TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Mandarin

Outrageous Smark Wrestling

Hopefully, this one will go well. I've already done quite a few shows so at least this will be updated frequently.

Day 1- April 01, 2004- NP Smarkus has opened up a new wrestling federation, entitled OSW: Outrageous Smark Wrestling. The owner is Jushin Lyger.

With no television deals or PPV deals yet, OSW's roster consists of some of the finest wrestling in the world.

Those signed to a written contract are Faarooq, Spanky, Teddy Hart, CM Punk, Terry Funk and Vince Russo, who has creative control.

Those signed to an open contract are Alexis Laree, Allison Danger, AJ Styles, Chris Hero, Bryan Danielson, Colt Cabana, Japanese Pool Boy, Jerry Lynn, Joanie Laurer, La Parka, Men's Teioh, Raven, Norman Smiley, Roadkill, Scotty Anton, Sean Waltman, Shark Boy, Sherri Martel, Sonjay Dutt, Joel Gertner, and Tito Ortiz.

Day 3- April 3, 2004- Funaki was let go from WWE and was immediately picked up by OSW.

Johnny Spade was let go by WWE as well, but was not hired due to his demands to be positioned further up the card.

April 4, 2004- Rene Dupree was let go by WWE and hired by us. He is currently in a main-event slot.

Victoria was also hired by us in a managerial role.

April 5, 2004- RoH released Jimmy Rave, who was picked up by OSW. Dan Severn was also hired.

OSW was interested in getting a weekly format deal, but we must wait to the end of next month. OSW has not begun operations yet.

April 7, 2004- Bob Backlund has been hired in a managerial role.

April 11, 2004- Rene Dupree was released.

April 14- OSW announced to the general public that it would be running it's first show that night. All talent were informed and ordered to be at the arena several days ago.

April 14-

OSW Live!- Large Event

AJ Styles (f) d. CM Punk (h) with the Styles Clash in the Main Event. **** (20:00)

Jerry Lynn (f) d. Dan Severn (h) with a Cradle Piledriver. ***3/4 (15:00)

Joanie Laurer (f) d. Victoria (f) with a Rear Naked Drop. *1/2 (3:00)

Raven (h) d. Terry Funk (f) with the Raven Effect. **3/4 (9:00)

Sean Waltman (h) d. Shark Boy (f) with the X-Factor. Shark Boy tried for a handshake after the match, but was ignored. ** (11:00)

Men's Teioh (h) d. Spanky (f) and Bryan Danielson (f) in a triple threat match when he used a chain to hit Danielson. *** (14:00)

Chris Hero (f) d. Jimmy Rave (f) with the Hero's Welcome. They shook hands after the match. **3/4 (9:00)

La Parka (f) and Teddy Hart (tweener) d. Colt Cabana (h) and Funaki (f) when Parka pinned Cabana. ** (6:00)

Before the show began, CM Punk cut a promo on AJ Styles, but also put OSW over.

Top five pops:

1. AJ Styles

2. Jerry Lynn

3. Joanie Laurer

4. Shark Boy

5. Terry Funk

Top five heat:

1. Raven

2. Sean Waltman

3. Men's Teioh

4. CM Punk

5. Dan Severn

April 15- OSW Live was attended by 2246 people! We made $67380 from ticket sales.

April 19- Ron "Faarooq" Simmons has been released, effective immediately. When asked to comment, Simmons said "Well, I'll be damned."

April 26- The Japanese Pool Boy has picked up Bob Backlund as a manager.

CM Punk vs. AJ Styles II has been signed for the next event. We're hoping to switch to a PPV weekly format.

April 29- Sonjay Dutt has picked up Joel Gertner for a manager.

Chris Hero's new manager is Alexis Laree.

May 1- OSW has been picked up as a weekly PPV show and will air every Saturday on most PPV outlets at a cost of $9.99.

A world-class wrestler will make his debut at the next event.

