TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

NBA Offseason News and Moves

Tony Parker is also not living up to his potential as he got owned in the playoffs by both the Nets and Lakers.

Yeah but he's only 12 years old.

Celtics should sign Eric Williams back and some more good roleplayers. I accept the fact Ainge can't sign any big money free agents but god dammit if the Celts want to make it past the first round he's gotta sign somebody.

Vlade appears to be headed back to the Lakers.

Link~

Kings should still be fine. We just need a servicable backup center to steady the course. That and a backup SF wouldn't hurt my feelings either

Guest Vitamin X

Spurs fans are quick to forget Parker's effectiveness in the series against LA, especially in the first couple of games. It was LA's depth (or San Antonio's lack thereof) and chemistry that was able to come together and beat the Spurs. Well, and Kobe Bryant, and the 0.4 shot.

Vlade coming back to LA? I think he'll be a lot happier this time around with Kobe in the backcourt rather than Nick Van Exel. Though there's a twist~

It's believed the Lakers have reserved that $4.9 million slot for either Divac or bringing back Karl Malone, who has said he wants to make a decision about next season later in the summer after undergoing knee surgery. Miami or San Antonio are also options for Malone if Divac lands the Lakers' exception.

Fuck Karl Malone.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

an honest question here: has any point guard, on any team, in any series, not had a great series against the Kobe/Shaq Lakers?

Guest FrigidSoul

Since the Celtics aren't going to do shit again this year I shall focus on my second favorite team, the T-Wolves(run by former Celtic Kevin McHale~)

They should resign Troy Hudson pending a physical that clears his ankle

Sign Jon Barry

Offer Ostertag the minimum. If he signs then you have a pretty good Center when healthy and its low risk. If not then screw it.

Offer Horry the minimum

If they have the cap room to do that then they'll be over the hump. Especially with the Lakers dismantling, Mavs losing their PG and trading Jamison, and the Kings slowly fading.

Guest FrigidSoul

When giving him the minimum and playing him as a back-up? Sure. As long as you're not trying to run an offense through him and make him the lead scorer you'll be fine. They could have Hudson swing it to Barry and when help comes over to Barry that should free up Ostertag for his big goofy looking lay-ups

Spurs fans are quick to forget Parker's effectiveness in the series against LA, especially in the first couple of games. It was LA's depth (or San Antonio's lack thereof) and chemistry that was able to come together and beat the Spurs. Well, and Kobe Bryant, and the 0.4 shot.

Parker choked in the next 4 games!

Fuck Karl Malone Fuck Fisher Fuck 0.4 CHEAT TO WIN.

On the subject of the Malone/Divac/Lakers ordeal, Malone is apparently willing to take a paycut in order for them to bring in Vlade.

Link~

If Derek Fisher didn't hit that shot the Lakers wouldve gotten swept or lost in 5. Tony Parker is gonna be one of the next great point guards in the league. He was phenominal in the first 2 games against LA.

Guest Vitamin X
Opps I thought it was game 3 but still, they wouldve lost the series

You didn't even know in what game the most pivotal play of the series happened. How would you know they lost the series?

Fuck Karl Malone Fuck Fisher Fuck 0.4 CHEAT TO WIN.

What goes around (Horry's in and out 3 in 2003) comes around (0.4).

an honest question here: has any point guard, on any team, in any series, not had a great series against the Kobe/Shaq Lakers?

Sure, look at just about every team the Lakers steamrolled in the 2001 playoffs. This year was a weak year for defense against smaller guys.

Guest Redhawk

Is Derek Fisher even going to start in GS? Don't they already have Nick Van Exel?

Is Derek Fisher even going to start in GS? Don't they already have Nick Van Exel?

They also have Speedy Claxton, who actually puts up comparable or maybe even a little better numbers than Fisher. I think Van Exel is more of a 2 guard because he shoots too much. He's a gunner. I don't think Fisher is that good of a creator and distributor, but then again, the triangle doesn't require a create off the dribble setup point guard.

GS has been overpaying very mediocre players lately (Adonal Foyle and Brian Cardinal, anyone) which makes me believe they will be a terrible team for YEARS to come.

Guest Redhawk

On the flip side, they have a great bunch of guys on their roster for community service/PR type stuff...........

But I guess that doesn't mean anything.

You hit the nail on the head. Guys like Dunleavy Jr and Jason Richardson are great for community service announcements and PR stuff...

their just not good for winning a lot of NBA basketball games.

You didn't even know in what game the most pivotal play of the series happened. How would you know they lost the series?

Well if it was such a pivotal play as you state, him missing woulve been just as pivotal to the Spurs and Tim Duncans AMAZING SHOT HE WAS PROBABLY FOULED ON! So if these were so pivotal then it would be safe to assume that the Spurs would have a boatload of momentum.

Guest Vitamin X

Well if it was such a pivotal play as you state, him missing woulve been just as pivotal to the Spurs and Tim Duncans AMAZING SHOT HE WAS PROBABLY FOULED ON! So if these were so pivotal then it would be safe to assume that the Spurs would have a boatload of momentum.

You were the one claiming if Fisher never made that shot, they wouldn't have won the series, so OBVIOUSLY you were referring ot it as a pivotal play. Duncan wasn't fouled on his shot, I thought the game was over when he made his, but yet you wouldn't know because you probably weren't watching the game, now were you?

Another small sidenote: In that game, the Lakers had been in control until a sudden collapse in the 4th brought on by Duncan and Parker, which led to Duncan's shot just over 5 seconds left (I think that was what the clock said) and then the 0.4 shot.