TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

Bored's College Football Pick 'Em Contest

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Keep in mind I took the Packers/Bears bet out of spite more than anything else.

Now money's on the line. That's a whole different Agent of Oblivion, there.

I look forward to a spirited contest.

av-6442.gif

This will be your avatar.

Kylie_Banner.jpeg

This will be your sig.

Your subtitle: "Underground Raver."

Yes, this is very different from our previous wagers.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Only on the caveat that you post the full Kylie Riding Hood picture.

Here's my preseason top 10:

1. USC (Absolutley loaded even if Williams doesn't come back along an easy schedule means Orange Bowl berth for the Trojans.)

2. Oklahoma (Still very good despite the last 2 games vs. K-State and LSU. It will be interesting to see how Jason White follows up on last season and how the defense plays now without Mike Stoops there as defensive coordinator.)

3. Georgia (Loaded. Experienced QB in David Greene and a great DE in David Pollack. However the offensive line must play better than it did last year and the Bulldogs will have to beat Florida in Jacksonville and LSU twice, once in Athens and most likely in the SEC Championship Game to secure a trip to Miami.)

4. LSU (They'll still be solid, but I think they may suffer a little early in the season until Marcus Randall gets in gear with the offense. They'll still play great defense and Nick Saban is a great coach so they'll be allright.)

5. West Virginia (My sleeper pick. A ton of starters back from last years team. Was VERY close to beating Miami in the Orange Bowl last year and winning the Big East. With Miami and VT gone to the ACC, the Mountaineers should be able to win the Big East. If they can beat Maryland and Boston College, they have a shot an an undefeated record.)

6. Miami (Lost a lot of talent, but they're Miami so they'll reload. However, Brock Berlin must start out well this season or Larry Coker may go with last year's super-recruit Kyle Wright as the starting QB. I do believe Miami can win the ACC, but it will be a lot tougher for them in the ACC than it was in the Big East.)

7. Michigan (Replacing John Navarre and Chris Perry will be tough, but the Wolverines have arguably the top WR unit in the country with Braylon Edwards leading the way and a still solid offensive line and defense. Going to South Bend on September 11th could be a dangerous game because the Irish will throw everything into winning that game, and Matt Guiterrez could still be getting acclimated to the offense. Iowa may be tough as well because of past struggles against the Hawkeyes, and of course there's Ohio State. The Big Ten may have a down year this year, but Michigan probably looks like the bes team as of right now to win it.)

8. Florida State (A potential darkhorse, as the Seminoles have a team that could go all the way to the Orange Bowl, but Chris Rix has to play like a great QB. The game in Miami will tell the Seminoles season. A win could send them possibly to an undefeated record and the Orange Bowl, a loss makes it 6 stright losses to the Hurricanes and another season of what could've been.)

9. Texas (Same old story, Longhorns will feast on weak schedule, go to Dallas, get killed by Oklahoma, then head to the Holiday Bowl again.)

10. California (Another sleeper BCS pick, as Jeff Tedford is building something special in Berkeley. Aaron Rodgers is turning into a great QB. The USC game will be tough to win, but Cal could possibly go 10-1 and get into a BCS bowl with their schedule *if they go 10-1 and USC goes to the Orange Bowl, expect to see Cal get picked as an at-large team and sent to Pasadena on New Years' Day.)

2. Oklahoma (Still very good despite the last 2 games vs. K-State and LSU. It will be interesting to see how Jason White follows up on last season and how the defense plays now without Mike Stoops there as defensive coordinator.)

Jason White lost 15 pounds so he'd be in better shape and be able to take off if need be.

And they have Bo Pelini as co-defensive coordinator who was the mastermind behind Nebraska's defense that caused the most turnovers in the nation last season.

Just saying.....

Bumping so this doesn't fall off the page so might as well bring content. Here is the games you will all be picking from for Week 1. This should be the complete national television and ABC regional schedule for the first two weekends. This will probably be the most games you'll pick from for any week (23 total) as there are Sunday and Monday games as well because the NFL season won't kick off until the following week.

Please don't submit any picks yet, we'll hold that off until about a week before the USC/Va Tech game when I create the official topic for picks.

Saturday, August 28th

USC vs. Virginia Tech

Thursday, September 2nd

Texas A&M at Utah

Northwestern at TCU

Friday, September 3rd

Washington State at New Mexico

Saturday, September 4th

Miami of Ohio at Michigan

Bowling Green at Oklahoma

California at Air Force

Virginia at Temple

Michigan State at Rutgers

Oklahoma State at UCLA

Wake Forest at Clemson

Oregon State at LSU

Tulane at Mississippi State

Colorado State at Colorado

Toledo at Minnesota

Notre Dame at BYU

Sunday, September 5th

Syracuse at Purdue

Kentucky at Louisville

Fresno State at Washington

UNLV at Tennessee

Monday, September 6th

Nevada at Louisiana Tech

Pittsburgh at South Florida

Florida State at Miami

Just an FYI , I signed up with West Virginia as Loaded Boot but obviously have since changed to Loaded Glove.

If you piss off a mod, will it get changed to Coal Miner's Glove?

Bumping this for an update. I will be posting the Week 1 Pick Em' topic next Saturday, a week before the USC/Va Tech game. I wanted to give everyone a full week to make their picks to make sure that everyone who signed up is definently going to participate. A few rules updates:

1) The deadline for week 1 will be the kickoff of the USC/Va Tech game. All other weeks before championship week, the deadline will be every Saturday at Noon EST/9 am PST. Now there are games every week before Saturday but I will allow people to submit there picks up until then, just you obviously won't get points for the games that were already played.

2) If you do not submit your picks by the deadline, you forfeit that week. I'm not going to make picks for people or constantly have to PM people to get their picks in on time. You will get a 0 in points for and points against. The only exception might be Week 1 as if I don't receive picks from someone I will look into replacing them. There is one poster who was new to the board that hasn't posted in a while so I might have to replace them.

3) If you happen to be playing against someone who forfeited that week you will not be penalized in points against. The points against that week will be one point less than the number games you correctly picked. For example if you picked 15 games right, your points against for that week will be 14. This way playing a forfeited team will not hurt your BCS ranking.

4) If two teams playing each other forfeit in the same week, they both lose.

5) If someone knows that that they won't have internent access a particular week and can't make their picks, please let me know by PM and we'll work something out.

6) Tiebreakers: I orginally was going to go with three tiebreakers but have decided to go with four as I want to avoid ties at all costs. The first two tiebreakers again will be the two games that have the closest point spread as to deem them as the toughest games to pick that week. If both posters picked both games right, or wrong, then the 3rd tiebreaker will be a question of how many total points will be scored in a particular game (i.e. "How many points will be scored in the FSU/Miami game?"). If both pick the same number of points then it will go the 4th and final tiebreaker will be a question about how many yards a particular player will have that week (i.e."How many yards will Matt Leinart throw for?").

Feel free to ask any questions. Just 14 days until the college football season starts!