TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

A look at the Catwoman trailor

Guest Ronixis

You know-YOU CAN tell these guys who made this flick only watch anime.

Catwoman NEVER had the power to screech dogs away.

Catwoman NEVER could jump more than 15, 25 feet without that whip of hers.

That Gothic Cat Girl Suit is from Nuku-Nuku.

If they even watched Batman TAS- they would have known as well she was just a Thief, and WAS semi-rich and was just like Batman in every way almost.

But sadly, Otakus are about to rule the world...

Well, as of right now the Tomatometeris running at 2 fresh, 16 rotten.

But for fun, check out this review of the movie, which gave it a negative review, but had this great quote:

The only real redeeming quality of Catwoman is the cheap summer camp value. In fact, Catwoman is so bad that I actually recommend you see it. It’s the movie you and your friends will rip on all summer long.

Can anyone else see the ad people chopping that to "I actually recommend you see it"?

I have friends that want to see this movie. Why? "Because it's Halle Berry man." She's good looking but, not enough to see that movie.

Same here. I was in a film criticism class this summer. I brought up the movie and 3 guys said "who cares about the story dude, it's Halle Berry." I then emptied my water bottle on all three of them. Seriously.

I have friends that want to see this movie. Why? "Because it's Halle Berry man." She's good looking but, not enough to see that movie.

So I gather that they've seen Swordfish several times then?

This looks about a million times worse than swordfish. I also think if they were just going for the 'Halle Berry is hot! see it!' angle, they could've just gone with the costume from Batman Returns. They made Nicole Kidman look crazy hot AND dangerous.

That costume does NOT look very good (doesn't look good on her face at all), and would be pretty much impossible to be spry in. Doesn't it have high heels?

At least they had the good sense to try to top the lightning/Toad one-liner like 5 TIMES in the trailer alone. Soon Halle Berry's going to be like Arnie; you see her and all you think are cheesy one-liners.

Guest SP-1

*whispers to K that it wasn't Kidman in BATMAN RETURNS

. . . thought Nicole Kidman is hot*

Edit: Also, the spelling of trailer as "trailor" makes me think of some kind of giant robot monster attacking the city of TSMopolis.

That is all.

Edited by SP-1

Guest SP-1

I really need to find Batman and Batman Returns on the cheap at some discount joint.

Mostly because I'm poor. They'd both be worth the money if I had it.

In honor of Catwoman's inherent and sure crappyness, I move this thread be turned into a BATMAN/BATMAN RETURNS thread.

All in favor?

Jesus, i feel dumb. i knew it was Pfeiffer. Freudian slip, since it said in an article I was reading today that Kidman was offered the role before Berry. And turned it down, because you know, just because you CAN turn down scripts.

Berry was the worst thing in the X-movies, anyway. I like the character but good riddance. She was really, really stiff. Hope they give some explanation/cameo though.

SP-1: If you live anywhere near a college, you should have a couple of second-hand stores. I ALWAYS see Batman at those type of stores, much cheaper than a discount megamart.

Oh, and muchas gracias for the picture, Downhome. Think it'll be my background for a while.

And the Tomatometer update reads: 9 Fresh, 61 Rotten with an average rating of 3.4/10

Not that critics' ratings are the be all and end all of everything. But when one of the positive reviews says "Wildly entertaining -- but for all the wrong reasons." and another "They had me at the random basketball scene." I think that there may be a problem...

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

I read an article somewhere saying that Catwoman has had the worst advance buzz since "Gigli". I'd say that's not a good sign... ;)

Guest SP-1

Aye. We have a Manifest Music store near my college. they ususally have a huge discount section.

I wonder if deepdiscountdvd.com has it . . ..