TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

TNA News From The 6/26 Torch

By Wade Keller and Jason Powell

·Kid Kash suffered a broken fibula on June 10 at the TNA Impact tapings in Orlando and will be unable to challenge A.J. Styles for the X Title on this week's TNA Second Anniversary Show. He hoped to be recovered enough to wrestle the match as scheduled, but he wasn't medically cleared in time. TNA ran an angle on its website stating Styles issued an open challenge for the title shot on Wednesday and that it was answered by a major non-TNA wrestler. Sources say Jeff Hardy is that wrestler. Chavo Classic was also considered. Kash will get his X Title shot once he is medically cleared. Kid Kash has been asking for a raise, but TNA officials have refused to give him more money. The biggest reason they have turned him down is that he has major heat with the office and several wrestlers for the way he conducts himself backstage. Wrestlers have labeled Kash as a locker room cancer and say that they are tired of listening to him complain constantly. "There's a way of going about things when you're upset," said one wrestler. "But Kash will get in Jeff's (Jarrett) face. He'll get in Dutch's (Mantel) face. He needs to learn when to back down. Wrestlers also say that Kash is known for making loud comments about some of the younger wrestlers in the locker room in hopes that they will stand up to him. However, Kash is known for showing respect to most of the veteran wrestlers. It's worth mentioning that Kash had heat in the XWF for beating up now WWE announcer Josh Matthews during a match. Brian Knobbs, who was booking a lot of the shows with Jimmy Hart, was so angry with Kash that he even considered the idea of having one of the veterans return the favor by beating up Kash during a match.

·Jonny Fairplay and Jeff Jarrett were on the syndicated Mancow radio show on Monday. Fairplay issued a challenge to any reality TV star (male or female) to meet him in the ring on TNA PPV. Sources say TNA has several reality TV stars lined up for a series of angles and matches with Fairplay.

·NWA-TNA Notebook: Ron Killings suffered a black eye after being hit with a stiff punch thrown by Onyx last week. Killings was hot after the match, but calmed down quickly when others assured him that Onyx was just nervous and wasn't trying to hurt him... There are some TNA officials who have been trying to talk Jeff Jarrett into going head-to-head with WWE Raw on Monday nights if the company were to have the unlikely opportunity to choose what night they would appear on FX. Jarrett is said to be against the idea because he doesn't want to compete directly with WWE... Sabu and Jeff Jarrett talked prior to the pay-per-view last week and appear to have ironed out their differences. However, Gorgeous George was not at the show, and the talk backstage was that she probably won't be invited back...

Goldylocks may be on her last leg in TNA, as the company is making plans to pull her from Abyss's act. "I think everyone internally finally realizes that it's a failed experiment," said one source regarding Goldy... Yes, that was fake blood Vince Russo used to sell Jeff Jarrett's guitar shot on the pay-per-view. Meanwhile, Russo continues to vent his frustration to friends about his feud with Jarrett. Russo has made it clear that he doesn't find the feud entertaining, yet Jarrett continues to push it against his wishes... Bill Behrens is in charge of booking TNA talent to outside promotions... Konnan talked with Jeff Jarrett about his desire to leave the company for WWE recently. Sources say Jarrett promised that he would better utilize Konnan on television. Apparently, they reached a compromise, as the talk of Konnan jumping to WWE has died down. Konnan may have even been given a raise, as his biggest reason for wanting to leave was said to be financially related... Jim "Sinister Minister" Mitchell is still under contract, but hasn't been used. He's living in Florida and runs his own karaoke business. Friends say one of the reasons he's been reluctant about changing his gimmick is that he also uses it for his more lucrative karaoke business...

Ryan Wilson worked a dark match at the Impact tapings and received horrible reviews from the wrestlers who watched the match. The former Red Shirt Security member was sent by TNA officials to Puerto Rico for a year in hopes that the time he spent there would pay off as it did for Abyss. However, Wilson was quickly fired after he developed a track record of injuring wrestlers. TNA sources say that in addition to being clumsy in the ring, Wilson has the attitude that management should be able to find a spot for someone of his size... The Naturals earned some heat with Jeff Jarrett by attempting to change the finish of their Impact match. They didn't try to avoid doing the job, but did attempt to change the way the job would be set up. Instead of simply being pinned, they wanted to have one member of their team accidentally strike the person who was going to do the job. Jarrett was upset because he felt they were trying to make themselves look better. Observers credit Jarrett for putting the young team in their place and insisting that they follow the original plan for the match...

Guest Salacious Crumb

Thank God that Goldy is almost gone. She's never been the slightest bit entertaining. It's aslo good to see GG not be invited back either. That's probably a good sign that Macho Man won't be coming in.

Also I like hearing that Jarrett is being smart and not trying to compete with the WWF just because Impact has pulled some ratings. Nothing will kill TNA faster than going head to head with Raw.

Guest The Last Free Voice

Seriously who teh FUCK wants to go head to head with WWE? That would be THE DUMBEST thing to do.

Tuesday nights would be ideal if they decide to keep the weekly PPV. That way, they could lead easily into the PPV, and there isn't really anything else major on.

But would that overwork the roster? having them go back to back? I don't think Styles or the X guys would have a problem working like that, but what about some of the bigger dudes? Then again, they're doing it now aren't they? I just rendered my entire post null. move along.

It's aslo good to see GG not be invited back either. That's probably a good sign that Macho Man won't be coming in.

