TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

The Untouchables

Man, I was watching the Untouchables last night for the first time in a couple of years, and what a fucking great film it still is, it has Andy Garcias coolest moment ever, Kevin Costners best film, De Niro just being off the fucking charts, lots of blood and violence, a good perfomance by Shawn Connery, one of the greatest shootouts ever in the train station, the guy who played Nitty was an evil fuck, just a great film. What do other people think?

the guy that played Nitti was evil indeed, but his credibility went out the window when he appeared on Michael Jackson's video about the dancing mobsters...can't remember the name, NOT smooth criminal...

The special edition comes out in july (the 13th i believe)

cant wait for it (as well as Sledgehammer, Knight Rider, and the new good version of Goodfellas all around that time as well)

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly
the guy that played Nitti was evil indeed, but his credibility went out the window when he appeared on Michael Jackson's video about the dancing mobsters...can't remember the name, NOT smooth criminal...

"You Rock My World"

"You Rock My World"

fuck, i knew that! thanks bro!

"You Rock My World"

I don't think Billy Drago is that well known anyway.

"You Rock My World"

I don't think Billy Drago is that well known anyway.

no he's not, but i'm referring to his evilness in THAT role...one day you see him playing the villianous, murderous Nitti, turn the channel and Michael is dancing circles around him on some video as he looks on in disgust...

Yeah 'The Untouchables' is one of my favourites as well. Strangely enough, two Kevin Costner films are among my favourites, 'Field Of Dreams' being the other.

Strangely enough I was listening to 'Smooth Criminal' while typing this.

A terrific film, I highly recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it.

Tremors 4 certainly didn't help gain any of his credibility back, either

Guest JMA

I love this film. It also has one of my favorite movie quotes of all time.

"You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue."

Hmmm....someone made a thread about me.

....well, I have nothing else to add, so I guess I'll be on my way out now.

*shuts off lights*

Mother fucker -- so they're coming out with a SE DVD for THIS movie, too? Damnit.

My fav. line of the film (may not be exact, but you get the idea.)

"Isn't that just like a Wap -- Brings a knife to a gun fight..."