TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Use Your Illusion

Street Fighter III on its way to PS2...

IGN just confirmed that rumor. It's coming out in the summer and will be called Street Fighter: Anniversary Collection.

Eh, whatever. I have Hyper SF II already and have 3S on DC. I'll still buy this though...just to own it.

Pit-Fighter sucks.

UYI: Basically it is Super Turbo, but you can play as all the versions of the characters, from SFII all the way up to the Super Turbo characters. So it's possible to stack up Championship Edition characters vs. Super versions, and so on.

Although I don't think there's, say, SFII Bison or CE Dee Jay, although they could tweak the characters to play how they might have played in those games.

Yes, there's no old versions of characters who weren't in old games. So no CE Dee Jay.

Also the CPU NEVER picks older versions. You always fight ST versions in one player.

The presentation of the game is all based on ST. In one player unless you use an older version it's like playing a straight port of ST.

SF II The Animated Movie is on the disc as well as 3 different soundtracks and a slightly new intro. You can also look at the credits and intros from the older games.

There was a Limited Edition released in Japan(which I have) that came with a few extras, like a DVD movie from Gamest, a mouse pad and a keychain.

SF II The Animated Movie is on the disc as well as 3 different soundtracks and a slightly new intro. You can also look at the credits and intros from the older games.

There was a Limited Edition released in Japan(which I have) that came with a few extras, like a DVD movie from Gamest, a mouse pad and a keychain.

I doubt we'll get the LE, but who knows?

It's awesome that we're getting different soundtracks. Are they just Original/Arranged/???, or for different games direct from the arcade?

Are the different endings in there? I seem to recall several of the endings changing through the course of the series.

By SFII The Animated Movie, do you mean that we select something on a menu and watch a DVD-quality rendition of the awesome anime movie that came out in the late 90's...or the FMV game that was based upon it?

Probably it will be strictly the US version, with the new soundtrack.

The soundtracks are CPS1(WW through HF), CPS2(Super through Super Turbo) and Arranged(which I think is the 3do tracks).

There were slight changes in the endings throughout the different versions. The 4 bosses got new endings in Super, Chun Li got that "choose what she does with her life" thing, and they added cool pieces of art to everyone's in ST. The endings are straight from ST.

Animated movie is the 90's anime that was released in the US, with the cyborgs and all that. It's the actual move, not the game based on it. You just select it from the menu and it starts playing. It's the full thing. Doesn't look DVD quality.

Hyper Street Fighter sounds wicked.

I know for a fact that the Anniversary Edition will be released in Australia, no news on SFIII though, which is disappointing. IGN.com is referring to it as a 'US Exclusive Release', so chances are I may not be able to get my hands on it.

UYI

Sounds good. It is disappointing the movie won't be really "DVD quality," but it's a freebie, so can't really complain much.

I forgot to mention it's censored. All the shots of Chun Li in the shower and her shirt ripped off are edited.

Sounds good.  It is disappointing the movie won't be really "DVD quality," but it's a freebie, so can't really complain much.

I forgot to mention it's censored. All the shots of Chun Li in the shower and her shirt ripped off are edited.

I assumed they would be. Were those parts of any particular interest to you? :P

That Vega/Chunners fight scene is the SHIT.

Fuck I love Vega.

UYI

Yeah, that was a cool scene. Although something tells me the timing of it was little more than an excuse to squeeze some fanservice into there. Hmmm...