TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Spiderman 2 to be advertised on bases, rubber

One of the dumbest ideas ever. As if people aren't going to see it already.

Anyway, the new Batman movie will be better than Spider-Man 2.

Guest Anglesault
Yanks are only going to allow this bullshit during batting practice, and only during one game. Source article right hmya.

Thank fucking God.

And are the Yankees home or away that weekend? Because how bad will AS freak out if his beloved Yankee Stadium is tarnished by this??

They're fucking home. So we can face the Padres of all teams.

Impeach Selig.

How has Selig been bad for a Yankee fan?

Is this computer generated like the ads behind home plate?

I hate the chromakey ad space they have to put up at Wrigley Field for Fox games and only Fox games. At least WGN Sports doesn't whore themselves out that much, putting ad space on their own park.

Guest Anglesault

And are the Yankees home or away that weekend? Because how bad will AS freak out if his beloved Yankee Stadium is tarnished by this??

They're fucking home. So we can face the Padres of all teams.

Impeach Selig.

How has Selig been bad for a Yankee fan?

Selig doesn't like the Yankees.

He's in John Henry's pocket. Henry freely admits to it.

Good. I was worried that when they made the Cingular call to the bullpen to bring in the Rolaids relief pitcher while showing a replay of the Citizens Bank play of the game we might barely stumble upon the Spidey adds in the corner of the screen.

Guest FrigidSoul

Apparently they're going to have custom made Spiderman II things for the On deck circles now instead.

Guest Anglesault
Woo! Baseball: 1. Selig: 0.

Hate to tell you, but that game is

Selig: 25 Baseball: 1

Guest OctoberBlood
Woo! Baseball: 1. Selig: 0.

Hate to tell you, but that game is

Selig: 25 Baseball: 1

Innnnnnn the yeeeeeeaar 2004.... [/connan]

Guest Goodear

Well I sure am glad we managed to save the soul of the game that actually sold its soul a long, long time ago. Too bad, I think presidential candidates could have run on this oh so important issue of 6" x 6" red squares on basepads. Thank god the game of baserball with its steroid trials, corked bats, and pine tar is now clean. Thank god St. George has managed to keep the spirit of baseball alive and passing on that huge $100,000 payday that might have paid A-Rod's salary for a about an hour and a half. Thank goodness, we will now be able to sit in our homes, watching games (between commercials) with ads on the walls, replays brought to you by the Power of Cheese, with a cartoon baseball talking to us, on the Sportscenter Hotseat... without those DEADLY red squares.

Thank you lord. Thank you.

Guest Redhawk

All Selig said was that they'll pull the ads off of bases. Who knows what else they will do for the Spidey ad camapign...

"Now pinch-hitting for the Brewers......Tobey McGuire, star of Spider-Man 2, which opens in theaters this weekend!"

Kirsten Dunst singing at Wrigley Field.

I'm sure FOX will have some kind of Spider-Man sound effects to replace their usual stupid sound effects.

Ads on top of dugouts.

Well I sure am glad we managed to save the soul of the game that actually sold its soul a long, long time ago. Too bad, I think presidential candidates could have run on this oh so important issue of 6" x 6" red squares on basepads. Thank god the game of baserball with its steroid trials, corked bats, and pine tar is now clean. Thank god St. George has managed to keep the spirit of baseball alive and passing on that huge $100,000 payday that might have paid A-Rod's salary for a about an hour and a half. Thank goodness, we will now be able to sit in our homes, watching games (between commercials) with ads on the walls, replays brought to you by the Power of Cheese, with a cartoon baseball talking to us, on the Sportscenter Hotseat... without those DEADLY red squares.

Thank you lord. Thank you.

The point seems to be that since baseball has sold out before, what difference does this make? I think it has to stop somewhere. The fans have obviously decided where the line stands, and they've made a statement. Ads are inevitable, but they should not sit on the field of play. I'd rather not see the ads even on the on-deck circle.

I just fail to see the difference between the bases and the ads that are on the outfield walls and behind homeplate. I think it is silly to say that the ads on the bases are so absurd, while the much bigger ads in the field of play still exist.