TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Toxxic

Drinking About Life

The scene: A bar, somewhere in Detroit

A pint of Guinness is set down on the wood and some money changes hands. A large hand clasps the glass firmly and the black-and-white drink is brought up the to drinker's black-and-white face. The head tilts back further... further... until finally the glass in emptied and is replaced on the bar.

Aecas - the Black Angel - wipes his mouth with the back of his hand and leans back on his stool with a contented grin. After a couple of months of trials, life is good again for the Unholy Trinity. Dace is winning again; Aecas and Terrence are Tag Team Champions; even their old friend Danny Williams is back; and Terrence has acquired a new prize just for himself...

Beside his tag partner Terrence Bailey pours another shot of Jim Beam into his glass - the bottle is only a third full now, but it has had no apparent effect on the Anti-Heel Machine. Raising it to his lips the big Australian knocks back the shot without blinking an eye, then turns as Aecas rises from his seat.

"Just going to the bathroom," Aecas says, and points at his glass. "It's your round... champ."

Terrence grins and starts to pour again as the Black Angel disappears. He raises the shot glass again... and lowers it untouched, suddenly aware of eyes on him. Terrence isn't unfamiliar with the sensation, his huge size and oddly-coloured hair - not to mention the company he keeps - meaning that he attracts more than his fair share of curious looks. But this is a little different. Turning around slowly on his stool, the Anti-Heel Machine scans the bar for his observer...

...and finds him little more than three metres away. He's sitting at a table with a glass of Coke in front of him and staring right back at Terrence with dark-ringed eyes. Aware that he has been spotted, Toxxic picks up his glass and wanders over to the big Australian, absent-mindedly cracking his neck as he does so.

"Toxxic," Terrence says, eyeing the straight-edger calmly.

"Terrence," Toxxic replies coolly.

"What brings you here?" the Anti-Heel Machine asks, gesturing at the rest of the smoky bar with one huge hand. "This place is hardly appropriate for... someone like you."

"It's not," the Straight-Edge Sensation replies, glancing around with distaste. "But if I want to keep an eye on you, I have to go where you go."

"And why are you doing that?" Terrence asks, cocking an eyebrow. "We've already had the match. Or have you forgotten?"

"I'm not likely to forget," Toxxic responds, rubbing his left arm. "But you're wrong Terrence - we had a match; not the match. I mean to take my title belt back from you at some point, and in order to do that I need to know how you think."

Terrence leans back against the smooth wooden surface of the bar, eyeing Toxxic an almost smile. There is an almost shadowy look in his eyes, however "Are you really sure you want to know?" he asks quietly, downing another shot of Jim Beam. "Trying to understand how I think is a dangerous game."

"More dangerous that going up against you and Janus unprepared?" Toxxic counters. "I am going to get a rematch, Terrence, and this time I'm going to be ready for both of you. I'm confident that when I beat Kibagami, Zenon won't be able to deny me."

Terrence is lifting the glass to his lips when Toxxic speaks, and he goes stock still at the Straight Edger's words. The glass twitches in his grip and makes an audible *crick*, a crack appearing near the rim. Unsure of the Anti-Heel Machine's change in demeanour, Toxxic takes a half stpe back. Slowly, Terrence lowers the glass, sliding it to the barkeep with an apology before turning back to Toxxic.

"I request that you do not mention Nathaniel's name around me." he says with forced politeness. "There is a past between us I would rather forget."

"OK... this must be something before my time," Toxxic replies, mentally filing the information away for future reference. "Of course, most stuff is..."

"What makes you think you can beat Nathaniel?" Terrence continues. "He is known for being a very formidable opponent."

"Who just lost to Alan Clark," Toxxic counters. "Coincidentally, the only man to ever pin me in the SWF. And do you remember what happened after I lost to Alan Clark, Terrence, or was I beneath your notice then?"

"Remind me," Terrence murmurs, taking another sip of whisky from his new glass.

"I beat a debutant called Aidan Redmond," Toxxic supplies.

"Who?"

"Exactly. For some reason, after I'd finished with him he never felt like turning up for another match." Toxxic takes a long swig of his Coke, then returns his gaze to Terrence's face. "I intend to bounce back from my loss to you in that circus sideshow that Stevens' was pleased to call a 'match' in a similar way."

"Suppose you defeat your opponent. What makes you think you will be getting your rematch so soon?" Terrence asks. "Booking you in this match doesn't exactly show Zenon thinking highly of you."

Toxxic grins suddenly, the lop-sided smile coming easily despite the pain in his arm, the ache in his head and the fact that he is facing only the second man to beat him in singles competition.

"Because he listened to me. I told him that I don't care who I face, as long as it's a wrestling match." The straight-edger drains his glass and places it down on the bar with a *thunk*. "This will be a wrestling match. And when I've beaten my opponent I'm going to be coming back for what you took from me, and then we'll see how good a wrestler you are, Terrence."

"I'll see you then." Terrence replies with a slight smile, and his tone hardens for a moment. "If the Silent One doesn't break your neck."

Toxxic's smile disappears at that notion, but the ominous appearance of Janus has passed. "Just do me a favour, psycho boy, and don't lose my title before I come to claim it," the Straight-Edge Sensation bites out. Turning away he makes his way to the door, brushing aside startled customers as he goes. Terrence Bailey looks after him thoughtfully until he is interrupted by the reappearance of Aecas.

"Was that Toxxic?" the Black Angel inquires, staring at the door.

"Yes," Terrence replies, swigging Jim Beam from the bottle. "He wanted a word about the ICTV Title."

"Little bastard," Aecas mutters. "I suppose he was as obnoxious as ever?"

"Actually, he was fairly polite," Terrence responds. "Mostly."

"Yeah, but he seems to have prevented you from getting me another drink," the Black Angel grumbles, and attracts the barman's attention - not difficult when you're seven-foot tall, have a black-and-white painted face and are accompanied by a man who's even bigger. Terrence hands over the money, and Aecas prepares to drink again - then stops and chinks his glass against Terrence's bottle.

"Here's to Toxxic and Kibagami breaking each other's necks."

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Hey! It didn't suck!

Now that the ass is out... not a bad little promo, Willis. Didn't try and be a moron by beating up the man in the bar, actually put some tension in the situation and actually makes me want to read a rematch... if one ends up existing.