TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Your Olympic Hero

TNA Talent Pulled From ROH Shows

Guest Your Olympic Hero
All TNA talent pulled from ROH upcoming events

[email protected]

Both TNA and ROH have confirmed that none of the TNA contracted talent, which would include A.J. Styles, Christopher Daniels, Jerry Lynn, Traci, Raven and Chris Sabin, would be allowed to appear for upcoming ROH dates. This apparently includes the upcoming Chicago and St. Paul dates.

The impasse is that when Gabe Sapolsky went to the TNA show on 3/31, he didn't sign a legal document to assure TNA that Rob Feinstein was not with the company. At the time, he had said Doug Gentry was the person to go to and sign the document and it was expected that would be taken care

That's a pretty big blow to those ROH shows.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Wow.....

RoH really needs to get it together with this RF crap or they're going to find themselves in a bad position soon. I'm not saying RF is still there but they just lost a crap load of talent because they're lacking proof.

I feel worse for TNA. Look at the names of people that do both TNA and RoH shows. Notice two of their biggest stars, Raven and AJ Styles, work with both companies. By preventing them from doing so, they're losing a BIG paycheck. I feel bad because now TNA management (read: Carter and Jarrett) are going to get LOTS of shit from two of their biggest stars, especially since Styles has publically stated he prefers RoH to TNA.

Arg, no Styles v. Lynn in St Paul, a show I was going to go to. Strongly considering not too now, there's a WWE show in St Paul the same night (coincidence?) that I might just go to instead. Before I get flamed for not supporting ROH just because of this, read below.

I havent said shit about the Feinstein stuff until there seems to be some conclusive evidence one way or another. Now with that said....to me this says to a degree that someone in the ROH heiarchy either expects RF to return at some point, or else would like them to, or else he still IS making money off of ROH and maybe this co-owner (and his lawyer) is playing the boys, even Gabe and Doug?

Fucked up indeed. At this point I refuse to support ROH if this kind of shit is happening. Jow v. Homicide will still be a fine ROH main event for St Paul I'm sure, and I'm sure the rest of the roster will bust ass, but I just have too many questions on whats going on here to buy a ticket.

Think about this.

TNA already knows the backlash is coming, and they know the emails are on their way to Fox Sports as we speak...

And they still fealt they had no choice but to pull all these people.

The story here is why RoH can't prove RF is gone. To the point that we're now here.

Guest Salacious Crumb

It's really pitiful that TNA is going to get so much heat for this. Gabe is the fuck up here not Jarrett.

I feel worse for TNA. Look at the names of people that do both TNA and RoH shows. Notice two of their biggest stars, Raven and AJ Styles, work with both companies. By preventing them from doing so, they're losing a BIG paycheck. I feel bad because now TNA management (read: Carter and Jarrett) are going to get LOTS of shit from two of their biggest stars, especially since Styles has publically stated he prefers RoH to TNA.

I agree to a degree but my feeling is that if it comes to it, they likely will be able to find work elsewhere in place of ROH dates, well hopefully at least.

I dont see why TNA should get heat for this though, if I was AJ and Raven I would be angry at ROH ownership for not agreeing to sign a clause that said simply that RF isnt a part of the company or (I would assume is also part of the clause) wont be in the near future. It shouldnt be hard and would allow everything to be smooth, including their own companies morale!

Guest Salacious Crumb
Well...I don't think it's Gabe's fault at all.

He's not the one who started this problem...and I'm sure he's not the one who's been mishandling it ever since.

I think he shares a good deal of it. He's been extremely lax in proving that RF is indeed gone. I want to know why the guy couldn't sign a paper saying RF was no longer a part of RoH.

Well...I don't think it's Gabe's fault at all.

He's not the one who started this problem...and I'm sure he's not the one who's been mishandling it ever since.

I think he shares a good deal of it. He's been extremely lax in proving that RF is indeed gone. I want to know why the guy couldn't sign a paper saying RF was no longer a part of RoH.

