TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

What wrestling books...

I just finished The Brain's new wrestling book and I was thinking about how many wrestling books I have read. The only books I read are wrestling books, so which ones have you read?

I have read:

1. Mick Foley, Have A Nice Day

2. Mick Foley, Foley is Good

3. Pure Dynamite, Dynamite Kid's Biography

4. The Buzz on Professional Wrestling

5. Tonight in this Very Ring

6. Sex, Lies, and Headlocks, The Real Story of Vince McMahon

7. Classy Freddie Blassie's Biography

8. Hulk Hogan's Biography

9. In the Pit with Piper, Roddy Piper's Biography

10. Stone Cold's Biography

11. Positively Page, DDP's Biography

12. Bobby the Brain: Wrestling's Bad Boy Tells All

13. Bobby the Brain: Chairshots and Other Obstacles

14. Jerry Lawler's Biography

I think there is another, but I can't think of it off the top of my head. I just started Ric Flair's Biography, so that will be #15.

Guest Cultism Mask I

Both Foley books,Dynamite Kid's,Stone Cold's,Flair's, and both of The Brain's.

No offense, but saying that you just read wrestling books makes you sound kind of dumb. I wouldn't admit to that, but then again I'm proud that I'm an avid comic book reader...

Anyway, here's what I've read...

Mick Foley, Have A Nice Day and Foley is Good: The two best wrestling books I've read, hands down.

Sex, Lies, and Headlocks, The Real Story of Vince McMahon: Really interesting, there were a couple things I didn't know about, like how Turner acquired/built WCW. One thing that was annoying was a couple recurring mispelt names.

Hulk Hogan's Biography: All self congratulatory fluff.

Positively Page, DDP's Biography: An interesting book, but the weird format of it just being random quotes and horrendous spelling/grammar errors made it a chore.

Kurt Angle's autobio: I was very dissapointed with this one. Really boring.

The Hardys autobio: I liked this one a lot. Matt and Jeff came across as being really cool and likable.

The Rock's autobio: It was decent, but they should have done it later in his career when he would have more things of interest to discuss.

Goldberg's autobio: It was pretty well written, and you really get the opinion that he is only in wrestling for the money.

Foley, Have a Nice Day...great book of course

Foley, Foley is Good...good book, but not great

Angle's...outside of his Olympic stuff it's nothing special

DDP's book...sucked ass. Not worth the time.

Rock's book...not a good book. Too much in charcter.

Dynamite Kid...very good read. He's very full of himself and very bitter, but still a great story, although short.

Lawler's book...pretty good. Cries likea girl when it comes to Stacy though.

I'm reading Austin's book now, so far so good. And I bought Flair's book at work. I'll start that soon.

No offense, but saying that you just read wrestling books makes you sound kind of dumb. I wouldn't admit to that, but then again I'm proud that I'm an avid comic book reader...

I am not a big book reader. I don't like reading novels, and I can only read books that interest me. Wrestling books interest me, so I read them.

I am not a big book reader. I don't like reading novels, and I can only read books that interest me. Wrestling books interest me, so I read them.

Is wrestling the only thing that interests you? What novels have you read?

Try reading Song of Ice and Fire. I guarantee you'll be fixed.

Is wrestling the only thing that interests you? What novels have you read?

Try reading Song of Ice and Fire. I guarantee you'll be fixed.

No, wrestling isn't the only thing that interests me. I don't read that often, so when I finish one wrestling book, another is there for me to read. So I just read them, back to back to back.

I've read The Illiad, The Odyssey, The Stranger, and few others that Teachers/Professors assigned to read.

No, wrestling isn't the only thing that interests me. I don't read that often, so when I finish one wrestling book, another is there for me to read. So I just read them, back to back to back.

I've read The Illiad, The Odyssey, The Stranger, and few others that Teachers/Professors assigned to read.

It just sounds like a waste of time reading something like DDP's bio when you could be reading a really good book. I'm telling you, buy SoIoF. After you read that, you'll come to the conclusion that no movie, nothing on TV (not even Buffy!), or anything to do with wrestling can compare to what you can get out of a book.

I've read Have A Nice Day, Foley Is Good, Hollywood Hulk Hogan, The Rock Says and Pro Wrestling: From Carnivals to Cable TV. I liked the Foley books, disliked the Hogan book, found Rock's book to be uneven and when he swings into character it's disconcerting. Hogan's book was a waste and made me lose respect for Kevin J. Anderson(who I really liked as a Star Wars author at that point), and the Carnivals books was good, but too short and skips a lot of people. Also, it's take on puro is atrocious and acts as if Inoki, Baba, and Tiger Mask are the only superstars ever in puro. And he doesn't state that there are multiple Tiger Masks. If he had more space and he updated it(it ends with the death of Owen) it could be pretty darn good.

Have a Nice Day, Foley is Good, Tonight in this Very Ring, Hogan's book (Hulk Still Rules?), Can you Take the Heat? (still haven't cooked a damn thing), The Rock Says, Tributes, 100 Top Pro Wrestlers of All Time, The Stone Cold Truth, To Be The Man (reading that a second time right now) and possibly more (uh..all the PWI Almanacs, if those count as paperbacks).

Holy shit, that's a LOT more than I expected. I read other stuff too, not just wrestling material.

It just sounds like a waste of time reading something like DDP's bio when you could be reading a really good book. I'm telling you, buy SoIoF. After you read that, you'll come to the conclusion that no movie, nothing on TV (not even Buffy!), or anything to do with wrestling can compare to what you can get out of a book.

Oh I know DDP's bio was a waste of time.

I don't think reading the other books are a waste of time though. I like to know more about the wrestling world, so that is why I read wrestling books.

I am sure I would like that book, maybe someday I'll pick it up. But better than Buffy? I don't know...

Guest BrokenWings

Have A Nice Day - Mick Foley

Foley Is Good - Mick Foley

Broken Harts (The Life And Death Of Owen Hart) - Martha Hart

Stu Hart: Lord Of The Ring - Marsha Erb

Under The Mat - Diana Hart

The Rock Says... - Dwayne Johnson & Joe Layden

Pure Dynamite - Tom Billington

Bobby The Brain - Bobby Heenan & Steve Anderson

Chairshots and Other Obstacles - Bobby Hennan & Steve Anderson

Listen, You Pencil Neck Geeks - Freddie Blassie

Wow, that's more than I had expected...