TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

Way for Nick Dinsmore to evolve his character

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
They never explained when Edge and Christian stopped being vampires, how Mankind went from the boiler room to a children's book author, why the Undertaker went from satan to a biker, etc.

Edge explained that it was "character development." Mick Foley (the character) is quite insane and has created multiple personalities; the "normal" Mick is simply an amalgam of these characters. The Undertaker one is tricky, though.

Undertaker just assumed you knew he wasn't really dead.

The way to do it is, in the beginning he's a retard outside the ring, like last night... but as soon as the bell rings, he lets loose, is fast as hell, throwing suplexes all over the place, etc, just a wildly good and effective wrestler, and as soon as the match is over, revert back to retard... as he wins matches, becomes more successful and starts to move up the card, eventually people start to get suspicious about all this and wondering how it's possible he can be so good and smart in the ring and a total retard outside the ring. Basically do what they did with Goldust when they turned him face back in the day... slowly reveal that the 'retard'ness might actually be a mind game to throw his opponents off completely. As long as it's done gradually, with the end resutl in mind the entire time you're booking him, it can be done, quite easily. Has to be pre-planned though.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking
They never explained when Edge and Christian stopped being vampires, how Mankind went from the boiler room to a children's book author, why the Undertaker went from satan to a biker, etc.

Edge explained that it was "character development." Mick Foley (the character) is quite insane and has created multiple personalities; the "normal" Mick is simply an amalgam of these characters. The Undertaker one is tricky, though.

Undertaker just assumed you knew he wasn't really dead.

Satan and a biker have a strange similarity between them.

The way to do it is, in the beginning he's a retard outside the ring, like last night... but as soon as the bell rings, he lets loose, is fast as hell, throwing suplexes all over the place, etc, just a wildly good and effective wrestler, and as soon as the match is over, revert back to retard... as he wins matches, becomes more successful and starts to move up the card, eventually people start to get suspicious about all this and wondering how it's possible he can be so good and smart in the ring and a total retard outside the ring. Basically do what they did with Goldust when they turned him face back in the day... slowly reveal that the 'retard'ness might actually be a mind game to throw his opponents off completely. As long as it's done gradually, with the end resutl in mind the entire time you're booking him, it can be done, quite easily. Has to be pre-planned though.

I must say, I never actually did consider it being a work (well, you know what I mean).

Nice work. And hopefully, if WWE don't fuck it up, that's what I hope does happen.