TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

Way for Nick Dinsmore to evolve his character

Guest JMA
I wasn't around for when Kane got unmasked, what is the deal with his no scars?

it was all PYSCHOLOGICAL.

He was never burned...he just believed he was...and apprently Paul lied to him so he could manipulate him to destroy Undertaker and thus failing...he left...Kane all by himself...Kane realizing that he wasn't really burned became a monster until SUPERMCMAHON saved the world.

Actually, he WAS burned. The scars were just superficial, though, and supposedly healed over time. That was the impression I got from the JR interview, anyway.

Guest Choken One

I always thought we were supposed to infer that when He "tattooed" SARA on his throat...Sara took over his soul and thus got tired of the whole DEVIL look and liked the Biker look...

and while Sara was being the grieving widow...Paul, whom once lost control of the soul took advantage and recaptured it.

Guest JMA
I always thought we were supposed to infer that when He "tattooed" SARA on his throat...Sara took over his soul and thus got tired of the whole DEVIL look and liked the Biker look...

I actually had a crazy idea for an Undertaker backstory (involving Sara) that explained why he was alive again. It involved curses, zombies, childhood trauma, odd jobs, motorcycles, and Brother Love.

But that's a story for another time.

I just thought Sara was his new higher power.

I always thought that Edge was somehow tied in with Gangrel and was only half-vampire and hunted Gangrel, sort of like Blade. Christian was his brother but was a follower of Gangrel. I didn't think Edge and Christian were portrayed as full-fledged vampires. Edge then joined them, which didn't make the best sense in the world. After that, they just sort of broke away. Edge could still have been bitten by a vampire in his past, or could have almost been bitten by Gangrel. I know that sounds retarded in a wrestling storyline, but they could still have the continuity intact.

I miss Gangrel. One of the best enterances ever!

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

JMA, at first I didn't know if I'd like it, but that could make for a great angle, by the sounds of it.

I always thought that Edge was somehow tied in with Gangrel and was only half-vampire and hunted Gangrel, sort of like Blade. Christian was his brother but was a follower of Gangrel. I didn't think Edge and Christian were portrayed as full-fledged vampires. Edge then joined them, which didn't make the best sense in the world. After that, they just sort of broke away. Edge could still have been bitten by a vampire in his past, or could have almost been bitten by Gangrel. I know that sounds retarded in a wrestling storyline, but they could still have the continuity intact.

No, Edge and Christian were never really perceived as vampires. I think that it worked rather well.

Guest Choken One

well...Let's think about it here...I think looking at the timeline...He had to have met Sara around August of 1999...because he left a few weeks later...but was already wearing jeans and biker vests but hadn't brung in the Cycle yet...so thus we can assume that SARA was already influencing him...Thus becoming more human bu the minute...even his personality and accent.

We must assume that SARA, after a long passionate night of sex...killed The Undertaker we all knew...and as Taker's soul left AGAIN...she bottled it into that very tattoo imprinted on his throat...and turned him into her own personal frankenstein.

But when He died...she didn't stop to think...HEY! He died twice already and his soul was captured each time...and started to grieve...but it was too late because Paul Bearer, whom kept a watchful eye on Taker dug up that grave and took over him again.

Guest Choken One
I always thought that Edge was somehow tied in with Gangrel and was only half-vampire and hunted Gangrel, sort of like Blade.  Christian was his brother but was a follower of Gangrel.  I didn't think Edge and Christian were portrayed as full-fledged vampires.  Edge then joined them, which didn't make the best sense in the world.  After that, they just sort of broke away.  Edge could still have been bitten by a vampire in his past, or could have almost been bitten by Gangrel.  I know that sounds retarded in a wrestling storyline, but they could still have the continuity intact.

Silly.

Edge was a Loner. A Outcast who lived for only himself...but his brother...was devoted to Gangrel for a long time and thus drove them apart...upon seeing his brother back...he took advantage and entered the other realm.

Christian slowly discovered that the man he idolized wasn't Gangrel but was his own brother, Edge.

Along the way Edge convinced X Soda and Chips were SOO MUCH MORE RAD then vampire stuff and the rest is history until Christian grew tired of Edge' resounding popularity and turned on him...but once again couldn't live on his own and depended on Jericho...but seeing Trish start to drive a wedge between them...he did what he could to make sure he was NOT alone...and called his old buddy Gangrel to put a curse on Trish and make X the power over her.

Options on how to evolve Nick Dinsmore's character eh?

How about not insulting my intelligence by having him do a bad impression of a retard? I swear WWE is fucking clueless on how to debut people. I am not opposed to characters, but a retard character? This is ridiculous. I'm banking it doesn't get over and won't draw a dime.

