TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

RAW MAGAZINE JUNE 04

Ok, it has Edge on the cover and has articles on him benoit going home to edmonton, a wm xx poster (to complete the set of them-damn I missed a few), victoria article, part 2 of the story of historys greatest wrestling stables, an article on Jon Heidenreich for some reason, and Backlash results. and also ads for bad blood(featuring Edge?) and great american bash(Featuring Torrie with an Uncle Sam outfit on). Well I'm off to read it, I'll check back in later with more details and my thoughts.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Is it me, or does Torrie look AWFUL in that picture? She looks like she aged 25 years, or became Sable.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Whats the picture on the WMXX poster?

Side 1:

Top Half: Eddie Guerrero in frog splash motion onto Angle.

Bottom Half: Chris Benoit diving headbutt onto Michaels

Side 2: (this side has the name of event, place and date)

Top Half: Undertaker entrance

Bottom Half: Kane entrance

Torrie indeed looks old and different in that pic. ah who cares, shes married to kidman now anyways lol. and also an edit, it's not a victoria article it's just some horrible looking pics of her on a motorcycle and junk. the best part is the informer section, where for this month only, his non-union mexican equilvalent (thanks to the simpsons episode a star is burns) El Informero takes over lmao. Well the Benoit article is good, and the stables is ok, if not too short. Also an interesting fantasy warfare of HBK vs Harley Race. Not too bad this month I call it a 7/10. The WMXX poster is pretty cool looking.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

It's only a buck and change with a subscription per month. Once in a while it has something good...but 90% of it is crap.

Guest Anglesault
Whats the picture on the WMXX poster?

Side 1:

Top Half: Eddie Guerrero in frog splash motion onto Angle.

Bottom Half: Chris Benoit diving headbutt onto Michaels

Side 2: (this side has the name of event, place and date)

Top Half: Undertaker entrance

Bottom Half: Kane entrance

Ya know, I could have sworn that there was a fourth match built up as an ME match...

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
The FIRST EVER PLAYBOY TAG TEAM BRA AND PANTIES MATCH of course.

Who was in that? I remember Torrie, Stacy, and JAckie. The fourth name escapes me...

The FIRST EVER PLAYBOY TAG TEAM BRA AND PANTIES MATCH of course.

Who was in that? I remember Torrie, Stacy, and JAckie. The fourth name escapes me...

Heh...it's a Playboy match. How could you forget Sable! lol

And wasn't the fourth ME Rock/Foley Vs Evo probaly...

Guest Anglesault
And wasn't the fourth ME Rock/Foley Vs Evo probaly...

Lesnar/FGB w/Austin.

You actually gave a legitimate type answer, as opposed to the other two, so I wasn't sure if you were sarcastic.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I'm pretty sure WWE wants to forget Goldberg even exists, and the whole MSG crowd just shitting all over him and Brock. For example, on the DVD they edit pretty much every negative chant as possible.

I wouldn't call the RnS vs. Evolution match a WM main event. Evolution had mid-carders (yes, Flair is a midcarder) vs. two semi-(and in Foley's case, fully) retired wrestlers.

Guest Anglesault

It was a match that had a combined (almost) thirty world title reigns in it, and it was closing out the last Raw and getting gratuitous TV time.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I can't help how WWE hypes things. They hyped crap lke the fucking divas tag match more than the mens tag team title matches, so the more they hype means nothing usually.

Is it me, or does Torrie look AWFUL in that picture? She looks like she aged 25 years, or became Sable.

Succubus, remember? Succubus.

Why the hell did they do an interview with Heidenreich?!

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

Succubus, remember? Succubus.

Why the hell did they do an interview with Heidenreich?!

Because they need to at least attempt to get him over.

And sometimes it's interesting to see what some of the lesser-known guys have to say.

Guest Duncan Eternia
Ummm, don't they still write in kayfabe?

Yeah they do....I miss the old way Raw magazine used to be. Most of that was some good reading and great pictures.

Guest jm29195
Yeah they do....I miss the old way Raw magazine used to be. Most of that was some good reading and great pictures

I still found it readable right up until they changed the logo and reimaged the wwe mag as 'smackdown'- now it's the same crap as the other one, but I used to love the semi shoot interviews in the Raw magazine such as the Heyman and Bischoff ones when they first joined.....

wow I didnt think my crappy thread would get this much response. I was just bored and had nothing to write about and then it came in the mail. and I wanted to start my own thread.

yea it (raw mag) sucks now, wish I had subscribed back when it was semi-shoot. I have been subscribing to wwf/wwe/sd mag since early 92 so its been a collecters habit i guess. then they had to go and split the mags. So i went and subscribed to raw too . anyways I just collect them for the pictures, and ppv results and posters and junk. wrestling magazines are so out of touch these days as the internet gets you news right away, not 2 months later. and wwe mags are mostly crap, but still fun to have in my collection. (as a sad side note, my mags from 1991-1994 were recently ruined by a flood in a NY storagehouse, damn it, I knew I should've sent for them sooner-I also had old wcw and pwis and all kinds of them)

and when did I become a rambling madman?