TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Make Sonic run...with a touchpad!

Taken from the magicbox

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0405/game052804g.shtml

Here are some new images of Sega's Sonic (E3 Demo) for Nintendo DS, in which you rub the bottom touch screen to make Sonic runs.

A two-part game that starts with a demo of Sonic. Players can tap the bottom screen to switch between different camera angles as Sonic zips through one of his vibrantly colored classic environments. In the second part of the game, users run their finger back and forth on the touch screen to make Sonic run faster and faster as he collects coins. Rubbing the top of the touch screen makes Sonic jump to get coins from up high.

Good Lord, that paragraph looks like it was written by a f***ing third grader.

I don't see why "make Sonic run" should be any more complicated than "hold d-pad/stick forward," or "make Sonic jump" should be any more complicated than "hit B" but this IS just a demo. The final game is probably going to be nothing like that.

Maybe we'll finally get Sonic Xtreme, though? *shot*

Good Lord, that paragraph looks like it was written by a f***ing third grader.

I don't see why "make Sonic run" should be any more complicated than "hold d-pad/stick forward," or "make Sonic jump" should be any more complicated than "hit B" but this IS just a demo.  The final game is probably going to be nothing like that. 

Maybe we'll finally get Sonic Xtreme, though?  *shot*

Nintendo is urging the use of the touchpad screen for games on the DS as a form of controlling characters and things, so it will probably be like that.

Wait I don't get it, do you just slide your finger around to make him run? There's no jumping or rolling in this one?

Wait I don't get it, do you just slide your finger around to make him run? There's no jumping or rolling in this one?

Rubbing the top of the touch screen makes Sonic jump to get coins from up high.

Hardly intuitive, but this means you'd have to hold the system with one hand, use one finger to make him run and another finger or your thumb to make him jump. Yech.

I'd imagine to roll you'd hit the bottom of the touch screen, to spin dash you'd...uh...hold the bottom and rub the top of the touch screen.

I've seen this game in motion. Lame-o.

Some guy ran the pen back and forth over a screen which made it turn from blue to purple to green to yellow then red and so on as Sonic ran faster down a trail. You couldn't make him turn or jump or otherwise seperate him from his rail, just control the speed he's running at.

Guest Razor Roman

Maybe the whole Dual Screen - Touch Screen concept is to try to put a crimp in piracy/emulation?

I was looking at the screenshots and I have to ask:

Which system (PSP or DS) is the most powerfull. Graphically it looks extremely nice.

::Wonders how portable games will look like in 10 years::