TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

One And Only TNA 5/19 Thread

Guest WordLife

NEW NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

Ron "The Truth" Killings

The truth pinned Styles, THE TRUTH IS YOUR NEW CHAMP!!!!! via a top rope Axe kick. Wow!!!!! (jarret was involved)

Guest Donners

WTF? I did not see that one coming at all. The crowd has been right behind him lately, but...DAMN!

It got me off Guard too, I wasnt expecting it at all, I mean I knew Jarret would be Involved but damn...

Guest Donners

Unless Jarrett wins it back on the show before Impact, that's a potentially great move. They're at least taking a bit of a chance with this move, which is what the whole TV deal is all about.

Truth winning the NWA title tonight was a shocker, to say the least. I thought I read that TNA would have Styles as the Champion leading into the FSN deal in June, but I guess not.

Probably thats what they are setting up to, im just glad to see Ron as the champ he is so missused (SP) in TNA

Lucha is basically a swinging inverted ddt or something close to it.

Lucha is basically a swinging inverted ddt or something close to it.

Weird. Don't thing I've ever seen him do it before. So, it's like the Swinging Noose, only not off of the ropes?

it is off the ropes, forgot to mention that sorry.

hey i got a question im watching the replay, was Goldy naked when they where recapping at the begining of the show, i could swear i saw nipple...

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I definitely will order the replay to see Killings win. The guy has been misused for TWO YEARS almost, and finally giving him a chance to shine again is great.

Plus the fact he is the most over man on the roster.

Guest BrokenWings
Sounds like it may be his tornado flatliner (like a flying version of Kazarian's Wave of the Future) then.

That's exactly what it is.

I thought the show tonight was good. I enjoyed Dutt/Red, Rude/Lynn and the main event. I really liked the concept for the main event as well.

I too, was disappointed in Japan/Mexico, partially because I detest Nosawa and Negro. They didn't gel well at all, hopefully Japan has a better outing next week.

I could have done without the Goldy rant, as well as Young/D Ray. Would have added those ten minutes onto the aforementioned good matches.

I was really glad to see Killings win, and was somewhat surprised. I thought for sure that when Russo came out at the end, he was going to reverse the decision, and Konnan would kick his ass, thus getting him fired. When it was announced it would stand, I marked. It's about time they realise what they've got in him.

Hopefully this sets up a Styles/Killings feud. I really, really don't want to see Jarrett in the main event scene, but obviously it's coming.

I also enjoyed the show tonight.

Red-Dutt was quite good and almost worth the ten bucks by itself.

Lynn-Rude was also quite good, although I thought D'Amore got too much offense in during the extra five minutes. I mean, yes, he should have gotten some offense early since Lynn had just wrestled an 8-10 minute match, but damn, it was like Lynn got two moves in before the mass run-in from Team Canada.

I like the concept of the main event, and get rid of Jarrett's interference (which was blatantly foreshadowed when Russo went through the list of name) and that was quite good as well.

Outside of Young-D Ray, which was about twice as long as it should have been, it was quite a good show.

Tonights show was great live. The X cup matches they taped for next week once again were great. The whole place went nuts for The Truth winning but crazier when Dusty was wrestling.

After the show went off the air they were preparing for the gauntlet match but Jeff Jarrett came back out (wearing another shirt) demanding confirmation he would get his rematch in 2 weeks. The kliq formerly known as the heel section's area was going crazy with the 'Truth' chants which pissed him off. He demanded Tenay come in and get the story. Then he called out Russo. They argued and finally Russo said he would get his rematch along with Raven, AJ, and Chris Harris in a 'King of the Mountain' match. 5 men would be in the ring and if one man is pinned, they would go to the 'penalty box' for two minutes. AFter two minutes, whoever gets pinned is allowed to grab a ladder, and the title belt and try to hang the title up to become King of the mountain. Check nwatna.com if this is confusing for you. The fans didn't quite get it either.

Great show with a great finish.

Guest Donners

That certainly sounds...different. Will be interesting to see it in operation.

I can certainly see Jarrett winning it in a fortnight, since they'd want to go with a recognisable wrestler as the champ for the TV deal (not to mention one they can rely on to stay with the company), but it's hard to see the point of giving Killings the strap for only two weeks. Nonetheless, it's far too early to start rushing for potential negatives - this sounds like a good show.

Will there be a "regular" match in addition to the World X Cup next week? I know the last few X Cups featured a ME involving regulars, like the tag titles, the big ICP match and so forth. Perhaps Red/Kazarian?

Guest Jesse
Will there be a "regular" match in addition to the World X Cup next week? I know the last few X Cups featured a ME involving regulars, like the tag titles, the big ICP match and so forth. Perhaps Red/Kazarian?

Only X Cup matches have been taped for next week, unless I missed something.

Well...as a huge Truth fan I'm very excited over the move. I know it won't last long...but it was a pleasent surprise.

Funny, I thought you'd hate this title switch as all signs point towards them using Killings as a two week champ so he can job the belt back to JJ.

Guest Dynamite Kido

You know, I have no problem at all with "The Truth" beating AJ for the NWA Title. But honestly, would it have killed them to build up to this? That's the thing that makes them look "bush league" to me, the fact that they look like they don't know how to draw money at all.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I think they're trying to go for a anyone can win the belt at any time kind of vibe with the last 2 changes.

