TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
syxx2001

Lottery news

WWE's high 4.5 rating for RAW this past Monday could result in the post-WrestleMania draft lottery becoming an annual event. The feeling is that the brand split has been established now to where putting the rosters together for one night really does impact the ratings and create a "special" atmosphere. Most believe that had the rosters never been split, RAW would not be able to draw a 4.5 rating.

Credit: 411mania.com

---

Most of the wrestlers backstage were very upset with how WWE handled the draft lottery. RAW wrestlers were not told about the decision to hold a draft until they got to RAW on March 15th, while Smackdown wrestlers didn't become aware of it until Vince McMahon made the announcement on TV. They then were not told their status and where they would end up until they got to RAW on March 22nd.

The Smackdown wrestlers were especially upset, due to their tough travel schedule. After working WrestleMania, they worked a house show the next night, followed by the Smackdown taping on Tuesday, and then left for an overseas tour. They then had to rush back to be at RAW on Monday then had to work the Smackdown taping on Tuesday.

WWE told workers that they kept things hush because they did not want moves being leaked to the internet. Despite that, most feel that WWE should have handled the situation differently when playing with the lives and schedules of their wrestlers.

Credit: 411mania.com

That last story I could care less. They aren't gonna do shit, so stop complaining.

Guest Choken One

No...GOOD FOR VINCE.

Sending a Message

"SHUT UP" is the right thing to tell the workers.

Imagine if Keifer Sutherland said "Hey, My wife gets killed" about 3 weeks before the final episode of the first season of "24"...

Maybe now the workers have learned they should stop gabbing about the storylines.

All other TV shows keep the angles and storylines secrect...why can't they do the same?

It's a TV SHOW first and foremost and if they can't accept the fact they are ACTORS(mostly bad ones) before wrestlers...they should quit and go to Japan.

Guest Mulatto Heat

It's management that's spilling the beans anyway. They know what's going on with everyone, while most of the wrestlers only know what's happening with themselves and really general stuff about the company.

So blaming the workers is not only asinine, but unfair.

Guest Anglesault
No...GOOD FOR VINCE.

Sending a Message

"SHUT UP" is the right thing to tell the workers.

Imagine if Keifer Sutherland said "Hey, My wife gets killed" about 3 weeks before the final episode of the first season of "24"...

Maybe now the workers have learned they should stop gabbing about the storylines.

All other TV shows keep the angles and storylines secrect...why can't they do the same?

It's a TV SHOW first and foremost and if they can't accept the fact they are ACTORS(mostly bad ones) before wrestlers...they should quit and go to Japan.

::Looks at the reults of the lottery::

Well, damn, you're rigtht!

I can't imagine what would happen if the internet knew that Jindrak was going to Smackdown before we saw it live!

Face it. No move on that show was so major and or shocking to the internet (which is why they did it) that they had to fuck over the wrestlers.

Anglesault's right. I know that it would have spoiled it for me if I had known that Spike Dudley was headed to Smackdown.

Rhyno? Edge? Triple H?

They jobbed Rhyno too much for people to care. Edge going to Raw was already leaked, and Triple H didn't even stay on Smackdown. I guess he was the biggest surprise, but I just knew that he wasn't going to stay there, and you probably figured it out too.

Guest Anglesault
Rhyno?

Minor. Rhyno is a jobber.

Edge?

The entire internet knew.

Triple H?

He was traded back on a taped show.

Guest Mulatto Heat

Rhyno's meaningless to anyone not attached to ECW.

Everyone who's visited a news site since February has known that Edge was headed to RAW.

HHH was a swerve, so really it meant nothing in the long run.

Guest Mulatto Heat

How relevant.

So yeah, back to WWE overworking its roster over their perennial paranoias about the Internet...

Guest MikeSC
What an incredibly unprofessional company.

Look back to the crowd reaction of Brock v GB at WM XX.

What CAUSED that?

The MORONIC workers LEAKED the story to any nimrod who had a laptop and a modem connection.

If they could be TRUSTED to shut up, they wouldn't be treated like children.

But they CAN'T be trusted.

They've shown it time and again.

Either shut up, or don't gripe when the WWE had to do things like this to you.

-=Mike

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

What CAUSED that?

The MORONIC workers LEAKED the story to any nimrod who had a laptop and a modem connection.

If they could be TRUSTED to shut up, they wouldn't be treated like children.

But they CAN'T be trusted.

They've shown it time and again.

Either shut up, or don't gripe when the WWE had to do things like this to you.

-=Mike

Exactly. You're completely unprofessional if you can't hold a secret for the better f the company that you work for, that employs many, has stockholders everywhere and entertains millions. But would the crowd've been any different? Are you sure that they were chanting "You sold out!" at Brock? I'll say yes, but you never know. They still wouldn't've liked Goldberg.

And was it just the crowd's actions that caused the match to be a fuck-up?

Guest JRE
Are you sure that they were chanting "You sold out!" at Brock? I'll say yes, but you never know. They still wouldn't've liked Goldberg.

I'd say it was at Brock, judging by the [MSG] restroom talk after the match. I remember this one guy

"The pussy is quitting to go play football and he couldn't even do something in the match besides stand around for 10 minutes. I can't believe the WWE wasted a year on this lazy bastard."

The ignorance was rather disgusting...as was the rest of the restroom full of wrestling fans

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

I think that the fans at The Garden just wanted to show off the fact that they were a smart crowd and knew what was happening, which was pretty fucked, ruining a match that was already not going to be anything great.

Guest Nanks

Based on the reaction of people saying that the changes were meaningless and unimportant, I pose you this question. Had you already known what was going to happen in the lottery before the show, would you have definitely tuned in???

More times then not Vince could careless what we think or know. The die hard Internet fan base is small. Except for us, no one gives a rats ass if Tajiri has heat for eating the last piece of chicken breast at catering. A storyline being leaked that Jindrak is getting a new gimmick is nothing and won't affect the company.

However, when a big event like Wrestlemania XX is about to happen and the media is covering it the Internet becomes a problem. If Joe Blow from the New York Post has to write an article on the event he'll search the Internet to find info to help him out. Then he clicks on a site and the first thing he see's is "Brock Lesnar Leaving WWE for NFL" of course he'll break the story to the masses and the average fan will see it in the paper and even some TV news outlets will mention it.

The draft wasn't as big as WMXX, but you get my point.

And holy shit. I'm past 5000 post. Where did my life go?

Brock called his damn football coach and wrestling coach and they broke the story that he was leaving.

It wasn't the "sheets" or the guys in the back, Brock broke the story himself to feel out interest.

Punishing the other wrestlers because Brock broke a story about himself is fair?

But it doesn't matter. If the wrestlers wanted to do something, they would just do a massive walkout before RAW and SMACKDOWN tapings. Until they stand up for themselves, I can't bring myself to care about their gripes.

Vince is basically saying "Yeah, and what are you going to do about it?" and they just sit back down and sulk.

Yeah. They all complain and go on the radio and shit, they need to suck it up and say "Vince. Im not taking your shit anymore" or sit down and play with their thumbs. DMX did it by standing up to Def Jam even though its 5+ albums too late and he just did his last cd, but at least he told them Im not doing anything else for you for fucking me over with my money.

Guest Anglesault

What CAUSED that?

Maybe people saw Shane McMahon chanting and thought it meant something?