Sherri Martel has been released after she decided to increase her wages.

Happy birthday this month to Victoria and American Dragon, who are 27 and 26 respectively.

The Dames now covers the events, not The Scotsman.

May 1-

OSW Live on PPV- Edition 1

AJ Styles (f) d. CM Punk (h) in the Main Event when an attempt for a second rope Pepsi Plunge was reversed into the Styles Clash. After the match, Christopher Daniels (h) ran down and hit the Last Rites on Styles. Daniels was the only one standing to end the show. **** (22:00)

Raven (h) d. Roadkill (f) with the Evenflow DDT. **1/4 (8:00)

Jerry Lynn (f) d. Bryan Danielson (f) with a cradle piledriver. They shook hands after the match. ***1/2 (14:00)

Chris Hero (f) vs. Terry Funk (tweener) went to a Double DQ. *1/2 (6:00)

Sean Waltman (h) and Scotty Anton (h) d. La Parka (f) and Teddy Hart (tweener) when Teddy tried using La Parka's chair but hit La Parka instead. After the match, Teddy explained to La Parka that he was severely concussed during the match and he had no idea what he was doing. 3/4* (7:00)

Men's Teioh (h) d. Spanky (f) with the Miracle Ecstacy following a Top Rope DDT. ***1/4 (9:00)

Sonjay Dutt (f) w/ Joel Gertner d. Japanese Poolboy (h) w/ Bob Backlund with a Bombay Splash. Backlund ran down the fans before the match in a hysterical promo. *1/4 (5:00)

Dan Severn (h) d. Tito Ortiz (f) with a Beast Choker. **1/2 (7:00)

CM Punk did the same speech he did at the last event, but this time on PPV. He really put OSW over.

Top five pops:

1. AJ Styles

2. Christopher Daniels' debut

3. Jerry Lynn

4. Terry Funk

5. Roadkill

Top five heat:

1. Raven

2. Sean Waltman

3. CM Punk

4. Men's Teioh

5. Dan Severn

May 2-

Allison Danger was let go. Shannon Ward was hired in her place.

Teddy Hart was checked following what happened last episode, and he seems to have no problems.

Scoot Andrews and Donovan Morgan were hired.

May 5-

"We are currently at a Cult level, at 60% image. Last month was disappointing, as we lost in public image. We are in negative figures financially, which must change soon. Last month was disappointing, as we lost money. Overall i would say you are doing poorly."

- Jushin Lyger. Ouch. The truth hurts.

May 7-

OSW Live on PPV- Edition 2

CM Punk and Christopher Daniels d. Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles in the Main Event when Daniels pinned Lynn with the Last Rites. Following the match, AJ Styles attacked Daniels. CM Punk pulled him off and the two beat him. And then CM Punk hit Daniels with the OSW Title. ****1/2 (24:00)

NP Smark debuted the World Title at ringside. The title would be up for grabs within a few weeks.

Bryan Danielson d. Spanky in a Submission Match with a Rollover Double Underhook. The two men hugged after the match. ***1/2 (18:00)

Raven d. Tito Ortiz with a Raven Effect following a Death Valley Driver. ***1/2 (11:00)

Donovan Morgan d. Chris Hero with a Helicopter Bomb. He repeated it again after the match to prove a point. **1/4 (4:30)

Scoot Andrews and Colt Cabana d. La Parka and Teddy Hart when Teddy moonsaulted off the ropes. It distracted La Parka enough to leave him vulnerable for the Forces of Nature by Scoot Andrews. After the match, Teddy explained that he was severely concussed and had no idea about his actions. *3/4 (8:00)

Sean Waltman w/ Scotty Anton d. Terry Funk when he pinned and Scotty Anton held Funk's foot down. *1/2 (6:00)

Dan Severn and Men's Teioh d. Roadkill and Jimmy Rave when Rave tapped to a Severn armbar. **1/4 (7:00)

Shark Boy d. Funaki with the Deep Sea Drop. They shook hands after the match. **1/2 (6:00)

Spanky hyped his Submission match vs. American Dragon before the show.