Fuck Nick Dinsmore's character and fuck WWE creative for having him portray an intelligence insulting character.

Options on how to evolve Nick Dinsmore's character eh?

How about not insulting my intelligence by having him do a bad impression of a retard? I swear WWE is fucking clueless on how to debut people. I am not opposed to characters, but a retard character? This is ridiculous. I'm banking it doesn't get over and won't draw a dime.

Fuck Nick Dinsmore's character and fuck WWE creative for having him portray an intelligence insulting character.

Amen.

This thread isn't gonna quite make it into classics like Tomko and Fertig.

I'm all over having Fer(cough, hack)Eugene be an idiot savant and just be able to spout statistics in conversation, or go completely technical hyper-workrate in a match. A little depth/tribute to Waylon Mercy and Rain Man would beat just insulting the mentally disabled, which was NEVER my goal, nor RRR's, in Tomko and Fertig.

Anyway:

JR: So you like the WWE, Eugene?

Eugene: WWE is AWESOME! I love it!

JR: Do you have any favorite wrestlers?

Eugene: THE UNDERTAKER!!!!!

JR: Well, Taker sure is a popular one among our fans.

Eugene: YEAHHHH! My favorite match was his casket match at the 1994 Royal Rumble against the late Yokozuna in which the contents of the urn were spilled, resulting in a loss of the Undertaker's so-called energy, allowing the defending champion to conspire with Crush, Tenyru, Kabuki, Diesel, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mr. Fuji, and Jeff Jarrett in closing the lid on the Undertaker. Then he "rose to the rafters" but I heard it was Marty Jannetty. Despite its sentimental value to me, and the impact it had on me entering sports-entertainment, I only give it one star for workrate. At best.

JR: Uh...huh...what's your favorite move?

Eugene: BAAAAACK BODY DROP! YEAH!

Wait a minute: Brain-dead idiot who's a fanboy for certain guys, and then will rattle off some weird obscure statistic that only vaguely relates to what he's supposed to be commentating on?

billwalton.jpg

Guest JumpinJackFlash

It's great. Kane should do it....maybe. I alays liked Gangrel, because he always smiled to the ring. What wrestler smiles to the ring? When Gangrel smiled, it made me believe he enjoyed doing what he did. He had a great time. We need more wrestlers like Gangrel. :D

It's great. Kane should do it....maybe. I alays liked Gangrel, because he always smiled to the ring. What wrestler smiles to the ring? When Gangrel smiled, it made me believe he enjoyed doing what he did. He had a great time. We need more wrestlers like Gangrel. :D

They tried it.... remember the "Die Rocky Die" chants..... actually seeing what happened after that it could be positive

For the time being, what they do with Dinsmore's character could be similar to the character of Ikeda-kun, who wrestled for WMF. His gimmick is that he is a crazed wrestling fan, who enters matches to try and get autographs or photos of his favourite wrestlers. When the wrestler refuses enough to upset him (for example, Curry Man ripping up the pieces of card that Ikeda-kun wants signed), he snaps and starts to beat the shit out of his hero. From what I've heard, Dinsmore is playing the character of a huge wrestling fan, who happens to be retarded, so I can see him trying to get Garrison Cade's autograph, being refused, then just going psycho on his ass and beating him shitless.

Okay, Eugene has officially debuted now. And as you know, most characters evolve over the years, especially if they move up the card toward main event. Triple H changed drastically from blue blood snob to degenerate to evil bad guy to high-class elitist. It may not have been very believable to segue from character to character like that, but surely it has to be easier than what lies ahead for Nick Dinsmore.

How do you change up a retarded character? You can't exactly just say he's not retarded anymore. The only thing I thought of that could make sense would be for Eugene to get hurt pretty bad at some point and have Nick Dinsmore be his brother that comes for revenge. However, Eugene would have to stay gone forever for that to happen.

I know we shouldn't try to think logically about the WWE booking, but Dinsmore has been pigeon-holed into this character with little option to move on. Any thoughts?

Someone's probably said this, but I don't feel like reading the whole thread over this early in the morning. Anyways, they could always just have him break kayfabe and blame *insert-figurehead-here* for making him do the gimmick.

Then again, it is WWE, so knowing them - they'd have him get hit on the head or electrocuted and suddently be the known as The Genius 2K4 with Lanny Poffo as his mentor... :rolleyes:

I would love to see Tomko and Fertig brought in as "special" people as well with Eugene. We could have one big stable called "The Short Bus" or something like that. It would get massively over I think.