You know, I have no problem at all with "The Truth" beating AJ for the NWA Title. But honestly, would it have killed them to build up to this?

I think their impending television debut has forced their hand a little bit - really they should have left the belt on JJ if they planned to leave it on AJ for, at best, a month.

We had the ridiculous situation of AJ blowing through three months worth of challengers over the course of three weeks as a result, with the Truth now being handed a lame duck title run when he's one of the most over guys on the roster.

I've said it before and I'll say it again......there is always replays all week long if people are either pissed they missed this, or still want to see it. So its different than just a usual weekly TV show, which can be a disadvantage since if people hear the show sucked, they wont get the replay, but if something happens, replays can generate more revenue. The whole "it should have been built up better" thing has nothing to do with thir ability to be able to draw money or not. Who's to say if they built this match up for 3-4 weeks, that it would have drew anymore interest? All of these guys have already been feuding for many weeks now over the title. What else is there to build?

I think the reality of TNA currently is that they are catering only to the hardcores who get these shows each and every week...so additionally, there really doesnt need to be long drawn out builds to a particular match, or at least they dont have to announce it x weeks in advance. These people are going to order these shows anyway, especially since they really havent dropped the ball too much on this small group who are all vying for the belt. To keep it going, you can't just all of a sudden stop doing these title matches for x number of weeks if you want to keep the momentum going right now going into the FSN deal.

There is a point here as well that they are trying for the unpredictability factor more (I'm sure this is Russo's influence) in that the world title picture is so full of contenders (It's unfortunate Abyss has been lost in the shuffle by the way) that all bets are off who's the champ the next week.

Sure, they could have built all of the world title matches lately up more long term, but that would taken the steam out the main event scene currently. I can't even imagine what some of the main events would have been otherwise. It's making each show more important in theory this way leading up to June with the world title being the main focus clearly (as it should be). It will be interesting to see how they transition after the FSN show starts.

------

Shit, I havent even commented on the show yet.

One of the better shows TNA has done in months, IMO. Everything just seemed to gel alot better than usual, not a whole hell of a lot of dead spots in the night, and I havent seen this in a long time....the crowd seemed into the action all night long.

Opener was pretty good....they need to use Lynn more on the ppv matches (hopefully in a hot singles program post-X cup with someone) as he can usually pull a decent match out of anyone. Overall I thought the post match was very well written too, as Lynn still got some revenge but not the whole thing...good lead-in to next weeks show.

David Young and whoever that was....all it seems is that it will lead to a face turn for Young and some push. Whatever works I guess....at least they've been drawing this out.

Six man tag was ok, nothing to call home about though. Mexico is WAY over with the fans. The All Japan team sure didnt impress the hell out of me, but still interested to see how they work next week.

Dutt/Red was very good, best of the three, rightfully so. Kazarian/Red is a match that was decent enough a few months ago when they did it, so a rematch should be solid.

This Goldilocks-Watts-Abyss stuff is just not good or interesting, hopefully they end it before the FSN show starts. I'll admit though that Watts (for some reason) is over with the crowd. I'm starting to not mind the NYC-Pat Kenny stuff though, and intertwining that with whatever is up with Desire/Siaki also.

Rhodes/Storm v. Kash/Dallas....another match with good heat. Nothing that made me go WOW but it was good enough for what it was.

Main event was all kinds of good to me. Havent seen a TNA main event gone 20 minutes for awhile, so that was a good thing. I liked this concept of the match in that it built up very nice to the finish. Styles had to get finished by everyone plus a Jarrett guitarshot to lose, so they were certainly protecting him. The near finishes at the end were well done and for once, no real ref bump. I marked out when Killings won as I dont think anyone saw that coming at all. Will Jarrett win in two weeks? I hope not but I fear thats the case. They gotta be careful not to switch the belt too much though.....so with that said, it would be best to see Killings keep the title instead of anything with Jarrett for more reasons than one. Killings turning heel and feuding with Styles would be a top notch feud on top for the world title IMO. Another interesting point is that they had blood on ppv for the first time on TNA in awhile with Styles juicing. Cool.

TNA NEEDED to put on a show last night that really made the 2 hours truly solid. Although alot of the shows lately had been good enough, there always was something that was missing, kind of a defined spark to the crowd and the workrate. Everyone for the most part worked real hard to put together a super show tonight from the writers to the wrestlers. Could have come at a perfect time. Next week should be good, and if they can get a kick ass show right before the FSN debut, they will have tremendous momentum going into the new show.

I know he's going to be doing the job ASAP to JJ...but I'd really rather he do it than Styles.

A year ago he was jobbing to David Flair...and 6 months ago he wasn't even on the show...

But he's still over.

Losing to Jarrett isn't going to affect that...and Styles shouldn't be laying down for JJ again anyway.

I look at this as a way of further elevating the Truth to a believable top contender.

I'd rather JJ not get the belt at all. I still stand by my word that I'll stop ordering if/when Jarrett wins the belt back, and I hope others join me.

Guest The Last Free Voice

Great show. Next week should be good as well. By the by, did we get any spoilers for the tapings that happened before the show went on the air???