TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Temet

You bastards.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

lurking has long been the best thing about message boards. And I'd say I regreted about 90% of my posts immediatly after typing them.

Once again, I think we're getting too carried away with accounts. We don't need 25-character minimums, x amount of posts in order to not be baleeted, and the like. I'd rather have an idiot with no posts stick around than an idiot who has to keep his account alive with post after post of crap. Post after post of crap is supposed to be my specialty, not the newbies'.

lurking has long been the best thing about message boards. And I'd say I regreted about 90% of my posts immediatly after typing them.

Fuckin' right!

I can understand people just wanting to read through the threads - when i signed up here i had no idea what i was doing. Wait up, i've got 80 posts in the hole and still have no idea! :D

Would you really want to force posters like IB to post instead of lurk?

Posters like IB don't "just lurk"

Stupidity compels them to post

Well what happens when they all just create accounts and lurk?

I think this is happening now. I've never seen *11* anonymous users on at this time of day.

I'd say I regreted about 90% of my posts immediatly after typing them.

I'd say we ALL regretted about 90% of your posts.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I can't speak for everyone, but a lot of the time I don't even bother to log in unless I post something, so there's one anonymous user.

Guest Reservoir_Kitty

People lurk because it's hard to join a new 'community' where everyone is familiar with one another, it's like being the new kid at school or somethin'. You gotta get a feel for where you're posting and stuff, you don't wanna be "that guy".

That's how I feel, anyhow.

:bonk:

I remember when I was new and nervous about posting in this forum.

Then after many months of hard work, I became established, respected and well liked.

However, after a few more months of inactivity, poor posts and not bot being botheres I am now unestablished again and disliked by every bastard on this board.

Well, that was a year well spent.

Guest LME

To get back on topic (audience: BWHAHAHA!!!!), I'm a pretty long-time lurker of this forum in it's many forms, right back to the blindingly yellow EZBoard. I generally don't have much to say, so I don't really see the point in posting a whole lot. It's a pretty good rule: "If you don't have much to say, don't say anything".

I've got nothing better to do though, so I'll probably be adding more, ahem, "content" to the board in the future.

So, in conclusion, READ MY LIPS.