TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steve J. Rogers

Most jobs to the same guy without a win

I'm developing a fan-fict about a long-standing feud between two wrestlers where the gimmick of the feud is that one of them can never get a win over the other.

The only big-time feud like that off hand would be Raven-Tommy Dreamer and like Raven-Dreamer the feud ends where the guy finally pins the other one cleanly on his last night with the promotion

Any others? (matches against have to be more than just a handfull)

Steve

Are you talking televised matches? Because obviously if you look at the WWF results from the late 80's when Hogan was around, just find his opponent of the month. :)

Are you talking televised matches? Because obviously if you look at the WWF results from the late 80's when Hogan was around, just find his opponent of the month. :)

Good point! Ditto AS with Y2J and HHH, but I was going for a long-standing feud between two guys that lasts for longer than a month or two

And I don't quite count feuds where most of the backstory gets forgotten the next time they cross paths (Y2J and HHH for example, in the prelude for WM all their backstory got forgotten with the exception that Y2J was responsible for the Quad injury)

Steve

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

If not for ONE SINGLE WIN, Undertakers record vs. Kane is 342-0.

HHH and Undertaker

Kawada and Misawa

Taker never jobbed to HHH?

Wait, didn't HHH beat Taker in a "number one contender match" before SummerSlam 02, leading to what would be the formation of the Raw title or something like that?

Steve

Rock and Austin

Good one. Though it was only at the last match that they brought up the whole "Rocky has never beaten Austin" thing and there it was just WM matches, it didn't stretch all the way back to their IC feud

HHH and Undertaker

Wait, didn't HHH beat Taker in a "number one contender match" before SummerSlam 02, leading to what would be the formation of the Raw title or something like that?

That's correct. He also beat Taker on Smackdown weeks after King of the Ring 2000 when Kurt Angle interfered (this was build up to the Taker / Angle match at Fully Loaded 00).

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
HHH and Undertaker

Kawada and Misawa

Steve

I think a better way to describe HHH/UT was Undertaker has never lost on PPV to HHH.

And yes, I think HHH pinned UT the night after SSlam 02, but I'm not 100% sure.

If not for ONE SINGLE WIN, Undertakers record vs. Kane is 342-0.

Does Kane have a singles win over UT?

Yes, he beat him on RAW before KOTR 98 to get the shot at Austin.

Every time some comes up with one someone else has a problem with it and finds a way that it does not work haha!!! I definitely think The Rock and Steve Austin has to work for this one.

Thanks.

Every time some comes up with one someone else has a problem with it and finds a way that it does not work haha!!! I definitely think The Rock and Steve Austin has to work for this one.

Thanks.

Shut the fuck up.

I don't think Savage EVER beat Hogan in the 80s... EVER. I don't know if he holds ANY kind of major win over him at all. Or even a win period...

He did defeat Hogan twice at MSG (both by countouts) in Dec 85 and Jan 86 which led to their Lumberjack rematch the next month in which Hogan won w/ George Steele's help. All 3 matches were released by CV so they were at least acknowledged and should count.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Every time some comes up with one someone else has a problem with it and finds a way that it does not work haha!!!  I definitely think The Rock and Steve Austin has to work for this one.

Thanks.

Shut the fuck up.

What did he say?

Guest theoldxpac
HHH and Undertaker

Kawada and Misawa

Steve

I think he also beat taker at inserexection(sp?) 2002, or that might just be my imagination.

Every time some comes up with one someone else has a problem with it and finds a way that it does not work haha!!!  I definitely think The Rock and Steve Austin has to work for this one.

Thanks.

Shut the fuck up.

:lol:

Guest Goodear

Luger and Flair in any match that actually mattered. Hell, Flair left the company rather than job the belt to Lex.

Guest wayzing
Luger and Flair in any match that actually mattered. Hell, Flair left the company rather than job the belt to Lex.

Bwaaa-hahahaha. That cracks me up.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I would have to say Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels. Hell, after HBK beat the hitman for his first World title, he never lost to Bret again......

Guest wayzing

Good point, Dynamite. And no one worked harder for that fact than the Heartbreak Kid :D

Oh, and here's my official farewell to this boards most bad ass sig ever. No one will ever beat the Dynamite pic you used to have.

And much like in the Brock situation, I predict an eventual return. That'll be a good day.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Oh, and here's my official farewell to this boards most bad ass sig ever. No one will ever beat the Dynamite pic you used to have.

And much like in the Brock situation, I predict an eventual return. That'll be a good day.

Thanks bro......there will be a return....one day....