TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

St. Joe's Record In Danger......

Guest MD2020
I'm currently catching the game on Comcast. St. Joe's has looked absolutely terrible so far. They're going to need a big second half to pull this one out.

As a Saint Joe's alum, better now than in the real Tourney.

I don't think we are going to win it all, but it would be nice to go deep.

Guest Choken One

76-45.

Perfect anyways...they needed a loss anyways and this win pretty much gives A10 it's 3rd team in the big dance.

Does this drop St. Joe's from a 1 seed?

And, I don't agree with the they need a loss theories. St. Joe's wasn't going to be overconfident, if anything going in undefeated would've help them to play more confidently (which I think they'll need).

MD2020, when did you graduate?

Who did they play?...

Funny this thread went the whole time without anyone ever identifying their opponent (Xavier)

Guest MD2020
Does this drop St. Joe's from a 1 seed?

And, I don't agree with the they need a loss theories. St. Joe's wasn't going to be overconfident, if anything going in undefeated would've help them to play more confidently (which I think they'll need).

MD2020, when did you graduate?

Freshman year we won the A-10 and made it to the Sweet 16, before Kentucky (I think) beat us. I thought that was a great ride, but I'm sure the students on campus now loved this season (until today, of course).

this certainly doesnt help out Bubble teams like, say..Maryland.

Maryland's not a bubble team. Florida State certainly won't be thrilled with this development, though.

Maryland is a bubble team if they cant beat Wake Forest tomorrow in the ACC Tourney.

The more teams that would otherwise not make the tournament if they don't win their Conference tournament that do win it, the worse Marylands chances are if they don't at least beat Wake Forest.

Guest Choken One

Maryland's not a bubble team. Florida State certainly won't be thrilled with this development, though.

they better hope Xavier wins the fucking thing...Because that pretty much put X in the dance....but if X loses...it takes ANOTHER spot away...

they better hope Xavier wins the fucking thing...Because that pretty much put X in the dance....but if X loses...it takes ANOTHER spot away...

Only if Dayton doesn't take the thing. They're already in, and they have to be the favourites now, given that they're playing at home.

Two quick thoughts.

1) I think that this could potentially drop St. Joe's to a #3 seed. If Wake or Ga Tech or NC St. win the ACC, they could move up to a 2. Kentucky & Miss. St. are probably locks for a 1 or 2 respectively depending on who wins the SEC. Duke, Gonzaga and Stanford are all probably locks for a one seed. Pitt is going to be a one or a two and if Ok St. wins the Big 12 they'll probably get a 1 or a 2. That would be 8 teams ahead of St. Joe's dropping them to a 3. Big turn of events for them.

2) I think that the A-10 has a good shot of getting 4 teams. This should make X a lock, Dayton & St. Joe's are locks and now the tourny is wide open. If Richmond beats Dayton to get to the finals, and loses to X there, they should be in as well. A-10 is a lot more interesting after today for sure.

Two quick thoughts.

1) I think that this could potentially drop St. Joe's to a #3 seed. If Wake or Ga Tech or NC St. win the ACC, they could move up to a 2. Kentucky & Miss. St. are probably locks for a 1 or 2 respectively depending on who wins the SEC. Duke, Gonzaga and Stanford are all probably locks for a one seed. Pitt is going to be a one or a two and if Ok St. wins the Big 12 they'll probably get a 1 or a 2. That would be 8 teams ahead of St. Joe's dropping them to a 3. Big turn of events for them.

2) I think that the A-10 has a good shot of getting 4 teams. This should make X a lock, Dayton & St. Joe's are locks and now the tourny is wide open. If Richmond beats Dayton to get to the finals, and loses to X there, they should be in as well. A-10 is a lot more interesting after today for sure.

There is no way that St. Joes will be a lower seed than Gonzaga or Miss. St or the quietest Kentucky team ever. They will be a one seed. They have a fairly good RPI if I am not mistaken and their SOS is misleadingly strong. The #1 seeds will most likely be Duke, Stanford, Saint Joes and Miss. St./ Kentucky. The #2's will be Kentucky/ Miss. St., Oklahoma St., Gonzaga and Pitt.

I see almost no chance of St. Joe's being a 1. This was the worst loss by a number 1 team to an unranked team ever, and it happened in the quarterfinals of the A 10 tourney, not even a later round.

I think that St. Joe's should be a 2, but would not be shocked if they fell to a 3.

I don't see how they can't be a no. 1. With their strength of schedule being good, that one loss should drop them no lower than second or third in the national polls. That doesn't include Duke, though, and we know they are going to get bumped above St. Joe's despite 4 losses.

I don't see how they can't be a no. 1. With their strength of schedule being good, that one loss should drop them no lower than second or third in the national polls. That doesn't include Duke, though, and we know they are going to get bumped above St. Joe's despite 4 losses.

The polls aren't what people should be looking at. Duke is clearly a better team than St. Joe's. I would bet a lot of money that St. Joe's would have at least 4 losses if they were playing in the ACC. It's not the losses that the committee takes into account -- it's the good wins, and Duke has a bushel.

I don't understand that logic. If they stay in the top 4 in the polls, then it isn't up to the person setting up the brackets to decide someone else is better and bump them from a 1 seed. Plus their strength of schedule is in the 30 region. To go 27-0 with a no. 30 schedule means they have beaten their share of good teams.

Guest Jimbo

Wow, I'm really torn on all this.

It would have been one thing if the Hawks had lost a close game to Xavier, a good team, but they were murdered by them and did NOT under any circumstance look like a no. 1 seeded team, much less a NCAA tourney team!

However, they are now 27-1. They won ALL of their games during the season, unlike any other team. Say what you want about their strength of schedule, but they did win in all of their tests during the season, and no other team has done that.

Last weekend, Stanford lost to Washington in a game that wasn't really close. Sure, they only lost by 11, but the fact remains, Washington's team is quite analogous to Xavier and no one in their right mind is saying Stanford shouldn't be a #1 seed. St. Joe's should be a #1 seed come this Sunday, too.

St. Joe's is still a #1 seed and I doubt the committee will overreacte to this loss although they might be put a tougher #2 seed in their region now. Just another reason why I hate conference tournaments. Why does St. Joe's have to still win the Atlantic 10 after going undefeated? They had absolutely nothing to prove by winning the A-10 tournament. Same goes for Stanford or any other team that won their regular season conference title easily.

Maryland is a Top 30 RPI team so they aren't on the bubble even if they lose to Wake Forest.

I'm sure this will not go into committee consideration, but this was pretty much a road game for St. Joe's.

But hell give it up for X (a team I despise), shooting over 70% in the game.

GW will not roll over for Xavier tomorrow either.

This was one of the most overrated teams this year. They were only undefeated for that long was because they played in a weak conference.

They will loose in the second round, no doubt.

Guest Jimbo

Bah, let's see the brackets first.

And for the sake of mid-majors everywhere, let's see them do better than the second round.