TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

OAO Thread: The Eddie Guerrero Story

Press Release Credit: WWE.com

Eddie Guerrero is an inspiration to millions of WWE fans, not only because of his charisma and in-ring ability, but also because he’s faced his demons and been able to rise above them. Eddie will be profiled in “Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story,” a one-hour UPN special on Wednesday night, May 26, beginning at 9/8 CT.

In one of the most-inspiring stories in the history of sports or entertainment, Eddie Guerrero not only regained his life, but also surpassed even his wildest dreams. Sober for nearly three years now, he has reconciled with his wife, reclaimed his job and won the WWE Championship.

“Cheating Death, Stealing Life” will chronicle, in depth, Eddie’s amazing childhood, his struggles with addiction, and his miraculous recovery. “Cheating & Stealing” will have all-exclusive footage, including never-before-seen home movies of Eddie’s family dating back to 1940s and ‘50s, and the emotional backstage footage of Eddie winning the WWE Championship for the first time. You’ll meet his wife, two daughters and mom. And Eddie himself will take you on a tour of his hometown in his favorite low rider.

Mark your calendars for this must-see special! “Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story” premieres on UPN on Wednesday, May 26 at 9 p.m./8 CT!

91.jpg

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Eh....I'll wait for the DVD with tons of extras like the Stone Cold Truth.

Guest OctoberBlood

Wonder if they'll show it on WB here like they do Smackdown? I doubt it. :(

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

HOL-EEE SHIT. Eddy Guerrero was the MAN during his crusierweight days.

Guest El Satanico

I watched WCw during most of Eddie's time there, but I didn't see that Rey match. I must see that match.

It's one of the best cruiserweight matches ever, worldwide. Was rated WCW's match of the year for '97. It's on the Rey Mysterio DVD that was released awhile back. Definitely a must see.

Guest El Satanico

He would've ended up getting fired with or without Beniot, Malenko and Saturn going to JR.

Wow...Perry, Chris, and Dean were the ones that kind of got Eddie fired in 2001.

Which ended up saving his life cause it finally gave him a wake up call to get sober and straight.

Eddie should send them Thank You cards on his birthday.

Well, I think they were the ones who led to Eddie's rehab stint that started in May 2001.

The DUI in Nov. 2001 was the last straw.

Man does anyone have a Best of Eddie/Art Barr comp, I need to see those two in action.

After seeing that, I have even more respect (if that's possible) for who Eddie Guerrero is, and what he's gone through to be champ.

Guest El Satanico

No the shirt is part of JR's new gimmick. He will now be acting like Mark Madden and I can't wait.

Good show, I'm hoping it will be an extra on Eddie's DVD disc like the Mania special was for the WM XX one.

I hope they do a Chris Benoit life story and Eddie should write a book soon.

Guest El Satanico

A Beniot special like this wouldn't be nearly as interesting, since he hasn't went through as much in his personal life as Eddie has. However, it could still be interesting wrestling wise.

The first 45 minutes of the special was just awesome. It seemed like they started rushing everything after they realized they only had about 10 minutes left after the overcoming drug addiction story and just didn't cover stuff they should have. They went right from Eddie getting back with his wife (after he was fired), straight to the Lie, Cheat, and Steal gimmick without even MENTIONING that he was rehired. It would be cool if there was footage cut and it ended up being like as long as Monday Night War, what in which was well over an hour.

Outside of that stuff, this was one of the best shows they have put together for a wrestler and it was really moving. It was really touching. I personally don't want the Rey/Eddie match from Halloween Havoc on it as an extra, though. It was already on the Rey DVD, and I have that, damnit. That's just more of a me thing, I guess :(.

It would be cool if there was footage cut and it ended up being like as long as Monday Night War, what in which was well over an hour.

I'm sure there was as they showed the cross at the end of the commercial, I'm assuming Eddie would have been talking about getting back on the right track by becoming a Born Again Christian.

Edit: If anybody wants a copy of tonight's special, just shoot me up with a PM.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I taped it last night (I was watching TNA's X-Cup) so I should watch it today after work, I have heard quite good things about it.

A Beniot special like this wouldn't be nearly as interesting, since he hasn't went through as much in his personal life as Eddie has.

Unless they interview Kevin Sullivan.