TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Shelton Benjamin needs a good finisher

Guest DarthLordOfWrestling

I think some move ending in to a northern lights suplex would be real cool.

A Overcastle would be preety cool too. No one really does it either.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I think some move ending in to a northern lights suplex would be real cool.

A Overcastle would be preety cool too. No one really does it either.

In your sig, shouldn't it be the rabid wolverine, not rapid?

Guest Real F'n Show

Shelton's 450's in OVW were nice, but if their pushing him as a Main Eventer, give him something like the Michinoku Driver.

Guest MikeSC
I don't know really, i'd like to see him bring back his OVW finisher and use the 450 Splash, but since WWE don't want their workers to take risks, I guess that's out. Another move i'd like to see him use that WWE wouldn't approve of would be the Screwdriver, I think Scott Steiner used it in the early 90's and i've seen Jay Briscoe use it on occasion as well, it just looks like devastating.

You'd have to find somebody willing to take the move consistently. I know if I was a worker, there is no way in heck I'd agree to take a screwdriver.

-=Mike

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Shelton's 450's in OVW were nice, but if their pushing him as a Main Eventer, give him something like the Michinoku Driver.

They already gave it to Dupree.

Guest DeathBecomesYou
I don't know really, i'd like to see him bring back his OVW finisher and use the 450 Splash, but since WWE don't want their workers to take risks, I guess that's out. Another move i'd like to see him use that WWE wouldn't approve of would be the Screwdriver, I think Scott Steiner used it in the early 90's and i've seen Jay Briscoe use it on occasion as well, it just looks like devastating.

You'd have to find somebody willing to take the move consistently. I know if I was a worker, there is no way in heck I'd agree to take a screwdriver.

-=Mike

If the guy doing the move knew what he was doing, would it be such a bad move to take?

Guest Choken One

esp considering MOST of the roster's have neck problems

Benoit

Rhyno

Edge

Flair

or are too injury prone

Batistia

Triple H

So A Screwdriver isn't the best move to go with.

Again...The Stinger Splash/BrIdged German is PERFECT for shelton.

Guest JebusNassedar

Dupree's thing is more of a Running Sitout Powerslam. Which is interesting because of the whole "Running Powerslam Finisher" discussion that predated it.

And I never thought about the Splash to German. It does seem fitting, but it would need to be a hell of a splash, because they'd need to recol back so they dont hit their feet on the turnbuckles for the German.

Guest Choken One
Dupree's thing is more of a Running Sitout Powerslam. Which is interesting because of the whole "Running Powerslam Finisher" discussion that predated it.

And I never thought about the Splash to German. It does seem fitting, but it would need to be a hell of a splash, because they'd need to recol back so they dont hit their feet on the turnbuckles for the German.

Nah...

Just hit the German as he stumbles back...Unless it's Kane...it won't be a problem

Guest DeathBecomesYou

I see your point, although it'd still look awesome. I guess as well it'd be a struggle for Shelton to do the Screwdriver on some of the larger members of the Raw roster, on someone up to 250-260 lbs he'd probably be all right, but on someone as big as say Kane or Batista it'd be nearly impossible.

If the guy doing the move knew what he was doing, would it be such a bad move to take?

Number one, yes. No margin for error. Number two, most everyone who uses that move is fat/muscular, so their thighs are big enough to shield the persons head. Shelton isn't. Number three, they outright banned head drop moves, period. They made Mr Seniority Undertaker stop doing the tombstone, which he had never injured anybody with. Granted, they're bringing it back somewhat, but the point stands.

Guest Trivia247

first thing said about finishers people Instantly go the Puro Route

spouting out finishers the WWE is too chickenshit to do

Guest MikeSC
I see your point, although it'd still look awesome. I guess as well it'd be a struggle for Shelton to do the Screwdriver on some of the larger members of the Raw roster, on someone up to 250-260 lbs he'd probably be all right, but on someone as big as say Kane or Batista it'd be nearly impossible.

Keep in mind --- the Rikishi Driver was about as safe a head drop as one could do (the head never really threatens to hit the mat and it looks damned cool) and IT was banned. Alas --- I LOVED that spot. Rikishi has sucked pretty hard without it.

The screwdriver is extremely difficult to do properly (Scott Steiner is one of the few guys capable of actually doing it). Keep in mind, if its botched, that is a 6-7 foot drop on to the top of your head. Not something I'd want to take.

-=Mike

Guest DeathBecomesYou

Keep in mind --- the Rikishi Driver was about as safe a head drop as one could do (the head never really threatens to hit the mat and it looks damned cool) and IT was banned. Alas --- I LOVED that spot. Rikishi has sucked pretty hard without it.

The screwdriver is extremely difficult to do properly (Scott Steiner is one of the few guys capable of actually doing it). Keep in mind, if its botched, that is a 6-7 foot drop on to the top of your head. Not something I'd want to take.

-=Mike

Yeah, I know where your coming from now, I just took the idea from the Briscoe vs Briscoe match from ROH "Honor Invades Boston", when Jay did the Screwdriver on Mark, it doesn't look as dangerous initially, but when they show the reverse angle shot, it's shows there's no margin for a fuck up at all.

Guest Jimbo

-=Mike

Yeah, I know where your coming from now, I just took the idea from the Briscoe vs Briscoe match from ROH "Honor Invades Boston", when Jay did the Screwdriver on Mark, it doesn't look as dangerous initially, but when they show the reverse angle shot, it's shows there's no margin for a fuck up at all.

Someone needs to bust out the Cut throat driver from that match :headbang:

Guest DeathBecomesYou

-=Mike

I would mark out for that, although that's probably as bad a bump to take as anything else mentioned so far.

-=Mike

I would mark out for that, although that's probably as bad a bump to take as anything else mentioned so far.

Yeah.

Guest Jimbo

Yeah, it's definitely the worst.

Vince would go apeshit and JR would have a heart attack, but all of the people watching would jump out of their chairs and scream "HOLY SHIT!" after it and mark the hell out.

Guest Askewniverse

-northern lights powerslam/hammerlock powerslam (Benjamin has used it before)

-Perfectplex/fisherman suplex

esp considering MOST of the roster's have neck problems

Benoit

Rhyno

Edge

Flair

or are too injury prone

Batistia

Triple H

So A Screwdriver isn't the best move to go with.

Again...The Stinger Splash/BrIdged German is PERFECT for shelton.

I agree with keeping the splash and the northernlights suplex would be great if that and every other suplex wasn't already being used as just standard match fodder...what's with all these guys and their damn injuries...the old guys never seemed to have this many problems..it's like the NFL

I'd like to see him use Brock's seated Stretch Muffler in big matches. That move should only be used when nothing else is getting you the win. They could make that move deadly as hell in the fan's eyes.

Guest DeathBecomesYou
The roll up.

Sorry, that's Molly's finisher already.

What do you mean she has the Molly-Go-Round?

Well, WWE pretty much killed any impact the Molly Go Round had last year by having Lita kick out of it as if it was nothing at Survivor Series :angry: .

As for Shelton's finisher, I was just thinking, except for the fact that the setup for it seems contrived, his Dragon Whip is a pretty impressive move, so why not give him a striking move for a finish? I remember Owen Hart used to use an Enziguri as a finisher on occasion, so maybe if WWE booked it properly, Shelton could use something like that.