TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DonWestMark03

Triple H

Guest bigm350
Who says Benoit needs to cut 'the money promo'? Couldn't Flair, or Jericho do that if he was feuding with either of them? If a good Benoit interview is that important, then bust out the old black screen interviews he did during his feud with Angle. They were pretty awesome.

What's wrong with a simple storyline? Jericho wins a shot, talks about respect for Benoit and the belt, Benoit and Jericho team together and try to one-up each other, Jericho gives interview talking about his and Benoit's history, and how Benoit has got the better of him on most occasions, they show clips of past matches and Jericho says he's learnt from them. Usual stuff follows where they tease turning on each other, then at a pay per view they tear the house down. Not much wrong with that.

That sounds like a damn good idea.

Who says Benoit needs to cut 'the money promo'? Couldn't Flair, or Jericho do that if he was feuding with either of them? If a good Benoit interview is that important, then bust out the old black screen interviews he did during his feud with Angle. They were pretty awesome.

What's wrong with a simple storyline? Jericho wins a shot, talks about respect for Benoit and the belt, Benoit and Jericho team together and try to one-up each other, Jericho gives interview talking about his and Benoit's history, and how Benoit has got the better of him on most occasions, they show clips of past matches and Jericho says he's learnt from them. Usual stuff follows where they tease turning on each other, then at a pay per view they tear the house down. Not much wrong with that.

Exactly.

Jericho/Benoit has enough history that fans will buy their feud without some big promo and Jericho's good enough on the mic to carry the majority of it anyway. HBK/Benoit builds itself, I think even a monkey could make that work despite neither guy being great on the mic. Christian/Benoit shouldn't really be carrying a show but if by some way that does happen then Christian's annoying enough on the mic that just Benoit attacking him would be enough. And I'm sure they can make Edge/Benoit work somehow.

But anyways am I the only who doesn't want to see Edge main eventing a PPV? Fuck I'd rather see Flair face Benoit for the title.

Guest Choken One

If you make Shawn a heel in a prolonged Benoit/HBK series, then shawn can bring the mic work because that was always his strongest suit, the cocky heel.

He doesn't have to be 1994 cocky but he can be so sure and full of himself and loaded with condescending arrogance that the fans just despise him. Simply, he needs to be himself.

But anyways am I the only who doesn't want to see Edge main eventing a PPV? Fuck I'd rather see Flair face Benoit for the title.

I agree with you, in my book Edge has never been over with fans and it'll be a waste of time to put him in the RAW main event scene when there're guys like Jericho or even Orton ready for the world championship level. If Edge is not in a tag team/wrestling against someone that could carry him then I truly don't give 2 shits about him.

I agree with you, in my book Edge has never been over with fans and it'll be a waste of time to put him in the RAW main event scene when there're guys like Jericho or even Orton ready for the world championship level. If Edge is not in a tag team/wrestling against someone that could carry him then I truly don't give 2 shits about him.

Edge has been over with the fans before- he got a huge pop Sunday when he won the title and has gotten big pops many times.

Guest NiTR0
Edge has been over with the fans before- he got a huge pop Sunday when he won the title and has gotten big pops many times.

Edge's pops are inconsistent, and Orton has been getting cheers anyway everywhere, so it weren't really suprising that Orton was getting cheered.

As for the Triple H business, I never really disliked him anyway, and this year I have seen an improvement, but not a vast one. Some of the reasons why he weren't good last year was that he was working with Steiner, Goldberg and Nash for the majority of the year, whilst this year he is facing Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit and Edge. There's a huge difference.

Guest Ray
I agree with you, in my book Edge has never been over with fans

Your book sucks. Edge was incredibly over in late 2002 before his injury. And it was already mentioned- he got a HUGE pop when he won the IC title.