QUOTE (JumpinJackFlash @ Apr 6 2004, 10:04 AM)

It's great. Kane should do it....maybe. I alays liked Gangrel, because he always smiled to the ring. What wrestler smiles to the ring? When Gangrel smiled, it made me believe he enjoyed doing what he did. He had a great time. We need more wrestlers like Gangrel. 

They tried it.... remember the "Die Rocky Die" chants..... actually seeing what happened after that it could be positive

Took the words right outta my mouth.

Maybe it can all be an act, and he acts really normal when around Regal, but does it to be a jerk to Regal or something.

Bichoff walks away

Eugene: I'm gonna make your life a living hell dude.

Regal: What the bloody hell, you mean to say you're not...

Eugene: As far as Uncle Eric knows, he gives me whatever I want becuase of this, so don't you screw it up or it will be you ass, tea boy!

Regal: You little swine starts choking Eugene

Eugene: (in special voice): Ehh! Ehh! Uncle Eric! Uncle Eric!

Bischoff rushes in

Bischoff: What the hell are you doing! Taking advantage of a special person like that!

Eugene runs over and hugs Uncle Eric, gives Regal a sly look

Regal: But he's faking! He just wants attention I tell you!

Bischoff: You insensitive son of a...you better not screw up again Regal, or you're gone!

...OK, maybe I'm thinking way too hard about this, although it would actually give some depth and further entertainment to the gimmick but its not like Gerwitz and friends have any long term plan with this, they just want to copy popular movies and make retard jokes.

They could also have him have a split personality where sometimes he acts like Nick Dinsmore, serious wrestling technician and then Eugene "simple" little man.

Maybe it can all be an act, and he acts really normal when around Regal, but does it to be a jerk to Regal or something.

Bichoff walks away

Eugene: I'm gonna make your life a living hell dude.

Regal: What the bloody hell, you mean to say you're not...

Eugene: As far as Uncle Eric knows, he gives me whatever I want becuase of this, so don't you screw it up or it will be you ass, tea boy!

Regal: You little swine starts choking Eugene

Eugene: (in special voice): Ehh! Ehh! Uncle Eric! Uncle Eric!

Bischoff rushes in

Bischoff: What the hell are you doing! Taking advantage of a special person like that!

Eugene runs over and hugs Uncle Eric, gives Regal a sly look

Regal: But he's faking! He just wants attention I tell you!

Bischoff: You insensitive son of a...you better not screw up again Regal, or you're gone!

...OK, maybe I'm thinking way too hard about this, although it would actually give some depth and further entertainment to the gimmick but its not like Gerwitz and friends have any long term plan with this, they just want to copy popular movies and make retard jokes.

They could also have him have a split personality where sometimes he acts like Nick Dinsmore, serious wrestling technician and then Eugene "simple" little man.

Fan of David Cross? What's next will Eugene say that he acts special because he fell out of a tree when he was young? Just like on the show Just Shoot Me

Fan of David Cross? What's next will Eugene say that he acts special because he fell out of a tree when he was young? Just like on the show Just Shoot Me

Don't know who David Cross is and nevered watch Just Shoot Me, so I guess not. :P

My thoughts exactly! And Gangrel even said in a shoot interview that the smile was a result of his enjoyment of it, but Vince told him to knock it off.

Guest JebusNassedar

Personally, I think the way for Dinsmore to evolve is simple.

You ever see The Usual Suspects?

He acts out this handicap to get anything he wants, from copping feels on divas to even title shots. And then, once he finally gets into a position of supreme power...bam. He stops acting, and positively tears whoever he's in the ring with in half. While laughing. thus showing Eugene as being a conniving bastard, and instilling a character that no one can trust.

Or, they can put him in gay lime green tights that say his name and remove any semblance of character.

10.jpg

Bitter? Nah.

Maybe they could give Dinsmore a feud where he tries to prove that he's a superior wrestler to someone else.... (ie. Doug Basham someone who he's had so many ***-***** matches with)

Nah that's too hard...

Guest Goodear

A WWE crowd would crap on that like you wouldn't believe especially since Doug has been exposed as no great shakes.

OOOH you're a better technical wrestler than DOUG BASHAM? Well smack my ass! Next he will be a bigger bad ass than Shannon Moore.

They'll just do what they've done in the past. Regal and Dinsmore will bond, then Bisch will give Eugene some pussy and the pussy will cause him to turn on Regal. Pussy is greater than friendship.

Or I say have Eugene sitting on the floor staring at a snow globe with a wrestling ring inside while his Grandpa Vince wonders what he sees in that damn thing.