If I remember correctly...they broke up back when they were both still in WCW. So GG being involved probably made it less likely that Savage would appear.

Guest MikeSC
·Jonny Fairplay and Jeff Jarrett were on the syndicated Mancow radio show on Monday. Fairplay issued a challenge to any reality TV star (male or female) to meet him in the ring on TNA PPV. Sources say TNA has several reality TV stars lined up for a series of angles and matches with Fairplay.

Oh God, no. Please tell me they won't kill their TV shows by AIRING this.

There are some TNA officials who have been trying to talk Jeff Jarrett into going head-to-head with WWE Raw on Monday nights if the company were to have the unlikely opportunity to choose what night they would appear on FX. Jarrett is said to be against the idea because he doesn't want to compete directly with WWE

I have stated that TNA has a ton of idiots in management. I'm shocked that JJ is being the voice of reason --- but a head-to-head deal with the WWE would be disastrous. Hell, it'd simply piss off Vinnie (something Vinnie did stupidly to Ted Turner and led to him getting his ass handed to him for years).

Meanwhile, Russo continues to vent his frustration to friends about his feud with Jarrett. Russo has made it clear that he doesn't find the feud entertaining, yet Jarrett continues to push it against his wishes

Does anybody know WHY JJ is pushing it?

Konnan talked with Jeff Jarrett about his desire to leave the company for WWE recently. Sources say Jarrett promised that he would better utilize Konnan on television. Apparently, they reached a compromise, as the talk of Konnan jumping to WWE has died down. Konnan may have even been given a raise, as his biggest reason for wanting to leave was said to be financially related

Jeff --- WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST CUT HIM?

He's total dead weight.

Hell, if I was Kash, I'd be pissed about that. Give the useless Konnan a raise --- but not the best heel you have? I actually empathize with Kash now.

-=Mike

Guest TDinDC1112

EVERYONE thought Eric Bischoff was totally nuts for going head to head with RAW.

Guest MikeSC
EVERYONE thought Eric Bischoff was totally nuts for going head to head with RAW.

There is a SMALL difference in the money available to the companies.

If you want TNA to succeed, going head-to-head with RAW --- ESPECIALLY considering that management consists heavily of the same people who couldn't generate ratings for WCW --- is a bad idea.

-=Mike

Jeff continues to show spots of common sense as well as loads of stupidity. its smart that he's considering getting rid of Goldy (thank you, Jesus) and i'm glad that he realizes how dumb it would be to try to compete with WWE.

on the other hand, Jeff's still a frickin' moron. he hasn't learned that no one cares about his fued with Vince Russo (Russo, if you don't want to do it, LEAVE the company! save us the torture!). its also telling that he'll pay Konnan whatever he wants but he won't give Kid Kash (better than Konnan in every aspect) a raise. telling indeed. but what sickens me the most is that they're considering running fueds with Fairplay vs. Reality TV Stars. yeah, having that Trishelle bitch is really gonna pop buyrates on a wrestling show. looks like the Sportz Entertainment horse is going to get beat once again....

What if FX ran them at 8pm on Monday night? They could have the occassional overrun of the main event going into Raw's start time. Test the waters by doing a two hour show down the road. Do a replay broadcast at 11:05 perhaps? Buy local advertising spots during Raw. I miss Monday being "wrestling night" and with two shows on two different networks it's possible that wrestling may be able to reclaim some of it's glory on that night. It would be much easier for me to tell my girlfriend that Monday and Thursday's are my wrestling nights as opposed to telling her that it's Monday, Tuesday night (if Impact! went to FX), Wednesday night for the PPV, Thursday night for SD and the weekends for the IWC that I watch here in Pittsburgh on Saturday night and the WWE PPV.

Guest MikeSC
What if FX ran them at 8pm on Monday night? They could have the occassional overrun of the main event going into Raw's start time. Test the waters by doing a two hour show down the road. Do a replay broadcast at 11:05 perhaps? Buy local advertising spots during Raw. I miss Monday being "wrestling night" and with two shows on two different networks it's possible that wrestling may be able to reclaim some of it's glory on that night. It would be much easier for me to tell my girlfriend that Monday and Thursday's are my wrestling nights as opposed to telling her that it's Monday, Tuesday night (if Impact! went to FX), Wednesday night for the PPV, Thursday night for SD and the weekends for the IWC that I watch here in Pittsburgh on Saturday night and the WWE PPV.

If TNA did it, WWE would annihilate them. If you want TNA to survive, avoid having them do dumb things that would just piss off the WWE.

-=Mike

DEMON KARAOKE~!

I'd check it out for the hell of it.

1. Stop trying to please your Girlfriend

2. Make her a wrestling fan

3. That'd be dumb because Vince would see it as a threat and will be the first to attack TNA this time. Not like what he did with WCW and waited.

Guest TDinDC1112

Do you think it would be a good idea for NWATNA to go head-to-head with Raw ?

Yes, as that is the guaranteed time when the most wrestling fans are watching TV. That is the biggest opportunity for people to channel flip and discover TNA. Now if they discover and think it's Shit, that's another problem.

Guest Dynamite Kido

For christ's sake.....buy a VCR then.......

By the by, if anyone want's to perchase ME a VCR, PM me, cause I need one and that would help out the RUSH alot.

No, seriously, if anyone wants to, I wouldn't be against it.

Guest JacK

I would, but it'd end up a PAL VCR and then it wouldn't work properly . . . and also I'm poor. Vodka is expensive.