TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alienworxshop

Most anticipated game of 2004

Guest Alienworxshop

Now with E3 over, what game are you most looking foward to in 2004? There are way too many, so i didn't make a poll.

I myself have a couple. Tony Hawk Underground 2, Smackdown v.s raw, MGS3, and NFS Underground 2 go into my most wanted list. What do you think?

Guest Askewniverse

In no particular order:

ESPN NFL 2K5

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw

Gran Turismo 4

Tony Hawk's Underground 2

Halo 2...that is it give me the game of the year already!

Guest JacK

T5, GT4 and THUG2 no doubt . . . though I've decided I'll finish GT3 before I buy another new game.

And what happened to the guy that started this? He sure got banned fast.

Gran Turismo 4, Burnout 3, Doom 3 and Half Life 2.

Wow they are all sequels.

Strangely enough, one game I am not looking forward to is THUG 2.

I love the Tony Hawk's series and all, hell I was British Tony Hawk's 2 Champion, but after Tony 4 and THUG, I have become seriously apathetic towards the series. When I played the first one, I was blown away by the gameplay. Then I got the second one and it remains my favourite of the series simply becuase it bettered everything the first one did and added some stuff. 3, 4 and THUG, aside from differing career modes have done nothing and the PSONE Tony 2 has a better engine than the too simplified PS2 engine.

Guest MikeSC

Honestly, I'm looking very forward to a game I'm about to go and pick up.

Psi-Ops.

Looks like a damned cool title.

-=Mike

Guest CurryMan

Halo 2 for sure and I would really like to see a decent wrestling game for XBOX.

Devil may cry 3

King of fighters MI

Killer 7

Resident Evil 4

Viewtiful Joe (PS2)

Viewtiful Joe 2

Boktai 2

Metal Slug Advance

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Kingdom Hearts II

Prince of Persia 2

Eep... so many to choose from... well, since everyone else picked more than one...

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

GTA: San Andreas

Metroid Prime 2

Phantom Brave

Silent Hill 4: The Room

Starcraft: Ghost

Viewtiful Joe 2

you think those lazy, overpaid programmers want to try and come up with something totally new? puh-leaze!

I wouldn't blame the programmers, because a lot of the decisions are likely made by those guys in suits.

I'd say Metal Slug Advance, but that game should have been out last year, so I don't think it counts.

However, put me down for Crimson Tears, the Astro Boys, that weird-ass-looking Katamari Damacy (IF it comes out here...), and Tales of Symphonia. If they don't monumentally screw it up, Kingdom Hearts II could really be something. Red Star could be decent, although the Acclaim name on it makes me very uneasy.

you think those lazy, overpaid programmers want to try and come up with something totally new?  puh-leaze!

Most game developers aren't lazy and overpaid... but yes, they don't have much control over what they put in a game, and they do have control over the mechanics of those parts.

I don't know how you didn't think to blame the marketing/creative team of morons first and jumped straight to the working grunts.

dah i dunno man...because it's 3:33, i've been here since 5 and my brain isn't working right!

Guest El Satanico
you think those lazy, overpaid programmers want to try and come up with something totally new?  puh-leaze!

I don't know how you didn't think to blame the marketing/creative team of morons first and jumped straight to the working grunts.

Actually they're smart. It's smarter to keep doing what has proven to work than trying something new.

Guest MikeSC
Correction to topic title: "Most anticipated sequel." Apparently no one is interested in original titles anymore.

I did say "Psi-Ops"

-=Mike

..."Advent Rising" looks cool, too

Halo 2 for sure and I would really like to see a decent wrestling game for XBOX.

Every Xbox owner who enjoys a good wrestling game feels your pain Curryman.

I also wanna throw in Conker Live and Uncut with Halo 2.

Correction to topic title:  "Most anticipated sequel."  Apparently no one is interested in original titles anymore.

I did say "Psi-Ops"

-=Mike

..."Advent Rising" looks cool, too

My apologies. Since there are 9 billion games with "Ops" in the title, I thought it was the sequel to something.

Especially when it comes to fighting games, it is *very* rare that a new series will actually be worth playing. The established series have had years to add moves, tweak balance and improve the engine, and a new game isn't going to come out of nowhere and be at the same level. Sometimes a game like Guilty Gear will come out and obviously have potential, but even then, the first installment isn't going to be very good relative to what's out there already. So yeah, with fighters, I pretty much only look forward to sequels. There's just no chance that this year's Tao Feng will be as good as Tekken 5.

I doubt the new Tao Feng will be as good as Tekken 2 though. Also, it isn't so much that sequels are a bad thing as it is that it seems like that's all that gets made these days--those and licensed games.

A strong lineup that includes both original games and sequels I would have no problem with. That doesn't seem to be what we're getting, however.

There's an extreme dearth of creativity these days in the gaming market. Well, that is in the US...and certainly on the PS2. :P

Even The Usual Suspects aren't that creative. Sure, a new game every year or so typically makes small advances, but for me I feel like "meh--why bother? They'll make a new one pretty soon. If the new one sucks, the older one will be cheaper used. If it's much improved, well, the old one is obsolete."

Well, then again, after Tekken Tag Tournament, I don't see why a new Tekken is essential. Maybe that's just me, though.

Naturally, my beliefs aren't conducive to huge profits, but that isn't what I care about.