Top face pops:

1. AJ Styles

2. Jerry Lynn

3. Aftermath of Danielson/Spanky

4. Shark Boy

5. Bryan Danielson

Top heat:

1. CM Punk

2. Christopher Daniels

3. Raven

4. Sean Waltman

5. Dan Severn

May 9-

Joanie Laurer has been released after requesting a raise to pay off her chin surgery.

In only three shows, CM Funk has gone from a 50 overness to a 83. Jerry Lynn is at 83 over as well. Christopher Daniels is at 82 ovr, as is AJ Styles.

May 15-

OSW Live- Edition 3

CM Punk draw Jerry Lynn for the OSW Heavyweight Title. The time limit expired, and just as NP Smarkus signalled for the match to restart, Christopher Daniels ran down and bloodied both men using the OSW Heavyweight Title he grabbed at ringside. They really gotta lock that thing up. ****1/2 (30:00)

AJ Styles d. Men's Teioh with the Styles Clash. After the match, AJ waited for Daniels, who did not show.  **** (15:59)

Spanky d. Dan Severn by referee's decision. Dan Severn choked Spanky out, but he would not let go of his hold after the match. Bryan Danielson had to run down and break it up. **3/4 (8:30)

Raven d. Roadkill with the Raven Effect. After the match, Raven just sat there. **1/2 (7:00)

Donovan Morgan d. La Parka when Teddy Hart ran down to the ring and accidentally poked La Parka in the eye with a novelty foam finger. La Parka turned around for a Golden Gate Spin. After the match, Teddy Hart explained that he was concussed while watching the match backstage, and he had no recollection of his actions. 3/4* (5:30)

AJ Styles was on the lookout for Christopher Daniels.

Chris Hero and Shark Boy d. Colt Cabana and Scotty Anton when Shark Boy hit the Deep Sea Drop on Cabana. After the match, Scotty Anton spat on Cabana and said "You're no X-Pac." *1/4 (6:00)

Before the match, Colt Cabana asked Scotty Anton if he could be his partner for the night while Sean Waltman faced American Dragon. Anton agreed.

Bryan Danielson d. Sean Waltman (w/ Scotty Anton) with the Dragon Sleeper. **1/2 (9:30)

Scoot Andrews d. Jimmy Rave with the Forces of Nature. *3/4 (5:00)

CM Punk hyped his World Title match against Jerry Lynn for later that night.

Just for kicks, here's some of the best reviews I've gotten from Dames so far:

My Opinion: The psychology was sound, the work was crisp, but a few awkward moments drag it down to about ****1\2.

My Opinion: A **** rating is well deserved for the competitors in this match.

My Opinion: Absolutely solid match. A few minor things brought it down, so I'm tacking on a **** rating.

My Opinion: They definitely need to hook up again, I don't care what anyone says. ***1\2

My Opinion: Let me practice my math. 13 quarter stars equal a ***1\4 rating, right? Yeah, it does. That's what you get.

And some of the worst:

My Opinion: When I give out 3/4*, it means that I'm being REALLY nice about it.

My Opinion: Nothing special...nothing special at all. *1/4

My Opinion: I'll give it a *3/4 rating. If you think of it like currency, it's a 1.75.  You can't even take the subway with that anymore here. Work harder man.

My Opinion: Usually, this is designated for good matches that were usually way too short for some reason. What's your excuse? *3/4

My Opinion: I'll give it a *1\2 rating. Consider getting more stars to be the adventure of a lifetime. Get started.

My Opinion: Not good enough to earn an entire star. 3/4* for you.

There's more matches I still haven't posted yet, though. They should be coming soon.

Oh, and the last post was edited because I realized the Jerry Lynn vs. CM Punk was ****1/2, not ***1/2.

Hey, glad to see Scotty Anton making some appearances. The man in my sig most definately approves! Good shows as well.

