TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

When Kurt Angle returns to the ring...

The dirtsheets have been reporting Kurt Angle as making his return to the ring in time for SummerSlam (and the Return of the Deadman tour B-)), but you have to wonder what WWE will have ready for him.

The possibility is there for a program with Big Show after his surgery, but that would mean that one guy would have to turn.

The possibility is there also for a match with John Cena, which is in fact very high. If they give us what we got at last year's No Mercy, and moreso for something such as SummerSlam, it'll be tremendous.

What do you think will be in store for him when he makes his in-ring return?

Guest Anglesault

They have to do Eddie, and only Eddie. That would be the only thing to make me watch Smackdown over Baseball.

If Kurt's not dead after that feud, I'd like to see a Big Show feud.

Yeah, I figured they might give us another WrestleMania rematch at SummerSlam this year.

But I wasn't huge on their WrestleMania match after countless rewatchings, so maybe the rematch could be better?

Kurt ANgle leaving the ring on a stretcher, paralyzed or worse for life due to taking a a chair shot to the head

Why should he return? Why? Isn't he like one back bump from being the next Chris Reeves.

If he could either stay where he is now, still able to walk and such, or wrestle again and be a vegetable, the choice is obvious.

I'd say that there's a good chance that Cena faces either Angle or Luther at Summerslam, probably Luther, though. I'd save Kurt's return for Survivor Series against Eddie, where he beats him for the belt. First, though, Kurt's got to throw Undertaker, Big Show, and maybe RVD at Eddie in an attempt to get the belt off him. In the end, Kurt realizes he's got to do it himself. Easy storyline to do.

Guest Anglesault
Why should he return? Why? Isn't he like one back bump from being the next Chris Reeves.

I think the point is that whether or not he should, he's coming back.

BTW, I'd run the Mania rematch at Survivor Series and keep Kurt out of the ring until then.

Guest Anglesault
I'd save Kurt's return for Survivor Series against Eddie, where he beats him for the belt. First, though, Kurt's got to throw Undertaker, Big Show, and maybe RVD at Eddie in an attempt to get the belt off him. In the end, Kurt realizes he's got to do it himself. Easy storyline to do.

My plan exactly. I'd throw Haas in there either in stead of RVD or just have him line up four challengers.

Yeah, I figured they might give us another WrestleMania rematch at SummerSlam this year.

But I wasn't huge on their WrestleMania match after countless rewatchings, so maybe the rematch could be better?

Wait.. wait... you're marking hard for Flair vs Benoit and yet you're not sure about Angle vs Guerrero?

Wait.. wait... you're marking hard for Flair vs Benoit and yet you're not sure about Angle vs Guerrero?

But I believe that Angle and Guerrero could give us the greatest match of all time.

'Sault, that wouldn't be possible if a 5-on-5 match is happening at this year's event again.

Then again, SmackDown! probably couldn't muster that now anyway.

Guest Anglesault

But I believe that Angle and Guerrero could give us the greatest match of all time.

'Sault, that wouldn't be possible if a 5-on-5 match is happening at this year's event again.

Then again, SmackDown! probably couldn't muster that now anyway.

Fuck 5 on 5. I was a little annoyed that champion and number one contender(s) were buried in a tag match last year. Not again.

Just because the champion is in a separate match doesn't mean that there can't be any 5-on-5 matches. Those are usually saved for the mid-carders anyway, except for last year.

SmackDown! would have struggled to give us a Championship match at last year's Survivor Series anyway.

Guest Anglesault
SmackDown! would have struggled to give us a Championship match at last year's Survivor Series anyway.

There was still zero reason to have Lesnar (7 SD! PPV MEs in 2003) Angle (5) Benoit (2) and Big Show (2) in a match that also contained Smackdown's JOB squad curtain jerking a PPV

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Get HBK on SD, pronto. I need my Angle/HBK match before it's all over and done with. Ditto with HBK/Rock, and HHH/Lesnar.

Yeah, the WORLD is waiting for HHH to carry Brock to anything great.

I'd love to see Angle/HBK and Rock/HBK though.

Guest Anglesault
Get HBK on SD, pronto. I need my Angle/HBK match before it's all over and done with. Ditto with HBK/Rock, and HHH/Lesnar.

Angle/HBK is another biggie I'd like to see.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Once you break it down, it would either be....

A.) Triple H beating the crap out of someone who could probably maul him.

B.) Triple H is Lesnar's bitch.

C.) Brock-Goldberg Version 1.5

I don't see HHH being able to carry Brock. He's been having better matches lately, but it's been against some of the best workers in the promotion. Plus Brock works better as a heel, but here, it would be a 9/10 shot HHH was the heel, thus making Brock look like a wimp.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Can we just STFU already about Angle's inring return till there's actually news on when he's coming back?

Guest Mulatto Heat

I like the assumption that Brock will be back.

Just sayin'.

Guest Choken One

Why would you want him back IB? Do you like people dying? Are you hoping he spends his life like Dynamite; in a wheelchair (for real) and having watch his beautiful daughter grow up and not be able do the things he should be able to do but can't because he had to work a rematch for little fucks like to do "yay! i saw a decent match! too bad the bald headed guy like can't walk anymore!".

Kurt is only 34 years old...He has a big life ahead of him where there is a large source of things for him to do in his retirement...from working as an on screen character on WWEtv...wwe trainer...High School wrestling coach, Motivational Speaker...

He doesn't need and SHOULDN'T be forced into the ring for the ungrateful fans. As great as HBK/Angle would be, if Angle was healthy...I'd be all over that match but the fact of the matter is...Angle is a german suplex away from being a permanant vegtable.

He cheated death last year with Lesnar, don't make Eddy have to worry about perserving Kurt's life.

And if WWE and their idiotic braintrust does decide to bring him back...It should only be at Survivor Series and the angle needs a great build to make it MEAN something.

And after that match, Angle can not ever work another match again.

Hey, like I said, if Kurt Angle's return to the ring would bring with it a lifetime of sitting in a wheelchair, there's no way in the world that I'd be behind it.

But speculation of him returning to the ring is already afoot, and it's not as if he can really never wrestle again. So a return must be in the cards.

Guest Choken One

"it's not as if he can really never wrestle again"

when doctors tell you "you shouldn't wrestle again" "you might not survive"...

That most def. means you can "not really wrestle again".

Well if so, why are WWE planning a return for him "by SummerSlam"?

Guest Anglesault

I have no idea what you two are arguing about. If the past four and a half years in this company has proved anything, it's that Kurt is like a dog. Loyal to the core but stupid as shit.

He'll be back whether anyone wants it or not, so we might as well look at some possibilities.

Guest MikeSC

I don't want Kurt to come back. I don't want to see him crippled --- which is where it seems he'll end up.

Maybe somebody in the WWE can find a way to have Dynamite Kid talk to him.

-=Mike