TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

Progress Report on Eddie vs. Angle so far.

Guest Goodear

They should so put Angle over someone like Cena via submission next week just to make it look like Eddie is super in trouble. It seems lately like Kurt is a bit on the Triple H 'save him for the PPV programs' which is perfectly understandable since they don't need a crippled Angle a week before Mania, but I think it would help him out to virtually slaughter a face that the crowd cares about that isn't Rey Mysterio since he always seems to get that duty. Plus it helps Cena out as a 'OMG Show is gonna KILL HIM' sort of deal and makes him look better when he survives.

Guest thebigjig

A question that may have already been address, but I'm too lazy to read through 4 pages of this...

If they keep pushing Angle as this sadistic badass heel... wouldn't it be counterproductive to have him lose to Eddie at mania like everyone wants?

Guest Goodear

Not really since its more important to establish Eddie at this point as a full time main eventer than to cut him off at the knees a month after winning the belt in the first place. Guerrero needs to keep overcoming obsticles until its obvious that he's the big man on campus and that entails not only getting past Angle but Brock and Big Show as well. You simply keep Angle and Brock up by having them go lower and more crazy each time they challenge until they want to move the strap off Eddie. But to do that NOW? Insane.

Guest thebigjig
Not really since its more important to establish Eddie at this point as a full time main eventer than to cut him off at the knees a month after winning the belt in the first place. Guerrero needs to keep overcoming obsticles until its obvious that he's the big man on campus and that entails not only getting past Angle but Brock and Big Show as well. You simply keep Angle and Brock up by having them go lower and more crazy each time they challenge until they want to move the strap off Eddie. But to do that NOW? Insane.

Yeah I see your point...

but damnit why did they have to wait so long to introduce psychosadisticmotherfucker Kurt?!

Guest Anglesault
They should so put Angle over someone like Cena via submission next week just to make it look like Eddie is super in trouble.

I don't really agree, because I think that would get Big Show involved.

If they keep pushing Angle as this sadistic badass heel... wouldn't it be counterproductive to have him lose to Eddie at mania like everyone wants?

I don't quite follow.

Would you rather him be a pussy and lose or a bad ass and win? Because neither should happen.

Guest Anglesault
You simply keep Angle and Brock up by having them go lower and more crazy each time they challenge until they want to move the strap off Eddie

Angle really should retire after Mania. He would have done everything there is to do in this company, including fighting in the world title match at two Wrestlemanias.

He's done everything worth doing.

He never won the WWE title at Wrestlemania and I don't believe he will this year either. At least I'm hoping he won't.

Guest Anglesault

He never won the WWE title at Wrestlemania and I don't believe he will this year either. At least I'm hoping he won't.

That really isn't a major sticking for me. I could live without it.

They should have Angle brutalize Eddie again on Smackdown, leading to Guerrero beating Angle at Mania and then giving the REAL payoff of Guerrero beating Angle's ass into oblivion post-match.

Guest Anglesault

If it retires Kurt, why not.

The one thing that annoys me a little about this feud (but still makes it very interesting) Is that the heel is completely and totally in the right. I have a hard time really HATING the character.

You crack me up, Anglesault. You want Kurt Angle to booked like a super human and be given a God push, but want him to retire at the same time.

If it retires Kurt, why not.

The one thing that annoys me a little about this feud (but still makes it very interesting) Is that the heel is completely and totally in the right. I have a hard time really HATING the character.

Actually, he's not right. It's well-documented that Eddie cleaned up his life. And it didn't happen yesterday; he's been cleaned up for about two years now. Angle is wrong in this situation because he's basing someone off their past and not who they are now.

Guest Anglesault
You crack me up, Anglesault. You want Kurt Angle to booked like a super human and be given a God push, but want him to retire at the same time.

I never said I wanted him to have a superhuman God push (This time around).

Actually, he's not right. It's well-documented that Eddie cleaned up his life. And it didn't happen yesterday; he's been cleaned up for about two years now

And there have, in fact, been many cases of these peope falling right back off the wagon. If that were to happen to a world champion, it would be the biggest black eye to everyone involved in the company.

The reasoning makes sense.

And away from Eddie's drug problems, his character is a TOTAL sleazebag. Angle is wrong for not wanting a champion who lies, cheats, and steals?

The heel has a lot of legitimate points, and the only thing that counteracts that is Kurt is just being excessively mean and Eddie is a likable guy.

That's often how heels have worked for a while. They have legitimate problems with someone with lots of proof to back it up that would actually make them the favorite in any other world besides wresting, but they're bad people because the person they have a problem with is a face.

But Angle's a hypocrite because he also "lies, cheats and steals." Or at least has over the years.

Angle isn't the little angel he's trying to make himself up to be.

Guest Anglesault

Angle's confidential piece did a nice job of getting his finishers over tonight.

It's almost a shame for him to retire after finally getting a nice push as a heel, but it must be done.

Guest Anglesault

I think he should. He's done all there is to do, so why risk his health?

If Kurt were to retire, he'll always have that stigma "what could've been" attached to him. I think Brock is his counterpart that will realize his full potential, rather than Kurt who didn't due to his neck condition. It's a shame, because they FINALLY got it right with Kurt and this heel turn.

Guest Anglesault
. It's a shame, because they FINALLY got it right with Kurt and this heel turn.

But after the Eddie feud ends on Sunday, there's no where to go with that character.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

That really isn't a major sticking for me. I could live without it.

Yeah, most career heels don't get the big one at 'Mania.

I think just for fun since Angle and Lesnar are both heels, after WM 20, instead of chasing after Eddie each to be fed to him sooner (which shouldn't happen yet), they should be buddy buddies again and team up and win the WWE Tag Team Championship for something to do in the early midyear. You could say this could be 2004's version of "Power Trip". Not only would it help revive the division, but it should encourage WWE to make up some new tag pairs.

*dreams of TWGTT turning face and wrestling Angle / Lesnar for the tag titles at JD

You make it sound like another "Power Trip" would be a good thing; as if it was successful before to pair together two guys who supposedly hate each other.

Agreed. Oh yeah, it's realistic for a pair of guys who fought in a Three Stages of Hell match 3 monthes earlier to pair up and have no problems with each other. Not to mention one of the guys took out the other one for a year. Yep, so great.

I'll be honest. I liked Power Trip, although you're right that Austin - HHH being buddies again after trying to kill each other was illogical.

I guess I was just using Power Trip as an example of starpower holding the tag titles.