TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Indy wrestlers you just don't like

Guest Real F'n Show

Wow, I'm surprised Choken hasn't been in here yet to pimp Punk vs. Joe, and tell us how dumb we are for not liking either...

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Samoa Joe is pro wrestling. NEVER FORGET THAT, JINGUS!

I just watched Somoa Joe and the PWG show on 7/10..The guy is a fat, outta shape mid-card talent that only proves that RoH is as overrated a fed as there ever was.

Uh huh, the guy who went 60 minutes with CM Punk is out of shape. Riiiight. This post falls dangerously close to Rule 2a in my ground rules. This is warning 1.

-Anyway, Michrome, you make some interesting points about the Hero/Punk matches, I'll have to rewatch a bunch of them, because honestly I have no strong opinion on some of them in either direction.

That Punk/Daniels match was during the period where Punk was actually focused on being a great wrestler, and not Mr. Sports Entertainment. Nowadays, you're more likely to see him cut a long promo about his lifestyle and not liking Ricky Steamboat than busting out a match like that.

Btw, thecitythesky...just making an observation, but just about all of your points about workers are coming from an almost-two year old show. Workers change and improve or get worse during that type of time.

i know that Punk has changed since then.

for the worse from what i've seen.

however... the match with Daniels is the best non-Hero match that i've ever seen him in since i first saw him in MAW.

and the reasoning for my bringing up the 2002 TPI was for the above reason... as well as for pinpointing the begining of my dislike for Jimmy Rave which just happened to also occur on the same weekend.

which...

is also the best weekend of wrestling i've ever been able to see live.

I know many may disagree with me, but I really can't stand Super Dragon.

I know the guy's a decent enough talent...but when he goes into 'stiff mode' it makes me not like him for some reason. I know if I were the one going up against him, I would eventually get uber pissed. Just recently watched the Dragon/Scorpio match, and while it was good...Dragon hitting moves just made me wanna...like find him and stiff him myself.

I just watched Somoa Joe and the PWG show on 7/10..The guy is a fat, outta shape mid-card talent that only proves that RoH is as overrated a fed as there ever was.

Really, shut the fuck up.

I was at this show, and Joe was TREMENDOUS in this. He was in control of most of the match, did an incredible dive, and was tremendous in cutting off comebacks. He was strongly involved in what was the match of the night. People like you are the reason us socal fans don't deserve shows like that often...no respect.

Guest macheteofodin

Teddy Hart - I've never seen the guy do anything but pointless flips for his own amusement (or at least that's how it appears).

Hardcore Kidd - I tend to FF through his matches. Just seems boring to me in contrast to other SoCal guys on the same card. He'd probably be fine if he were among people his size.

Ric Blade - It is just really hard to watch the guy. I'm always afraid he's going to injure himself or others. Not sure if he counts considering I haven't seen him in about a year (or more).

So in general, if wrestlers seem to be too caught up in themselves rather than entertaining the crowd, they are boring or they just look sloppy most of the time, I don't like them.

As for the whole selling thing, this is how I look at it: If wrestler A seems to heavily focus on injuring wrestler B's leg, and B acts like nothing happened, that prevents my enjoyment due to it looking less believable. However, if neither wrestler is making a point to focus on any part of the body, I don't care about selling outside of immediately after the move (or after the match if it was a "finisher"). So basically, things just need to make sense if the match is serious (meaning not a comedy match or spotfest).

That's some really basic stuff that MOST wrestlers understand. It is very hard to be a wrestler I don't like or to not entertain me.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Matt Striker - I really just can't stand the guy......at ALL. He has to be the most BORING wrestler with NO matches that stick out, and he's been in ROH with a ton of quality guys to work with.

Guest bort

I really not a fan of Matt Striker, Chad Collyer, Jimmy Rave and John Walters. i cant seem to get into there long matches, i find them boring

Teddy Hart- So overated, everyone jumped and his bandwagon and pretty soon they will be jumping off

Jack Evans - He has shown improvments but he still isnt really a wrestler, more of a guy the shows up and does some flips and kills himself

Messiah - I dont know if its the people he has been working with or what but for the last year i have not been impressed with his work

Guest Dynamite Kido

Actually, I'll be honest here......I really do hate most of the CZW and IWA-MS deathmatch guys. Necrobutcher, Ian, Wifebeater, Lobo, etc.....all suck to me. I mean, I'll give them credit on the insane spot stuff.....but otherwise it bores me.

I'll probably catch flack for this, but I've never liked Super Dragon. I think he's a slightly above average indy worker with a cool look who just stiffs the shit out of his friends because they let him, yet he's universally put over as the second coming of Jesus Christ. I just don't see it.

Also gotta throw in the dislike for Low Ki.

Guest Aecas
Ric Blade has had some great spot matches. But for the most part he's just an ugly wrestler. His matches in CZW after he returned were awful

Can you give me the dates and shows for those matches? I've seen a few Ric Blade matches in my time and none of them rated very highly.

Steve Madison (Actually I don't hate his ring work, It's just as a Super Dragon mark I'm required to dislike his Chris Candido looking ass)

Messiah - I dont know if its the people he has been working with or what but for the last year i have not been impressed with his work

It's the people he's been working lately and well the terrible way CZW is booking him. He's actually a very capable performer when given the chance (See his work in SoCal's PCW)