TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Santiago is out right now with a broken hand

Gonzalez is out with back problems

Stairs might be traded.

Then again, this team just tanked big time after Beltran was traded.

It probably doesn't help that John Buck is 3 for 25 with 11 strikeouts so far.

They beat them in 4 games. That's close enough to destroying them. I actually had some hope when they won the first game, but then the Yankees had to go and win 3 in a row. Bastards...

My dream is a Cubs/Twins World Series. Wrigley vs. The Metrodome. Wacky.

Given Wrigley-Fenway, Wrigley-Comiskey, Wrigley-Camden Yards, you suggest the Metrodome for the AL's part of the World Series? Pshaw.

I think the Expos are worse. The Royals have Mark Teahan, Mike Wood, David DeJesus, Zach Greinke on the way up (and Greinke's already the best guy on the staff). The Expos farm system is absolutely barren.

They beat them in 4 games. That's close enough to destroying them. I actually had some hope when they won the first game, but then the Yankees had to go and win 3 in a row. Bastards...

Given Wrigley-Fenway, Wrigley-Comiskey, Wrigley-Camden Yards, you suggest the Metrodome for the AL's part of the World Series? Pshaw.

I think he was thinking of the juxtaposition between good park and bad park.

I think the Expos are worse. The Royals have Mark Teahan, Mike Wood, David DeJesus, Zach Greinke on the way up (and Greinke's already the best guy on the staff). The Expos farm system is absolutely barren.

Anyone think that has anything to do with the delayed decision on the Expos' future? Is there any chance people are/would be reluctant to buy such a moribund franchise?

Anyone think that has anything to do with the delayed decision on the Expos' future? Is there any chance people are/would be reluctant to buy such a moribund franchise?

Well, the farm system has been drained since the team first lost its owner. I don't think its a deal-breaker, because a good GM could re-stock the system within a few years.

Guest FrigidSoul

I think he meant out of the two ML teams though. If you're going via the complete organisation then yes, the Royals have more upside.

Guest Anglesault

In other news, the yankees make me want to tear my hair out. At least they kind of came back.

The Royals lineup tonight

1- Desi Relaford (3B/.202)

2- Angel Berroa (SS/.236)

3- Ken Harvey (1B/.319)

4- Matt Stairs (RF/.256)

5- Ruben Mateo (CF/2 for 13)

6- Dee Brown (LF/.229)

7- Tony Graffanino (2B/.257)

8- John Buck (C/3 for 25)

9- Damian Jackson (DH/1 for 8)

Yes.. Damian Jackson is the DH. 23 career home runs, .244 career hitter

Your bench tonight is Jose Bautista and Alberto Castillo

Guest FrigidSoul

Dear god, what happened to Oakland's pitching? Not even 12 full innings against them this series and Boston has scored 18 runs.

AND HE DOES

FUCK

Note to Tony Pena: When you have a man on second (Desi stole it).. DON'T FUCKING SAC BUNT

It's hard enough to get hits, DON'T GO FOR ANOTHER OUT.

Tonyball continues to fail here

I see. Well that certainly would be the best and the worst. Good luck to the Twins in getting outta that thing, it's holding them down. Though that's to be expected in the HHH Metrodome.

(ducks)

Guest Anglesault

Tonyball continues to fail here

But he's the MANAGER OF THE YEAR~! who totally changed the face of a losing organization and let the Royals to a rousing third place finish.

Guest FrigidSoul

Mark Bellhorn called out on a foul off of his foot. Franconca came out to argue and you could read his lips saying "Check the ball" meaning to check it for scuffs, but the Oakland pitcher already had at that point and was rubbing the hell out of it. Homeplate ump decided not to check the ball.

I'd probably be upset if the Sox weren't up by 4.

I see. Well that certainly would be the best and the worst. Good luck to the Twins in getting outta that thing, it's holding them down. Though that's to be expected in the HHH Metrodome.

(ducks)

The Twins won two World Series in that park, and the deafening noise the stadium creates is generally considered an advantage. The Twins are 8-0 in World Series games at the Metrodome.

Guest FrigidSoul

Justin Duscherer should be in Oakland's rotation. The thing that irks me is he was drafted by the Red Sox and traded by Duquette for crap.

Good news and Bad news:

Bad news - The Twins score four in the first

Good news - Reyes hits the Twins first baseman to get back at Lohse nailing Harvey

Bad news - The ump warned both sides. I suspect this will be an ump who will throw some guys out if a starter accidently hits a guy

Guest FrigidSoul

Maybe Ken Harvey will kill the ump trying to field a simple groundball to first. I believe if anybody can do it that its him.

Then again, Pena wasn't too happy with Reyes protecting our best hitter by nailing Cuddyer.

Ya know Tony, he never wants to retaliate.

Not when we have 11 healthy batters.

Not when we've lost two players due to the Phillies throwing at them (Santiago and Stinnett)

Justin Duscherer should be in Oakland's rotation. The thing that irks me is he was drafted by the Red Sox and traded by Duquette for crap.

That crap is Doug Mirabelli, the Sox back-up catcher.

Inning two in Minneapolis:

Mateo and Brown reach on hits

Tony Graffanino strikes out

John Buck flies out

and Damian Jackson, the DH, is up

Jackson strikes out looking.

Jackson has 11 games at DH, 7 of them under the managerial genius of Grady Little (all as a replacement) and 4 under Luis Pujols' Detroit Tigers (2 of them were starts. The Tigers scored 1 run in those 18 innings)

Guest FrigidSoul

That crap is Doug Mirabelli, the Sox back-up catcher.

I'd prefer Duscherer right now to be honest. Although Mirabelli is one of the few people in the game that doesn't wear batting gloves and at the same time doesn't piss on his hands.

The Runner is safe after Desi Relaford makes a wild throw to first.

Ken Harvey's attempt to get the ball and tag the runner failed.

Here's the scary thing. Harvey's still a better fielding first baseman than Mike Sweeney.

Dennys Reyes hits a runner with 2 on and 0 outs

and the umpire decides that it wasn't intentional

and Pena pulls Reyes anyways.

And Ron "Serial Killer" Gardenhire has been ejected.

At least one manager in this game has some fire

Please let this nightmare of a series with the Brewers just be over. I love the atmosphere, but the Cubs haven't looked this bad all season, aside from that skid where they lost six in a row.

Guest FrigidSoul

Bobby Abreau makes the NL All Star team showing Americans know what they're doing(your welcome for the 50 or so votes I gave him Al)

Hideki Matsui makes the AL All Star team showing that Japan has no bussiness voting in this. He's a terrible fielder and his numbers aren't even close to Konerko's or Thomas'.