TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

Madison Square Garden

First up, I'm curious as to the capacity of the Garden, which I could find on the net easily.

But will they set it up this year like they did for Survivor Series back in November 2002?

And, as I queried over the seating amount of "The World's Most Famous Arena," what will crowd reactions be like for this momentous occasion?

Guest Deviant

Yeah, I figure the double X doors is the most logical, and they can throw in multiple mini-stages for separate entrances which I though was a brilliant touch at SurSer. It will be interesting though.

Indeed it will be.

I will admit that I liked the way that the Superstars made their entrances at Survivor Series 2002.

And I watched that Tag Team Championship match a couple of nights ago - sheer brilliance.

Well, RAW kills half of the seating by making a big stage when the locker room is right next to the ring. WM1 and WM10 were small sets, I believe this will be no different. The only possible difference is if they do a set ala to Summerslam 98.

I have a newspaper ad for the Capital Centre in 1975 and it claimed that the same matches drew 26,000 at the Garden. I don't know how valid that is but it could be true.

The Curtain Call MSG card in 96 drew around 18,000 and that was a sell out. If you throw in video cameras all over the arena, stages, lighting, etc then it could be cut down to about 15,000 I'm guessing.

I would be interested to see how many showed for the famous Raw at MSG in 97 or the 2000 Rumble. That would be a good indication as to what WrestleMania will hold.

According to Wrestling Information Archive, the attendence was 19,231 for the 2000 Royal Rumble. But many other sites had many different numbers, all ranging from the high 18,000's to low 19,000's.

I always loved MSG's short aisle/small set, especially Survivor Series 2002's. I don't even care about the separate stage it had, I just really liked the big video wall doors.

While I appreciate the reason for WWE holding the event at the Garden, the somewhat small arena size is a shame for such an event.

It lowers the sound of the pops, etc., but, as I said, I do like those doors.

Well, WM1 was at the garden. The heart of the WWWF/WWF/WWE has been the Garden. They always go to the Garden. WM10 was at the Garden. It is more of a history thing. And have you heard a Warrior(SumS 88), Austin(SumS98), Rocky(Rum00), or Hogan(WM1) pop from the Garden? It is pretty fucking loud.

I know I was bummed that they chose to have 20 in MSG.

I like the feel of the big arena WrestleManias so much better...

and who celebrates a 20th anniversary anyway?

Are they going to go back to MSG in 5 years for a real big anniversary like 25?

Then not again until 50?

Or are they just going to have ever one that ends in 0 at MSG? And if so...why? Since there is no Mania 0 the 20 year anniversary of the first show isn't until next year...

Well, MSG is one of the biggest Arena's in the world. Why not have a PPV there, they have like 1 a year, 2 RAWs and 2 Smackdowns plus many house shows there EVERY YEAR. Before PPVs, the Garden is the biggest shows on a WWE tour. Both the A show and the B show did a Garden gig. It has had many famous matches and I beileve most of the major title changes before the Hogan era was at the Garden. Why not have it there. Besides, the last time the WWE tried to do a big WM after a Iraqi war bomb threats forced it to a smaller building. Right now, it would be hard for the WWE to fill any arena with over 30+K, even if it is a Mania show.

Besides, the last time the WWE tried to do a big WM after a Iraqi war bomb threats forced it to a smaller building. Right now, it would be hard for the WWE to fill any arena with over 30+K, even if it is a Mania show.

Having a crap main event and having no chance in hell of selling out the original venue forced them to change to a smaller building.The bomb threat was the excuse given by Vince McMahon.

Everyone knows that, what main event or money match do they have this year? Eddie vs Angle will rule, but won't draw alot. Benoit is in a triple threat, which makes a good main event for a b level PPV, not a Mania.

Guest nikowwf
Since there is no Mania 0 the 20 year anniversary of the first show isn't until next year...

So i suppose you celebrated the millenium THE YEAR AFTER everyone else? I'm missing the logic of that.

niko

The logic is that the year 2000 is the LAST YEAR OF THE MILLENIUM.

The year 2001 was the first year of the new millenium.

IT's a fact. The year 2000 millenium celebration stood in the contrast to MATH and the understanding of how thing work.

December 31, 2000 was the last day, January 1, 2001 was the first.

This is quite simple.

Guest nikowwf

I understand that. I'm not stupid.

I also understood that the day they celerated the millenium was the day they celebrated it. I also understand they are considering this the 20th anniversary of Wrestlemania. So, if you want to be part of it, you have to THIS year.

such is life...

niko

Guest Choken One

it's the 20th WM...

I'm not understanding the whole arguement here people...

Guest KJ Brackish

I was disappointed when they said MSG. I mean come on people! There is nothing more big and better...............................

That gets more loud pop's, than pop rocks.................................

Other than the Delta Center or E-Center of Salt Lake City, Utah!

DFA

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Anyone who disrepsects MSG must pay a visit to my belt...fuckers!

MSG is the greatest arena ever, and doesn't need to be a giant, fancy looking place. It's just a plain look that almost ANY TRUE OLD SCHOOL FAN can recognzie without even thinking.