May 16-

OSW Live on PPV- Edition 4

Christopher Daniels d. CM Punk and Jerry Lynn in a triple threat match when he hit the Last Rites on Lynn. Daniels stood over both men and told them he would be Heavyweight Champion next week. ***1\2 (15:00)

Bryan Danielson d. Dan Severn by disqualification. Severn put the Beast Choker on Danielson, who would not tap out. Danielson eventually got hold of the ropes, but Severn wouldn't let go. After the match, Severn kicked Danielson in the back of the head. Crowd was super-hot for this one, all in support of Danielson. ***1\2 (12:00)

AJ Styles d. Donovan Morgan in a close match. Morgan was even more put over as a monster as he dominated AJ quite convincingly. ***1/4 (13:00)

After the match, AJ went backstage and found Christopher  Daniels. They almost got into a brawl, but were broken up by security. NP Smarkus sent AJ home for the evening, telling him he would get his shot at Daniels, and the OSW Title, next week. It would be AJ or Punk facing the winner of Daniels and Lynn next week in a tournament.

Raven d. Terry Funk with the Evenflow DDT. *1/2 (6:00) After the match, Raven said he was tired of squashing these "hardcore" has-beens week after week. He issued out an open challenge for next week to anyone who doesn't plan on disgracing themselves, or the name of hardcore wrestling.

Middleweight Title Tournament, Semi-Finals: Shark Boy d. Funaki with the Deep Sea Drop. Funaki looked disappointed, but they shook hands after the match. Shark Boy had a staredown with Men's Teioh after the match. *** (9:30)

Scotty Anton (w/ Sean Waltman) d. La Parka when Parka went for a move off the top, but Waltman crotched him while the ref wasn't looking. Anton hit a powerslam off the top for the pin. 3/4* (5:30) Teddy Hart ran down and helped La Parka clear the ring.

After the match, NP Smarkus told Parka and Hart that they would be competing against Anton and Waltman next week to find out who would be the first tag champs.

Middleweight Title Tournament, Semi-Finals: Men's Teioh d. Chris Hero with the Miracle Ecstacsy. **3/4 (10:30)

Tito Ortiz d. Scoot Andrews with a Neck Crank. **1/2 (8:00)

NP Smarkus came out to the ring before the show and hyped next week's card. He said that next week, OSW would crown a Heavyweight Champion, no ifs, ands, or buts. The Middleweight Championship tournament would start tonight as well.

Chris Daniels hyped his triple threat match before the show.

May 29-

OSW on Live on PPV- Edition 5

In the World Heavyweight Title Tournament-

Jerry Lynn d. Christopher Daniels in the semifinals of the OSW Title Tournament with the Cradle Piledriver. After the match, Daniels attacked Lynn's ribs with brutal kicks. ****3/4 (17:10)

CM Punk d. AJ Styles in the semifinals of the OSW Title Tournament when Styles went for a Styles Clash, but Punk tripped Styles into the exposed bottom turnbuckle, busting him open. Punk then rolled him up for the pin. ****1/4 (12:00)

CM Punk d. Jerry Lynn to win the OSW Heavyweight Title. CM Punk jumped off the top rope and landed on Jerry Lynn's injured ribs and then his throat, making Lynn start to choke on his own blood. The ref warned Lynn he was going to stop the match, but Lynn said he could continue. CM Punk used a body scissors and Lynn continued to cough up blood, so the ref stopped the match. ****1/2 (18:00)

Other title matches-

Shark Boy d. Men's Teioh to win the vacant OSW Middleweight Title in the finals of the tournament when he hit the Deep Sea Drop. After the match, Shark Boy went crowd surfing with the title. **3/4 (9:00)

Sean Waltman and Scotty Anton d. La Parka and Teddy Hart to win the vacant OSW Tag Team titles when Teddy accidentally crotched Parka on the top rope intentionally, and Parka was X-Factored. Teddy Hart helped La Parka up..and superkicked him in the jaw. *1/4 (6:59)

Non- Title Matches-

Raven came to the ring and waited for someone to accept his open challenge offer from last week.

