TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Choken One

The One and Only Backlash 2004 Thread

Guest Your Olympic Hero
Y'know what would be hardcore? Mr. Socko + thumbtacks.

Eww

Randy Orton did an amazing job in that match. Between the thumbtacks, the fall through the table, and just his facial gestures and actions throughout the course of the match, he really did do a great job. He showed he could take some gruesome bumps when he needs to, he could sell his opponent properly, and most importantly, he could have an above-average match.

**** for one of the best hardcore matches I've ever seen in WWE.

Guest FrigidSoul

"He drinks beer while on the job

He beats up his boss

And due to his greed...he no longer works here anymore"

Randy Orton did an amazing job in that match. Between the thumbtacks, the fall through the table, and just his facial gestures and actions throughout the course of the match, he really did do a great job. He showed he could take some gruesome bumps when he needs to, he could sell his opponent properly, and most importantly, he could have an above-average match.

And they did it all without some silly, over the top, life threatening bump.

I concur, amen.

Guest Jimbo

Oh c'mon, the bumps were nice, and now you can respect Orton as a tough SOB, but it wasn't a **** star match, and it wasn't even the best hardcore match of Foley's WWE career by far.

One question though...

Where will Orton go from here?

It looked like they set the seeds for a Triple H/Randy Orton feud down the road. Triple H telling Orton he's now a legend is going to inflate his ego so much that he wants to take down a fellow legend. That being HHH.

But from here....Shelton Benjamin. To defend the honor of Evolution.

Meltzer:

"Mick Foley vs. Randy Orton is next. They are really pushing this will be a bloodbath match filled with weapons the likes of which WWE really doesn't do. This was the best brawl WWE has put on in many years. They both were bloodied by barbed wire baseball bat shots. If they were grooming Orton for the top, and they are, like with HHH, this is a match we'll remember as a turning point. Orton took a bump into thumb tacks and had thumb tacks in his back and arms the rest of the match. The idea was to make people think Orton has main event toughness. Tons of great near falls. Finish of the match saw Orton get out of the socko claw with a low blow. A second socko claw was broken by an RKO. The finish was an RKO on a barbed wire bat and Orton got the pin. Story was HHH said at the end that Orton went from being a legend killer to a legend."

Guest FrigidSoul
One question though...

Where will Orton go from here?

Most likely he'll sit through the rest of the show before going back to the hotel.

Weird, as Lawler predicted the faces would win and JR was making fun of their superhero outfits a bit.

If it's the start of getting them out of this stupid gimmick, I'm all for it.

Guest wrestlingbs

Foley is a legend. Foley's the reason I started watching wrestling.

I never thought I'd say this.

But Fuck Orton and Foley.

I can understand putting Orton over. I can understand making him look good. But dammit, that was a joke. Orton shouldn't have made it past falling off the stage. And by going through that and more, it doesn't make Orton look good, it makes Foley look like a fool. Foley, as usual, gave too mcuh for a guy who deserved less. The last time he did that, he made a star, and that star was HHH. We don't need another HHH.

Since Foley keeps making himself look like an imbecile, I'm starting to think he is one. Don't be confused, it was a good match. ****. But damn if I'm not not tired of both guys...

Guest Your Olympic Hero

Eugene and the Hurricane together will make for good comedy.

Guest Your Olympic Hero

How did that match end?? Couldn't tell at all from the PBP.

Guest wrestlingbs

RKO on barbie.

Maybe I'm being too hard on Foley. I mean, I guess he's just trying to do the right thing.

Still hate Orton though.

Edit: Opps, I thought you meant Orton-Foley.

I think Hurricane hit his finisher on Conway for the win.

But basically everyone was watching Eugene and didn't notice