TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cbacon

Sticky Ebay situation

Guest KJ Brackish

My only idea for you, is to go Soprano style and "schedule" her to be *****Whacked*****.......and since you have her address, it should be no problem. Other than that, I'd just wait until you get a notice by eBay or a request from somebody her side and then take whatever actions necessary.

DFA

Jeez, this dosent look like its going to end anytime soon:

I understand how you feel like its not your fault, but your responsibility

extended not just to dropping the tickets in the mail, but making sure they

got to me in a timely manner, and in that you failed. I will not drop this

matter and will take legal action if necessary...hey, my time as a lawyer is

free to me and I know legally I am in the right.

Heh. Sounds like she's trying to intimidate you.

Guest stardust

I really don't see how you can be held accountable for the USPS not getting the package to her on time (that is if it didn't get there). And don't let her talk to PayPal and get your PayPal account suspended--it's a bitch to get it unsuspended and you have to jump through dozens of flaming hoops.

And why would a lawyer buy tickets from a scalper considering the fact that scalping is *technically* illegal?

Guest Ram

Heh. Sounds like she's trying to intimidate you.

Sounds like bullshit too.

"Also, I was a lawyer so you have no chance." Bah.

The "I'm a lawyer/I have my lawyers on speed-dial" is used a lot on the internet. I'd call up PayPal myself and explain the situation.

It's your responsibility to make sure that they get there within a timely manner. You did that by mailing them as soon as you can. Outside of driving to her fucking house, there isn't a whole lot that you can do otherwise.

Get in contact with PayPal and Ebay and get it sorted out that way.

I'm about to send this as a reply:

-----------------------------------------------

Well, if we're going to throw legal jargon around:

With all due respect you would also know that this issue involves contributory negligence which contributed to your own loss. I'm sure I don't have to explain that to you, you being a lawyer and all. You'd also know that in law the person must take reasonable actions, this practise was not exemplified on your behalf by posting negative feedback without making any attempt to resolve the situation. Furthermore, by taking this issue further you are treading on shallow waters, we could get into semantics since we're dealing with a sticky situation here with tickets, such as me not guaranteeing delivery by a certain date and whatnot and ESPECIALLY when there's well known risk a situation like could occur when buying tickets so close the actual date.

I am trying to be as rational as possible in this situation. I feel terrible that you did not get your tickets due to faulty delivery. I am willing to go the lenghts to reach a comprimise, but it is unfair for me to be held accountable in this situation. I have sent Ebay an email regarding the issue and they should reply shortly. I will be sure to forward it to you when it does arrive.

In the meantime, take they're following policy into consideration:

Items that are lost or damaged during shipping are not eligible for eBay's Fraud Alert and Protection Claim programs unless you are the buyer and one of the following conditions apply:

You purchased shipping insurance and the seller failed to insure the item.

You purchased shipping insurance and your or the seller filed a claim with the shipping carrier, but the claim was denied due to poor packaging.

You purchased shipping insurance and your or the seller filed a claim with the shipping carrier, and the shipping carrier awarded the seller reimbursement but the seller failed to send a refund to you.

Regards,

Chris

-----------------------------------------------------

Too forward? Not forward enough?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Ahem... OWNED!!

Stick it to the bitch. Trying to pretend to be a lawyer :lol: She should at least learn lawyer jargon, and how to completely baffle people with what they say.

The proper response to her would be:

1shut_up.gif

But I know you want to keep it professional. ;)

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

If the bitch wanted to go to the concert so bad why'd she wait til the week before it to search ebay?

And what proof does she have she actually got tickets from a scalper?

Guest OctoberBlood

Yeah, she can't touch you. I almost spit out my drink when I read she was a lawyer and was gonna take "action" .. Bwahaha, she needs to read ebay policies, like you pointed out.

I understand how you feel like its not your fault, but your responsibility extended not just to dropping the tickets in the mail, but making sure they got to me in a timely manner, and in that you failed

Is that an actual e-bay 'rule' or whatever they have? I mean, you're not responsible for any mistakes or situations with postmen and shit like that surely.

Just seems like someone who's out for some money. Hopefully in your e-mail you notified E-Bay about her claims to being a lawyer to try to intimidate you. After all...if she did that to a 'less aware' person, she'd be able to demand all sorts.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I understand how you feel like its not your fault, but your responsibility extended not just to dropping the tickets in the mail, but making sure they got to me in a timely manner, and in that you failed

Is that an actual e-bay 'rule' or whatever they have? I mean, you're not responsible for any mistakes or situations with postmen and shit like that surely.

Just seems like someone who's out for some money. Hopefully in your e-mail you notified E-Bay about her claims to being a lawyer to try to intimidate you. After all...if she did that to a 'less aware' person, she'd be able to demand all sorts.

I am the president of the United States. Now bow down and kiss my BUTT! The streets will be flooded with the blood of the non believers.