TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

OAO "WrestleMania: The Movie" Thread

Guest Choken One
Does anyone think he'll try the SSP again one more time at WMXX?

No Way.

Brock got lucky that time...He won't take that risk again.

Guest Krazy Karter

Kurt went into shock?

This keeps getting better.

I'm guessing the original cut of this had cameras following all of the performers, but it was all cut to fit the hour. The Hogan angle of the film would have been cut regardless.

I *really* want the whole movie on the Mania DVD.

Unfortunately, the Brock sections of this movie seem outdated at this point. I'm cringing everytime they start talking about Brock's passion, how he's the future of the business, or when Brock himself starts commenting on how he loves wrestling and how he was born for it.

This was just so incredibly cool. What an excellent, emotional documentary. The candid interviews are tremendous. Austin was near tears in his segment.

Isn't it funny how whenever documentary cameras are around for something, all this heavy stuff goes down? It happened here, Wrestling With Shadows was doing a documentary on Bret that turned into chronicling the Montreal screwjob. If I can use a Metallica example too, a documentary crew was going to film the making of their new album and they happened to be there when the bassist quits and the singer/guitarist goes to rehab and the band has therapy sessions. It's funny how that always works out.

But yeah, this makes the Mania XX DVD a must buy now. It would be really cool to see the extended version, but I doubt it.

And it would be cool if WWE did more of these documentaries, but with Vince's new philosophy of everyone keeping kayfabe in the media and not doing shoot interviews, I doubt we'll see it...

Guest Anglesault
Unfortunately, the Brock sections of this movie seem outdated at this point. I'm cringing everytime they start talking about Brock's passion, how he's the future of the business, or when Brock himself starts commenting on how he loves wrestling and how he was born for it.

Well, when this was made, Brock had no idea that Vince had plans to fuck him.

Karen Angle should be a Diva.

Guest Krazy Karter
or when Brock himself starts commenting on how he loves wrestling and how he was born for it.

He didn't say that. He said he "thought" it might be what he was born for, and that he was trying to find out.

Can any Canadians clarify what the ass is going on?

UPN/SPIKE neither are showing this.

You need to type in the Konami Code on your remote to watch this show.

This WAS one fucked up Wrestlemania looking back on it.

Imagine if they do one for WMXX.

Benoit possibly winning the title.

Eddie possibly beating Angle.

The entire Goldberg/Brock thing.

Taker/Kane.

The HOF deal.

And then anything else that happens that we don't know about yet.

Guest Choken One

Interesting that Jesse is saying this...Since he NEVER wrestled a Mania.

Guest Anglesault
or when Brock himself starts commenting on how he loves wrestling and how he was born for it.

He didn't say that. He said he "thought" it might be what he was born for, and that he was trying to find out.

And you absolutely have to take into account that he had no idea that he was gonna be fucked over nine months after that Mania.

Guest Choken One
This WAS one fucked up Wrestlemania looking back on it.

Imagine if they do one for WMXX.

Benoit possibly winning the title.

Eddie possibly beating Angle.

The entire Goldberg/Brock thing.

Taker/Kane.

The HOF deal.

And then anything else that happens that we don't know about yet.

and with the recent resurge in the media's attention to know about WWE and Steroids...who knows what else will happen

Shit, Downhome's got a point with the Brock/Goldberg situation alone they have another special on their hands, but I doubt they have the time to set up a filming just 2 days before...

Actually, Brock's exact words were:

"There's some nights I lay in bed and really believe God put me on this earth to be a professional wrestler."

Or at least that was on the tape.

"There's some nights I lay in bed and really believe God put me on this earth to be a professional wrestler."

Maybe he has ADD. "Now I want to be a football player!" A year from now, he'll form a rock band...

Guest Anglesault

And then he realized that God doesn't like him anymore and booked him to feud with Bob Holly and get destroyed by the Undertaker.

And then he realized that God doesn't like him anymore and booked him to feud with Bob Holly and get destroyed by the Undertaker.

If being put in a feud against Bob Holly was enough to kill his passion, then Brock was never really passionate about wrestling in the first place. That's just the way it is.

This was just so incredibly cool. What an excellent, emotional documentary. The candid interviews are tremendous. Austin was near tears in his segment.

Isn't it funny how whenever documentary cameras are around for something, all this heavy stuff goes down? It happened here, Wrestling With Shadows was doing a documentary on Bret that turned into chronicling the Montreal screwjob. If I can use a Metallica example too, a documentary crew was going to film the making of their new album and they happened to be there when the bassist quits and the singer/guitarist goes to rehab and the band has therapy sessions. It's funny how that always works out.

Don't forget about that documentary crew following around those firefighters on 9/11.

Anyone else think this "Game Over" show might've been good if they'd not put every single joke in the commericial and played it nonstop for the last two months?

No one said he was slated to lose that program with the Undertaker. He was just steamed that the character of the Undertaker meant shitty matches with very little selling. It's not like Deadman Undertaker never lost a match.

Guest Krazy Karter
Anyone else think this "Game Over" show might've been good if they'd not put every single joke in the commericial and played it nonstop for the last two months?

I take it I need to play more video games.

This stuff is beyond me.