TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lemmycake

Hello Good Sirs!

I just think gimmick posters are a complete waste of time. Sure, some of them are humorous (ABOBO for one), but for every good one, there are 20 really crappy ones (Spoiler, the one who spelled everything backwards, Lemmycake, This Thread is Ghey), and they just clutter up the board. Notice how the number of members dropped by almost half after FS cleared out the dead weight? I'm willing to bet half of the accounts deleted were gimmick accounts with maybe 10-20 posts.

I prefer people that bring things to the table other than a joke that gets old in two days.

Because you create a gimmick account and it's left to roam free, then you get bored with it. It lies dormant, then you decide to create another gimmick account. You get bored with it, it lies dormant, then you decide to create another one. Before you know it, we have 3000 members again.

Great explanation to the peanut gallery.

Guest Dids

Wait a minute. Nobody can diss "This thread is ghey". I assumed that was the poster voice of God himself.

Guest Banders Kennany

But do additional accounts hurt the board in any way? I think they may contribute to what Dames must pay for us to have this board, but I'm not at all sure. There can be limits to gimmick posters. Like ones that people love are allowed to stay and ones that are just all right are deleted if they don't post for a certain number of days (which should indicate the mastermind of it is bored with). Also, if people comply and alert a moderator when their gimmick poster has run its course so the moderator can delete it, then we will cut down on "extras".

Lemmycake was godawful. no one with any taste could have liked him.

Oh shut up.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Most gimmick posters do get a grace period to be amusing. When they're just spouting off a pop culture reference, or being a poor man's Lukester, there's no reason to let them stink up bandwidth.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I agree with that but how can we tell who's good or not just by an hour or so?

Some gimmicks take time to mature and ripen.

Of course, the good thing about ABOBO is that he only pops up about twice a month, so the joke doesn't get old.

Guest Banders Kennany

We should give all gimmick posters a little while to post and get into their groove. If they don't post too often, then we can cut them slack. If they post a lot then we can put it to a vote to see if they stay. If everyone hates them, I suppose it would be a fair move to ban the account.