TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zack Malibu

The Sims

I saw this last night at Target marked down to $16.99 for both GC and PS2. It looks like it could be fun (I've never played any of the Sims games) but I just wanted to know who has it, does it get boring fast, is it worth it, etc. Thanks for any input.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I've rented a few of the newer versions on PlayStation 2. One of them (maybe original or not) you have to start from scratch by getting house, getting a job, buying stuff, staying healthy, using the bathroom etc. etc. Since I'm a very impatient person, I can't get into it because it seems like it requires a lot of time to play and devote to.

I'm sure others like it, but if your gonna go "hurry the fuck up already" after 5 minutes, I'd recommend not getting it.

I've never been a big fan of the Sims. I just find the games to be incredibly tedious. For me, the best part of playing the games is entering the Money Code over and over, trying to build the best house possible. But after that point.....eh. It's interesting for the first few minutes but, personally, I find it to get old incredibly fast. I've played the Sims for PS2 and, while the premise of getting jobs, promotions, and moving into different houses is entertaining for a little while, the events eventually run into each other and it starts to feel like you're playing for nothing.

Some people are passionate about the Sims and truly feel that they are among the best games on the market. I'm not one of those people.

Overall, the game gets boring fast. But if you're determined to own a copy, go for a PC version. The console ones suck.

Let me just say this: NO ONE takes that long to eat or get ready in the morning.

The game is flawed because if your sim holds down a job, s/he can do little else. There always has to be a housewife/husband so they can clean house and get "connections"

And did they ever put weekends into that game? I guess it would make it "too easy"

The general game gets tedious so quickly. Maybe it's just me, but I find the idea of telling someone to go to the toilet really boring. Not to mention the fact you have to pay total attention to the game...you get up to grab a beer, and suddenly five of the Sim's bars are down to red.

However, if it's like the GBA version which I think is Bustin' Out, it's bearable if only for the fact you're doing 'missions' rather than standing around cooking dinner constantly.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

speaking of toilet usage, I just let the old hag my character lived with to piss on the floor over and over, with flies surrounding it. Then I had her pass out and sleep on it.

Yes, that was the only entertaining thing I did.

I have The Sims: Bustin' Out for PlayStation 2 and eventhough the game has goals to complete and such after a few days of playing it the game gets repeative. It also doesn't help if your character hasn't slept for 2 days when he goes to cook dinner and while cooking the kitchen catches on fire and he decides that this is the right time to fall asleep on the kitchen floor.

Needless to say after that incident the game wasn't played much anymore.

I have The Sims: Bustin' Out for PlayStation 2 and eventhough the game has goals to complete and such after a few days of playing it the game gets repeative. It also doesn't help if your character hasn't slept for 2 days when he goes to cook dinner and while cooking the kitchen catches on fire and he decides that this is the right time to fall asleep on the kitchen floor.

Needless to say after that incident the game wasn't played much anymore.

I can go you one better, i had the whole kitchen on fire, THREE housemates.

What do they do? I direct them to put it out, their 'fun' level isn't up enough, so they dont fancy it.

What do they do?

They all go for a jacuzzi.