TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeSC

Official Free Download of Fahrenheit 911 Thread

Guest MikeSC

Moorewatch.com has the movie free for download --- and Moore's quote saying he supports anybody who does it for a non-profit reason.

For those who wish to see it (it's a BitTorrent) and don't wish to enrich him.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Moorewatch.com has the movie free for download --- and Moore's quote saying he supports anybody who does it for a non-profit reason.

-=Mike

Shit.

It's not a big deal. BitTorrent clients are all over the place.

-=Mike

I can't use BitTorrent on my Mac, unfortunately; otherwise, I'd have the entirety of Angel Season 5 downloaded already. I am curious to see the movie, just to see if it's worth the massive furor or not. (In my experience, it's usually not. Last Temptation of Christ? Showgirls? When you get right down to it, most "controversial" movies look pretty tame in hindsight.)

Guest MikeSC
I can't use BitTorrent on my Mac, unfortunately; otherwise, I'd have the entirety of Angel Season 5 downloaded already. I am curious to see the movie, just to see if it's worth the massive furor or not. (In my experience, it's usually not. Last Temptation of Christ? Showgirls? When you get right down to it, most "controversial" movies look pretty tame in hindsight.)

This might help.

http://sarwat.net/bittorrent/

-=Mike

Guest slacklet

-=Mike

You realize Moore made this film to prevent Bush from being re-elected, right?

So in escence, you're advocating Bush's demise by spreading Mikey's EVIL LIBERAL PROPAGANDA!

:: clap clap HISS! ::

Well done A MikeSC.

Touche.

Aren't you doing the same thing here you complained about Mike doing in the other thread?

Oh, and thanks Mike, but apparently my computer didn't like it anyway, the file vanished as soon as it was done downloading. :(

Guest theanswer1824

i don't go to that site too often. where on the site can you dl the movie?

Guest Anglesault

I can't find the damn thing.

Edit: nevermind.

Edited by Anglesault

Just had to point out that he's a hypocrite.

That's all.

He's not being a hypocrite. He's not allowed in NoCal's thread because he hasn't seen it, yet he doesn't want to give ol' Tons of Fun any of his money by seeing it in the theater.

Now if you are saying he's a hypocrite for DL'ing the movie for free, yet preached on regarding the ills of downloading music, then you would have a point -- although I still think you would be wrong since Mikey was offering his film for free to non-profit causes.

How was the film Mike?...

Here's something I've always been curious about, when it comes to artists who dont mind ther stuff being downloaded (there are actually a significant amount of them)... where do the studios/labels fit in?

Do they own the rights for stuff like this? So like if say Moore says "download away!" but then Miramax or some company that owns the rights decides they dont want it d/led and sue the site? Or does Moore own the rights and MIramax and Lions Gate and al them just distribute it?

What about when it comes to music? A band might advocate the downloading of their music, but can the labels sue regardless?

(yeah, i'm a bit ignorant when it comes to copyright law, specially since i am a rampant downloader)

Guest MikeSC

Well, good money says he'll file a suit against this and hope it stays quiet.

From what I've seen, it has the usual inaccuracies and distortions of his books and other movies.

This film is only thought-provoking to those who can't think. It is deep to those with no intellectual depth. It couldn't conceivably "preach to the choir" more than it does.

Let's just say his election analysis is WAY off, his theories as to Bush's actions post-9/11 are WAY off, his whole assertion about oil pipes and Afghanistan is WAY off, etc. It clearly doesn't qualify as a documentary.

-=Mike

Two things.

1) What is the quality of the download?

2) Where is the link to download it?

I've seen a screener torrent out there, which I downloaded and the quality was just fine.

I don't know if it's still up though as a few of the F9/11 downloadables seemed to start vanishing when the movie did well.