Raven draw SICK NICK MONDO when the ref disqualified them both for using thumbtacks. Raven pulled out a kendo stick from under the ring and waved it at Mondo, but when Mondo pulled a glass tube out from under the ring, Raven headed backstage. Mondo chased him backstage. **1/4 (7:22)

Bryan Danielson d. Scoot Andrews with the Dragon Sleeper. ****1/4 (10:30)

Roadkill d. Terry Funk with the Amish Splash. Roadkill helped Funk up after the match, while the fans booed the elderly Funk for his lack of effort in recent weeks. *1/4 (4:30)

Before the show, Bryan Danielson was approached by Spanky in the locker room. Spanky thanked Danielson for helping him against Dan Severn a few weeks back. Danielson said it was no problem.

May 30- CM Punk and Jerry Lynn were put in Main Event slots.

Gold for Scotty Anton- if only Vince had your eye for talent, the world would be a better place. Nice work!!

May 30- CM Punk and Jerry Lynn were put in Main Event slots.

June 1- Press Release: IMPORTANT- To all OSW fans

Jushin Lyger has stepped down as owner of OSW, citing NP Smarkus' inability to run the promotion. Likewise, OSW booker NP Smarkus has quit the promotion as well.

There is an emergency meeting scheduled for June 3rd. We thank all OSW fans for their support and most OSW wrestlers for sticking with us through tough times.

The OSW Live PPV will take place on Friday, as scheduled. We hope to see you there.

Sincerely,

MC Knuf

OSW Online Dude/Resident Cool Guy

June 3- Good news fans, OSW will still continue operations. MC Knuf has stepped in NP Smarkus' place as booker, while Jushin Lyger has been replaced by Hiroshi Hase! This is great news for all of us backstage and all our fans.

We've lost a few members of our staff in the fracas- Sadly, Victoria, Norman Smiley, Bob Backlund, Joel Gertner, Alexis Laree and the Japanese Pool Boy have all been released. Daffney (Shannon Ward) was almost gone as well, but CM Punk talked to management, and welp, he's the damn champ. So whatever he says goes.

In their vacated places, EZ Money has been hired, as has Michael Modest, Slash, the Briscoe Bros, the Backseat Boyz, and one of Roadkill's friends.

June 4-

OSW Live on PPV- Edition 6

AJ Styles d. CM Punk by disqualification when Punk used the chain he had last week to choke AJ. **** (20:00) After the match, Styles got free of Punk's grip and grinded the chain mesh against his face while he leaned on the ropes.

Raven and Donovan Morgan d. Tito Ortiz and Sick Nick Mondo when Morgan powerbombed Ortiz while Mondo and Raven fought outside the ring. * (5:30) Raven and Mondo brawled to the back.

Christopher Daniels d. Michael Modest with the Last Rites. **3/4 (8:30) After the match, Jerry Lynn, bandages around the ribs and all, limped to the ring after Daniels using a crutch. Daniels waited for him in the ring, but Lynn swung the crutch pretty quickly and almost took his head off. Daniels rolled out of the ring, and blew it off, and left.

Bryan Danielson d. Dan Severn in an upset victory. Severn went for some kind of armbar while Danielson played possum, but fell prey to a rollup. ***1/2 (11:00) After teh match, Severn had a fit in the ring.

OSW Tag Team Champions Sean Waltman and Scotty Anton d. Roadkill and Funaki and the Backseat Boyz in a non-title match when Waltman pinned Funaki. *1/2 (6:00) After the match, Funaki interviewed Roadkill backstage about why their team sucked. Funaki (interpreter for Roadkill, who would whisper into his ear), said that no offense to himself, but Roadkill didn't feel the chemistry in that match. But don't worry, because Roadkill has a friend coming to help him out soon. Funaki then translated "Chickens!" for Roadkill, and the segment ended.