Becuase he isn't the person that ownership was tranfered to.

He really doesn't have the authority to sign anything.

Guest OSIcon

"All TNA talent pulled from ROH upcoming events

[email protected]

Both TNA and ROH have confirmed that none of the TNA contracted talent, which would include A.J. Styles, Christopher Daniels, Jerry Lynn, Raven and Chris Sabin, would be allowed to appear for upcoming ROH dates. This apparently includes the upcoming Chicago and St. Paul dates. The status of C.M. Punk and Traci Brooks and those shows is right now uncertain.

The impasse is that ROH investor Cary Silkin was advised by his attorney not to sign an agreement that would hold him personaly financially responsible for any problems TNA might have resulting from the sides working together. TNA responded by pulling all its contracted talent from ROH. The issues at first were due to concern by TNA that Rob Feinstein was still with ROH. ROH president Doug Gentry on 4/7 had signed the same document, stating Feinstein had nothing to do with the company. The document also stated he would be personally held financially responsible for any problems from TNA that would arise should Feinstein ever be part of the company again."

So wrong again about it being able to not prove Feinstein is gone.

Bob Barnett is reporting that CM Punk is done with TNA.

Guest TonyJaymzV1

hmm...okay,I see it like this

A.J. Styles-ROH

Christopher Daniels-ROH

Jerry Lynn-ROH( didn't TNA say they couldn't think of anything for Lynn to do?)

Raven-TNA

Chris Sabin-TNA(HE NEVER WINS IN ROH!)

This pisses me off though...TNA should let them finish their dates they have booked, because damnit i want Sabin and Styles for the SSMC!

Guest TDinDC1112

Blame RF and Doug, not Gabe.

Also, why the fuck hasn't RF video changed their name yet? It's been reported that their business is back to normal and they don't think there's any reason to change it. These guys better get their freaking act together before it's too late.

Guest sean pyro

Because they think in wrestling everything blows over and people forget.

hmm...okay,I see it like this

A.J. Styles-ROH

Christopher Daniels-ROH

Jerry Lynn-ROH( didn't TNA say they couldn't think of anything for Lynn to do?)

Raven-TNA

Chris Sabin-TNA(HE NEVER WINS IN ROH!)

This pisses me off though...TNA should let them finish their dates they have booked, because damnit i want Sabin and Styles for the SSMC!

Unfortunately it has nothing to do with the way you see it...those five have contracts with TNA so they're out of ROH unless they can find loopholes.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I wonder when the owner (whoever it is) of RoH will call Jeff Hardy to be the new Pure Wrestling Champion :lol: [/just kidding mode]

I think the right thing to do is at least have Styles drop the title in a match, not just leave it for them to find a new champion via vacating it.

Granted, I'm not a lawyer, but doesn't TNA have to allow the ROH talent to finish their contracted dates? I was under the impression that the contracts only banned working for WWE.

Guest Dids

I'd bet that TNA contracts have some exclusivity items to them- but it's only enforced when it comes to WWE until now.

(editing to add: My Guess is that) This isn't about RF. It's about TNA wanting RoH to cover the damages if Styles gets hurt at and RoH event and then can't appear on a show on Fox. If they're trying to market the product to a TV network, they probably don't feel they can risk their talent getting hurt working for somebody else.

I think it's a shitty move, but I understand it. The mistake TNA is making is that they're simply not good or popular enough at this point to make the jump to network TV. They'd do much better to stay small, work with RoH and try and build up the names that work in both promotions to the point where people will watch TV to see them.

Guest TDinDC1112
Granted, I'm not a lawyer, but doesn't TNA have to allow the ROH talent to finish their contracted dates? I was under the impression that the contracts only banned working for WWE.

an ROH or indy "contracted" date is a verbal, "yeah, I'll be there."

Guest MikeSC

Also, why the fuck hasn't RF video changed their name yet? It's been reported that their business is back to normal and they don't think there's any reason to change it. These guys better get their freaking act together before it's too late.

