TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

TNA officially adopts 6-sided ring full time

Should be interesting to see some of the heavyweights work in it other than Abyss and AMW.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I think it was the right move to make. As more people discover TNA on FSN they'll except the six sided ring all the time. Better to not disappoint new fans.

Guest TDinDC1112

They need to be different, and this is a way to be different.

http://nwatna.com/news/2004/6/7/news.html

The rumor of it was presented in another thread...but now it's official.

I know people were kind of split on whether they should use it all the time or not...but I wanted to see them do it...so I'm happy.

Me too. I think this is a great move on TNA's part.

I think it was the right move to make. As more people discover TNA on FSN they'll except the six sided ring all the time. Better to not disappoint new fans.

Agreed again. The worst thing that could happen was for new fans who liked the ring to buy the PPV and be disappointed.

Guest sean pyro

Is there a reason their still doing shows in the Asylum?

I mean, you guys think people would have been disappointed if they didn't see the six sided ring, how do you think their going to feel when they see a run down arena with a dead crowd?

AJ vs Kazarian in the 6 sided ring definitely has potential to be great, but then again it had that potential in the 4 sided.

Certainly an interesting decision. I think they should keep it 6 sided for the PPVs and eventually change back to the 4 sider for TV, but this might work out.

They're reportedly thinking about moving, and not before time...

If they move, I don't think they should do the pay per views at Universal either b/c they'll burn out the crowd there too. I think they should either find a nicer arena in Tennessee or move to another area of Florida.

If they move to Orlando then all the people will get in for free and they won't get the 100 dollars they get from the people paying in Nashville everyweek!

Anyway, good move with the ring. They wanna be different, be different in all aspects, not just on Friday mornings.

I think its a good move since most of the U.S. is unfamilar with the 6 sided ring. It will draw fans just to see what wrestling is like in a 6 sided ring and if the wrestling is good, they'll come back to see the good wrestling.

Wrestling naked would be different too, it doesn't make it a good idea. Someday this is going to be one huge, hilarious chapter in a wrestlecrap book.

Wrestling naked would be different too, it doesn't make it a good idea. Someday this is going to be one huge, hilarious chapter in a wrestlecrap book.

Right next to the Rob Feinstein chapter right? :rolleyes:

Right next to the Rob Feinstein chapter right?

Not sure if Feinstein would really be material for wrestlecrap, since it's supposed to be about incredibly stupid stuff that happens on-air. Maybe Low Ki popping "E" during a match from ROH will be in there one day, but this is just a lock ;)

seems like a good idea to make this permanent, since its unique and its never been seen in the US before. it'll definitely get people's attention, and the X Division matches will benefit from it.

any wrestler worth a damn will be able to adapt to a six-sided ring. if they can't, they really shouldn't be in the ring anyway. TNA should keep the 4-sided rings handy, though. a traditional match with four corners would still be nice to see every once in awhile. people will get easily burnt out on the hexagoned circle if its used nonstop. i can see it now. a match with a 4-sided ring will be as novel as a cage match or strap match. :P

seems like a good idea to make this permanent, since its unique and its never been seen in the US before. it'll definitely get people's attention, and the X Division matches will benefit from it.

any wrestler worth a damn will be able to adapt to a six-sided ring. if they can't, they really shouldn't be in the ring anyway. TNA should keep the 4-sided rings handy, though. a traditional match with four corners would still be nice to see every once in awhile. people will get easily burnt out on the hexagoned circle if its used nonstop. i can see it now. a match with a 4-sided ring will be as novel as a cage match or strap match. :P

Guest Quik

How does this really change anything other than giving you 2 extra turnbuckles to jump off of, or a different angle to run the ropes? I don't see how it could improve any match other than making you say "Oh, look. There in a 6-sided ring."

From reading feedback for Impact...and just this thread here...it seems the large majority of people really liked the 6 sided ring...

To say that giving that large majority of people that not only watched your product...but took the time to respond...what they liked will end up in WrestleCrap is flat out the act of a bitter small person.

Since I'm a moderator I can't take it any further than that...but I will say that I held a higher opinion of the person making those comments before yesterday.

Guest Benno

I think its great news, it really gives tna more of thier own identity and if theyre really pushing for the x division, this is a great way to do it..

its unforunate that its a physical impossibility for them to only use a 6 sided ring for x matches, and a normal ring for regular heavyweight matches, cos that would be really cool, but this is good too..

Guest INXS

This is a really, really silly idea. It's like playing football on a circular field or something. The rectangular or square ring is a staple element of pro wrestling. This six sided nonsense might be ok as a one off gimmick but for weekly use nope.

Guest OSIcon

The move to the six-sided ring doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I don't think it'll really help TNA many fans but I also don't think it'll hurt them.

If everyone worked well in the ring at the first show (like I have read), then it sounds like overall, it shouldn't have a negative effect on the matches. By the same token, I have yet to see a match inside a 6-sided ring (in either Toryumon or AAA) that has really made me say: "That match was made a lot better by taking place inside a 6-sided ring." Maybe it is just me, but I also don't think people will all of a sudden flock towards TNA just because of the RING they use.

The ring has gotten fine reviews from the first TNA shows but they all seem to be of the "they were able to work a normal match in it" nature. That is pretty much how I view the ring. It doesn't add a whole lot so I am pretty indifferent to it. Basically, I don't think it will make a difference either way. It won't help TNA in any significant way, but as long as everyone can look competent when wrestling in the ring (which we will have to see), then I don't see it having any large negative impact either.

They're reportedly thinking about moving, and not before time...

If they move, I don't think they should do the pay per views at Universal either b/c they'll burn out the crowd there too. I think they should either find a nicer arena in Tennessee or move to another area of Florida.

I hate to say it, but they need to go somewhere other than Tennessee. We're great wrestling fans here, but we're not very vocal. They need to go somewhere where the fans will get involved and vocalize what they think instead of sit quietly.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

It'll just make it more difficult for the heavyweights.

From reading feedback for Impact...and just this thread here...it seems the large majority of people really liked the 6 sided ring...

To say that giving that large majority of people that not only watched your product...but took the time to respond...what they liked will end up in WrestleCrap is flat out the act of a bitter small person.

Since I'm a moderator I can't take it any further than that...but I will say that I held a higher opinion of the person making those comments before yesterday.

Amen....if this isn't an example of the blind TNA hate that people always talk about, then I don't know what is.

No matter what move they make, they are going to be wrong in some eyes. For much of the beginning of their existence, people said they weren't doing anything but poorly imitating WWE, which is a point I can agree with because I have always believed to have any chance for success they have to differentiate themselves from WWE in any and every way possible, and IMHO, this is a good way for them to start doing that. As long as the matches don’t suddenly all start sucking, long time fans will get used to the hexagon ring (I was opposed to it myself when I first heard the rumors, but at the conclusion of the show, my first thought was I hope they used it on the PPVs too) and casual fans might take notice too.

I hate to say it, but they need to go somewhere other than Tennessee. We're great wrestling fans here, but we're not very vocal. They need to go somewhere where the fans will get involved and vocalize what they think instead of sit quietly.

I feel your pain. I'd love to suggest they come to Atlanta, but from the shows I've attended in my 13 years of living here (granted I haven't been to that many, just all the RAWs between 1999-2001 that were here and one Nitro in 1995), the crowds are usually just as dead they are in Nashville. :( The only time I've seen a live crowd here was the RAW were ECW was added to the invasion, but that was because they hot shotted a year's worth of angles during that one episode.

I've actually become quite the TNA mark lately, partly because of Impact.