OSW Middleweight Champion Shark Boy d. Spanky to retain the OSW Middleweight Title when Spanky blew a 450 off the top and Shark Boy dived on him for the pin. Blown spots aplenty. *1/2 (6:00) Men's Teioh tried to get a piece of Spanky in the beginning of the match, but was stopped by officials.

Teddy Hart d. Ace Steel when he pinned him and put his feet on the ropes. Teddy cut a promo on La Parka before the match, and sat in the chair he used to bust over his head a few weeks ago. **1/2 (8:00)

Scoot Andrew and Frank Shamrock d. The Briscoe Boys when Andrews pinned Mark Briscoe with the Forces of Nature. *** (9:00)

Chris Hero d. Colt Cabana with the Hero's Welcome. Slash watched this match from ringside, and applauded Hero after it was over, as did the audience. ***3/4 (13:30)

Before the show started, MC Knuf came out to address the crowd. He introduced Mr. Hiro Hase, and put him, and all the talent over. He said the people in the back work too damn hard for this to be ruined for them, and this federation will live up to it's potential and showcase some of the greatest atheletes in the world. The audience gave him a standing ovation, except for the guy in row 4, seat C, who was quickly escorted from the building.

June 5-

OSW will have it's first big PPV event in one month on Sunday July 4th, entitled "The First Annual OSW Wrestling Classic". Expect to see some rivalries come to a close, and some begin a new. Why July 4th? Because nothing else really ever happened that day.

Late last night, Spanky was asked why his match with Shark Boy sucked balls. Spanky said he didn't know. Spanky was bitchslapped, and sent home for the evening.

I'll edit this post in a few mins.

Computer problems have kept this and the Match Reviews delayed for the week. Sorry.

June 5-

The next PPV, June 11, has been cancelled, as have all further OSW shows. The press release is set to go out sometime soon.

Danny Doring, the man who was scheduled to be Roadkill's tag team partner for next week, has been sent to rehab with a drug problem. We wish the best for him. Roadkill's tag team partner will be rechosen.

June 11-

Big news!

WWE and OSW are proud to announce that a deal has been met, after . All of OSW's talent, and three staff members (the announcers and  has been bought out by WWE, and will be the replacement for the proposed "ECW" brand WWE was looking into. OSW's roster, now known as "The Revolution", the third WWE brand, will not have any part in the new OSW which will be headed by Hiro Hase. We wish the best for OSW.

Last seen months ago, Paul Heyman will be playing the General Manager role on Revolution TV. Backstage, Paul Heyman will assist in the writing and booking of our programs. Revolution will compete as a brand, like RAW and SmackDown. Revolution is talking with the other brands about trading their superstars to us for cash, and in some instances (Spike Dudley), for free.

The superstars that will be heading over to WWE under written contracts are AJ Styles, Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Christopher Daniels, CM Punk, Dan Severn, Danny Doring, Donovan Morgan, Frank Shamrock, Funaki, Jerry Lynn, La Parka, Men's Teioh, Michael Modest, Raven, Roadkill, Scotty Anton, Sean Waltman, Shark Boy, Sick Nick Mondo, Spanky, Teddy Hart. Obviously, there may be some cuts to the overall WWE roster.

Ace Steel, Colt Cabana, Frank Shamrock, Jay Briscoe, Jimmy Rave, Johnny Kashmere, Mark Briscoe, Scoot Andrews, Tito Ortiz and Trent Acid are all in WWE under developmental contracts with OVW. Terry Funk and Slash have been let go.

Our pay-per-view is still scheduled for July 4th, replacing SmackDown's "Vengeance". We have now been picked up by Spike TV in a Friday night timeslot. The Revolution roster will remain the same and will run schedules different to all other WWE superstars.

We can't wait to begin our working relationship with WWE, and we hope that you continue to watch.