Why SHOULD they change it? RF Video is a well-known name in the wrestling community. Why piss away all of the benefits because your owner (who, BTW, still hasn't actually been CHARGED with anything) has issues.

ROH shouldn't have signed the deal. TNA does poorly and they'll see ROH, claiming that the "stereotype" hurt the product. ROH will have to defend it --- which isn't an inexpensive thing to do.

TNA is in the wrong here. May they go out of business soon for this.

-=Mike

The paperwork apparently said ROH would be financially responsible for any losses TNA would incur from the relationship, and Silkin wouldn't sign it. Doug signed the part saying Rob was gone, but Silkin was unwilling to put himself in a position where he could be financially punished for just about anything.

Guest MikeSC
The paperwork apparently said ROH would be financially responsible for any losses TNA would incur from the relationship, and Silkin wouldn't sign it. Doug signed the part saying Rob was gone, but Silkin was unwilling to put himself in a position where he could be financially punished for just about anything.

Which only shows that Feinstein was never the issue for TNA.

ROH was the issue. They want to kill the company.

-=Mike

Guest glennsoe

Don't know if this has been posted yrt;

NWA:TNA's decision to pull all of their contracted talent from upcoming dates with Ring of Honor was made after ROH's investor Cary Silkes was advised by his attorney not to sign a document that would hold him personally financially responsible for any possible damages incurred to NWA:TNA if Rob Feinstein was found to remain owner of ROH. ROH President Doug Gentry signed the exact same document a few days back. The two sides remain amicable and continue discussions. A source in TNA considered the situation "defused" after Gentry signed the document.

The talent pulled from all forthcoming Ring of Honor events currently includes Chris Sabin, Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles, Jerry Lynn, and Raven. CM Punk, who is also under contract to NWA:TNA, remains scheduled for all ROH dates. Punk, who heads up the ROH wrestling school, has not been used by NWA:TNA in over a month. I am not sure what the status of Tracy Brooks, The Amazing Red, or Sonjay Dutt are yet. The ROH plan is to begin to build around a new set of stars, which actually has been the plan for some time as ROH booker Gabe Sapolsky likes to keep the talent pool fresh, but has now become at the least, a short-term necessity.

AJ Styles will remain the ROH Pure Wrestling champion while the two sides work to hammer out an agreement. While ROH's booking at the moment intends to build new stars, the plan is to keep Styles recognized as champion for the time being with the hopes he will return shortly. Should the sides not come to an agreement, obviously Styles would be stripped of the championship.

Guest Deviant

Until we get full info on why the hell TNA would pull this, or why they even have the right to, I'm sticking with my initial reaction of "Fuck TNA".

This reeeeally sucks for Jerry Lynn, who is rarely used on TNA and was just getting started in ROH. His income has probably taken quite a shot due to this. I see no reason for TNA to hurt ROH, its wrestlers and its fans.

I hope a significant amount of fans boycott TNA. In fact, TNA is going to hell anyway, so here's hoping it happens soon. Here's also hoping that Styles and Daniels signed one year contracts that expire soon, and won't re-sign due to this bullshit.

However, I am worried about what could be so major that it would make TNA so demanding. The natural instinct is to look at Feinstein and question if he's really gone... I hope there is no fact behind those instincts, otherwise, as much as it pains me to say it, ROH would deserve to be closed.

I hope that one way or another, everything gets worked out asap. And by "everything gets worked out", I mean "ROH gets their fucking talent back".

Guest TDinDC1112

Also, why the fuck hasn't RF video changed their name yet?  It's been reported that their business is back to normal and they don't think there's any reason to change it.  These guys better get their freaking act together before it's too late.

Why SHOULD they change it? RF Video is a well-known name in the wrestling community. Why piss away all of the benefits because your owner (who, BTW, still hasn't actually been CHARGED with anything) has issues.

Because they said they were going to change it.

Also, saying he hasn't been charged with anything is a major cop out.