds ass as well as the Juggalo dudes.

Russo/JArrett confrontation was...well, OK. Crowd with a light Bullshit chant to Russo for most of it, as well as some drunk smart-ass screaming out contradictions. Jarrett punked out Russo, but Russo said Jarrett should pass the torch, and that something a long the lines of Ravens dream or destiny being completed, except he didn't say Ravens name.

Raven/Sabu vs. Punk/Dinero was way too short, about 4-5 minutes with Raven pinning Punk clean after a mis-communication with Sabu. Raven starts talking about his destiny again...WORLD TITLE REIGN MAYBE?!

Styles/Abyss tables match was good, but I enjoyed the match they had a few months ago a lot more, maybe because I wasn't very fond of table matches. Luger returned (wearing a Yankees shirt~! Holla bitch!) press slammed Styles through a table to end the match. Luger just looked like he didn't care, just casually doing it.

I still haven't seen the Harris gauntlet and 3LK/New Franchise stuff. can anyone really blame someone to not watch the tag when they don't like Michael Shane, Shane Douglas, OR Konnan?

Actually, the 3LK/New Franchise match was surprisingly decent. I'd give it *1/2, honestly. Truth was good, as always, and Konnan was actually pretty good when doing chain-wrestling and the typical hot tag work. Douglas, as always, let his charisma carry his work, and Michael Shane is coming along nicely into a solid all-around worker (just don't let him NEAR a microphone).

Corey's 100% right.

The reason the 3LK vs. New Franchise match didn't suck to the level it should have is each person in the match played to their strength and didn't try doing things they couldn't do.

Konnan stood on the apron (which he is quite good at) for most of the match. Since Konnan is always over...his hot tag worked well. They also had Michael Shane bumping for him like crazy...which we can all agree is better than having Shane Douglas try to bump for him.

Shane bumped.

Douglas and Truth carried their parts by doing less actual grappling...and more "hey...we're both kind of over and good at working crowds...let's try that". The staredown mid match between the two had the crowd really going.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Corey's 100% right.

The reason the 3LK vs. New Franchise match didn't suck to the level it should have is each person in the match played to their strength and didn't try doing things they couldn't do.

Konnan stood on the apron (which he is quite good at) for most of the match. Since Konnan is always over...his hot tag worked well. They also had Michael Shane bumping for him like crazy...which we can all agree is better than having Shane Douglas try to bump for him.

Shane bumped.

Douglas and Truth carried their parts by doing less actual grappling...and more "hey...we're both kind of over and good at working crowds...let's try that". The staredown mid match between the two had the crowd really going.

This might be the best Shane Douglas match I've seen in TNA then. I forgot if Konnan turned on 3LK or not. I guess I'll find out after I finish taping MLW.

The first Raven/Douglas match was actually better than you'd think going in.

That was Douglas working the crowd to the point where if he had beaten Raven...I think some of the crowd would have jumped the railing.

The second Raven/Douglas match (hair vs. hair) wasn't as good...and featued Douglas throwing up.

I rather like the New Franchise group...and I think TNA has gotten a lot more out of Douglas than I would have thought was there.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
The first Raven/Douglas match was actually better than you'd think going in.

That was Douglas working the crowd to the point where if he had beaten Raven...I think some of the crowd would have jumped the railing.

The second Raven/Douglas match (hair vs. hair) wasn't as good...and featued Douglas throwing up.

I rather like the New Franchise group...and I think TNA has gotten a lot more out of Douglas than I would have thought was there.

I only saw the Hair vs. Hair match, and I didn't think it was that good either. Douglas vomiting and VAMPIRO debuting didn't make it any better.

I actually do think The Shane's are a good team too, as long as they do their own roles. Douglas draws the heat with promos, and Shane shuts up, bumps, and doesn't rely on resting all the time.