TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE figure images

I got a collection of ECW figures and for the hell of it, I bought the one and only Justin Credible figure WWE produced. I have it thumbtacked to my wall under the ECW verison and I was looking at the two and realized that the WWE verison looked extremely crappy and made Credible look tall and ripped while the ECW version showed that gut he has or had. Then I looked up at my RVD figures and looked at the two WWE verisons I have then looked at my four ECW versions that I have and realized that the WWE verisons look like crap too. Why the hell do the WWE figures look so badly when they have all this technology crap that is suppose to make them look like the real person? Does anyone else see this?

I think headwise they've looked sharp since that's where the technology goes. They just use the same bodycast for most of the wrestlers, so you get ripped Regal, ripped Flair, and ripped Big Show with all three standing at the same height. Jakks probably figures it's not cost efficient to spend time to make a base model of Flair's sagging body and Big Show's larger frame.

The more recent figures of Big Show, Ric Flair etc have the realistic bodies. Theres a special series now that has realistic scanned bodies.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I was going around some stores in my local mall, and was shocked how awful some are. A Jericho looked like HHH, and every HHH looks like Test. (vomits)

In the current style there are three different torsos. The arm sets on all the figures as well as the legs are incredible bulky, so the torso doesn't create much of a difference in the overall look. There is supposed to be a cruiserweight type torso (used on current figures like the latest Jericho and Christian 2 pack and all Benoit shirtless figures), a middleground torso, All Orton and Rock figures, and a Heavyweight (Lesnar, shirtless Kane). Problem is they pick the wrong people to have the smallest torso and give thin guys (Orton) the bigger ones. He and Batista's figures have the SAME torso.

There is a new line that just hit stores and it features the most Gawd-awful looking Spike Dudley figure. If you've seen it, you know what I mean.

In the current style there are three different torsos. The arm sets on all the figures as well as the legs are incredible bulky, so the torso doesn't create much of a difference in the overall look. There is supposed to be a cruiserweight type torso (used on current figures like the latest Jericho and Christian 2 pack and all Benoit shirtless figures), a middleground torso, All Orton and Rock figures, and a Heavyweight (Lesnar, shirtless Kane). Problem is they pick the wrong people to have the smallest torso and give thin guys (Orton) the bigger ones. He and Batista's figures have the SAME torso.

I just picked up the Hurricane/Rosie 2 pack.

Hurricane has the Brock upper bod :angry:

They supposedly are starting to realistically proportion the figures, but outside of a slightly pudgy Ric Flair in t-shirt figure, I have yet to see it.

Guest Banders Kennany

I think maybe they think that if they give guys guts and flabby tits it may take away from the superheroic "larger than life" mystique wrestler have with little boys.

If you guys can, take a look at the George "The Animal" Steele figure just produced for Collector's Series 2. The hair on the upper body is threaded and it should restore some faith in Jakks. Excellent representation.

If you guys can, take a look at the George "The Animal" Steele figure just produced for Collector's Series 2. The hair on the upper body is threaded and it should restore some faith in Jakks. Excellent representation.

I saw the Steele figure, and it rocks. The Sgt. Slaughter from that set looks too buff though.

If you guys can, take a look at the George "The Animal" Steele figure just produced for Collector's Series 2.  The hair on the upper body is threaded and it should restore some faith in Jakks.  Excellent representation.

I saw the Steele figure, and it rocks. The Sgt. Slaughter from that set looks too buff though.

I'd like to own that Slaughter figure. Don't know why, never been a big fan of him... just think he looks cool.