TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

Indy shows in the NYC, Philly, Toronto area

Im going to be in the USA for two weeks from Friday. Im visiting NYC, Philly and Toronto between these dates (3rd-17th) April.

I thought, what with the east cost being a hot bed of wrestling, I would be able to get to at least one live show whilst there. However, the "research" I have done so far has only lead to disappointment.

Let me explain. I arrive in Philly on the 3rd. The Super 8 is on the 3rd, as is a CZW Show. After a 7 hour (minimum) flight, I am not going to be able to rush straight out to a wrestling show for 3 hours (keeping in mind I am in a foreign place with no idea of where I am going or what the roads and public transport are like).

On top of that, the day I come back from Toronto to NYC is the day World-1 are running. (10th - im in Canada for the 8th and 9th). What with it being a 7 hour drive, I will not be able to book into the hotel and then drive another 2.5 hours back to Philly for World-1.

So, the point to my post, can any of you guys bail me out. Do you know of any shows worth attending between these dates? Keep in mind that I am from the UK, so any show with top/mid leve indy talent will be a one of great interest to me.

In addition, if shows are out of the question, if there are any good wreslting related shops/attractions in these areas, then that would be good as well.

Also, sorry about a thread solely for myself. Feel free to use as many insulting emoticons next to my name as you like :P

Thanks, in advance.

There are two dates, 4/16 and 4/17, in MA for the World Wide Wrestling Alliance. While it's possible they'll be at both, Kevin Nash and Glenn "Disco Inferno" Gilbertti are only confirmed for 4/16, and with the $20 admission you get an autographed 8x10 from Nash. Coming in from NYC to MA is probably about a 3-4 hour drive.

It was kind of hard to follow your story of where you would be on each day, but 3PW is running in Philly on the 17th, Joey Matthews vs. Raven and Jerry Lynn vs. Sabu are two headlining matches.

It was kind of hard to follow your story of where you would be on each day, but 3PW is running in Philly on the 17th, Joey Matthews vs. Raven and Jerry Lynn vs. Sabu are two headlining matches.

Coming home on the 17th, so wont be there for the evening! :(

Im having the worst luck with this :(

To clear up dates:

3rd - 6th Philly

6th - 11th Toronoto

11th - 17th New York City