TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

A fun fact about WCW

On Nitro in 1997, 29 of the 52 TV main events ended in a no contest, DQ, or countout.

In 1998, 33 of the 52 did.

That's approximately 54% and 63% of the shows.

Wow.

Guest Choken One

I can't even remember a fucking Nitro Main that lasted longer then 10 minutes...

We are lucky...no matter how shitty...every fucking raw main gets 10-20 minutes.

Anyone remember that Nitro, I think it was in 1999, leading up to (I think) Spring Stampede?

It was held in Canada, and the main event was Hogan vs DDP in some no-holds barred brawl.

It was really fucking awesome.

UYI

I hated it enough when Michael Buffer would do the main event intros on ppvs, but I loathed it even more when they had him do the intros for many of the main events on Nitro. It took up WAY too much time and they were probably paying him as much as many of the wrestlers. I'd always would find myself flipping to Raw during his long winded shpeils.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I hated it enough when Michael Buffer would do the main event intros on ppvs, but I loathed it even more when they had him do the intros for many of the main events on Nitro. It took up WAY too much time and they were probably paying him as much as many of the wrestlers. I'd always would find myself flipping to Raw during his long winded shpeils.

Didn't Buffer ask for like a Million bucks per PPV appearence? If so, WCW really spent too much fucking money on a RING ANNOUNCER.

I don't think one person went "Hey! Buffers announcing the ME! I'm gonna watch through 2 hours of shit, then watch a shitty main event! But it's worth it!"

I hated it enough when Michael Buffer would do the main event intros on ppvs, but I loathed it even more when they had him do the intros for many of the main events on Nitro.  It took up WAY too much time and they were probably paying him as much as many of the wrestlers.  I'd always would find myself flipping to Raw during his long winded shpeils.

Didn't Buffer ask for like a Million bucks per PPV appearence? If so, WCW really spent too much fucking money on a RING ANNOUNCER.

I don't think one person went "Hey! Buffers announcing the ME! I'm gonna watch through 2 hours of shit, then watch a shitty main event! But it's worth it!"

I don't know the exact figure, but I think he also charged more if they wanted him to say "Let's get ready to Rumble!" I can understand bringing him in for a Starrcade Main Event but I could give a shit for him introducing Meng in a World Title match on Nitro.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I hated it enough when Michael Buffer would do the main event intros on ppvs, but I loathed it even more when they had him do the intros for many of the main events on Nitro.  It took up WAY too much time and they were probably paying him as much as many of the wrestlers.  I'd always would find myself flipping to Raw during his long winded shpeils.

I don't know the exact figure, but I think he also charged more if they wanted him to say "Let's get ready to Rumble!" I can understand bringing him in for a Starrcade Main Event but I could give a shit for him introducing Meng in a World Title match on Nitro.

For shits and giggles, listen to his Fall Brawl 95 introduction for the Dungeon of Doom. I swear to god, if the camera was on him he'd be laughing his ass off.

For shits and giggles, listen to his Fall Brawl 95 introduction for the Dungeon of Doom. I swear to god, if the camera was on him he'd be laughing his ass off.

Got a transcript of that?