TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aero

WCW Revenge for N64

Having just hooked up my old N64, I decided to play WCW Revenge. Watching the opening video makes me wonder... what the fuck? I remember wondering about it years ago, but just watching it today is hilarious. Sting appears in the middle of the road by a bolt of lightning and what looks like a garbage can or something lights on fire. The truck drivers goes, "What?" and then it goes into the wrestling parts of the game... until the end when Sting and Hogan use their electric eye powers on each other.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Macho was the truck driver...I guess he was just the NWO's bitch.

That shit was funny, though.

*hooks up N64*

Are you sure? I thought it was just some random truck driver they made for the video.

And of course you had to alter all the attires at least once for the video. I remember the first time I rented it, I totally screwed up everyone's attire and name. I remember changing Goldberg, at least, into light green Harlem Heat attire.

Are you sure? I thought it was just some random truck driver they made for the video.

You're right, Aero. The truck driver looks way too different than Savage to be him.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

To swerve a tiny bit off topic, I always enjoyed this game. The only problem was lack of entrance music. A nice selection of wrestlers made this fun, plus it had the WM 2000/No Mercy type engine, which is always good.

I love doing a bttle royale/Royal rumble and Sting enters mid-away from the ceiling with his baseball bat.

Renaming the wrestlers more than made-up for the lack of entrance music. I don't even know what was so funny about Kevin Nash coming out and his nameplate saying "The Draw"

One of the greatest intros ever!

"I actually like this one much better than the WWF games because of the more balanced roster. It is real fun playing as the likes of Psychosis and kicking Hogan's ass."

Do you mean vs. No Mercy or WM2000, or compared to the horribly out-of-balance HCTP?

The intro for Revenge was cool when it first came out...but now...HELL YEA! It's friggin hilarious!

The best intro for the N64 wrestling games was No Mercy. When I saw the first videos of NM, THAT was the first video I saw, and it hyped me up!

Guest cobainwasmurdered

i still play revenge. I wish there had been a story mode though that'd make it perfect

I love doing a bttle royale/Royal rumble and Sting enters mid-away from the ceiling with his baseball bat.

I LOVED that.

My favorite part about Revenge is the fact is has a point system for the most dominant matches and stuff. I always enjoy going back and looking at it and seeing my initals along with my friends who played the game with me.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Even better about Revenge: I paid like $8 for it off ebay a couple years ago. Woohoo.

Damn cost me $60 or so for No Mercy. BOO!

Even better about Revenge: I paid like $8 for it off ebay a couple years ago. Woohoo.

You were ripped off, man... You can usually find it for no more than $3 in the stores around me.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

You were ripped off, man... You can usually find it for no more than $3 in the stores around me.

One of the Video Game stores in my Mall (Game Spot or something) had it for $10. What-a rip off.

Still, like $2 or $3 for S&H for ebay so thats what boosted the price a bit.

I actually like this one much better than the WWF games because of the more balanced roster. It is real fun playing as the likes of Psychosis and kicking Hogan's ass.

Psychosis must have been popular with Aki because they gave him awesome stats and moves while Eddie Guerrero was one of the worst guys on the game.

One of the Video Game stores in my Mall (Game Spot or something) had it for $10. What-a rip off.

Still, like $2 or $3 for S&H for ebay so thats what boosted the price a bit.

He probably means brand new when it first came out.

Also, La Parka is awesome as well in Revenge.

most of the cruisers were the best in the game because they had such badass move sets.

Black Ninja has the best moveset. Getting a 20,000 point match with him is easy as anything.