TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Jack made most of the points I was going to make in my last post. As great as Rusch has been, there is a reason why he's been around for a long time and yet, was in the Cubs' minor league system earlier this year. I'm hoping that once Wood comes back, he'll be effective like this out of the pen.

SS is a fairly weak spot for most teams, so it's not the end of the world that we've got Gonzalez, who's fairly reliable with the glove, aside from the one play that most will remember him for.

Crosby probably takes it from the AL with his recognition from being hyped as the next big thing to SS

And that he's starting to back up the hype.

Oh and Barry Zito still sucks.

Guest Anglesault

Jason Johnson is making the Yankees look like fools through three.

Yes, it's only through three, but it irritates me.

Guest FrigidSoul

Barry Zito has never really scared me, infact I'd love to face him. Of course I'm the opposite of Pedro Sorano from Major League. I can absolutely crush the ever living shit out of curveballs and sliders but fastballs...I have a hard time catching up with them.

Still, I always loved sitting back on a slow curve as it started to make its break and if it was a lefty I'd pull the shit out of it...if a righty was throwing it then it breaks away and I'd crank it to the opposite side.

And the Royals lineup tonight

1. Relaford (3B)

2. Berroa

3. Harvey

4. Stairs (RF)

5. Mateo (CF)

6. Graffanino

7. Dee Brown (DH)

8. John Buck

9. Jose Bautista (LF)

DeJesus is out again after bruising his hand more last night. Sweeney is out with deadly back spasms.

Your KC bench tonight:

Damian Jackson and Alberto Castillo

Guest Anglesault

The Tigers make alot of errors, right? Can I at least depend on that?

Freddy Garcia for $9 million a season?! What the hell are the White Sox thinking here? Garcia's extremely homer-prone, and New Comiskey Park is one of the most prevalent home run parks in the majors. His ERA was below the league-average the last two seasons. He's put together 100 decent innings, and the Sox gift-wrapped $27 Million.

This is the true principle of Moneyball. Think your investments through. Don't throw money out the window without considering the principles of career patterns and sample sizes.

Guest FrigidSoul

Red Sox are rocking Barry Zito. Watching him there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with him physically and he isn't tipping his pitches. Just appears he's lost some of his command and he's using his curveball far too much.

Mark Prior isn't gonna make it out of the first at this rate. Almost 30 pitches, four runs; he's looked awful. This rookie's not helping matters, by committing an error on the second play of the game. Still eight innings to go, but the Cubs have looked just horrible so far. These Brewers announcers aren't helping things, either. I'm looking for a rake to shove through my head right now.

Guest Anglesault

I have a couple small questions that I'd like someone to answer.

Why can't Mike Mussina do, you know, anything this year?

Why can't the yankees hit Jason Johnson?

Just why?

Guest FrigidSoul

I think Mussina was on some kind of roids to be honest since his velocity is still down 5mph. When his fastball is 89 or 88 instead of 93 then that knuckle-curve doesn't seem so difficult.

11-0 Red Sox in the 5th. The offense woke up finally, and I think its because of Mueller. Having another guy who puts the ball in play rather than just walk is great. Good things happen when you put the ball in play.

I think Mussina was on some kind of roids to be honest since his velocity is still down 5mph. When his fastball is 89 or 88 instead of 93 then that knuckle-curve doesn't seem so difficult.

Stop this nonsense. We have NO proof, or even a substantial allegation, that Mike Mussina took steroids. If his velocity is down, its more likely due to his age.

Facing Barry Zito and the A's pen doesn't hurt things, either.

Anyway, Prior came out and looked great in the second and the Cubs scored twice, cutting the lead in have. Though they did leave two on.

Guest Anglesault

Stop this nonsense. We have NO proof, or even a substantial allegation, that Mike Mussina took steroids. If his velocity is down, its more likely due to his age.

Hell of a drop off that turning 35 is.

Guest FrigidSoul

Its a personal opinion, I'm allowed to it. Unless he has some sort of injury to his arm I can't see another reason for him to lose 5mph on his velocity in not even 7 months.

Aging patterns in players are tricky. Most players decline after 32, the question is how fast? Look at Roberto Alomar. He completely fell off the table. Mussina's ratios are decent, but his hits allowed stat is terrible. That indicates alot may be due to bad luck.

Guest Anglesault

Its a personal opinion, I'm allowed to it. Unless he has some sort of injury to his arm I can't see another reason for him to lose 5mph on his velocity in not even 7 months.

Somehow Japan is going to be blamed.

And Global Warming.

Guest Anglesault
Mussina's ratios are decent, but his hits allowed stat is terrible. That indicates alot may be due to bad luck.

Yes, unfortunately for ol' Mike, most teams send up baseball players that can hit a ball better than ME.

Damn that rotten luck.

Aging patterns in players are tricky. Most players decline after 32, the question is how fast? Look at Roberto Alomar. He completely fell off the table. Mussina's ratios are decent, but his hits allowed stat is terrible. That indicates alot may be due to bad luck.

After all, everyone knows 28-32 is prime, 32+ you decline... :bonk: :boxing:

Guest Anglesault

After all, everyone knows 28-32 is prime, 32+ you decline... :bonk: :boxing:

I almost did the same thing.

Well, after tonight's unspeakable disaster in the Bronx against one of the worst teams in the American League, I can only hope that there are some kind of consequences.

Grow up. Seriously, your bitching is really growing tiresome. No team wins every single game, nor can they be expected to. TEAMS LOSE GAMES. Deal with it. Or at least stop complaining every damn time it happens.

It's a bit depressing to see Corey Patterson get a lead-off triple and be left there. Derrek Lee sure cooled off in a hurry. I know he's a very streaky player, but he went from hitting nothing to hitting everything to nothing all over again.

And AS, you're pissed because the best hitting team in all of baseball is hitting?