TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

WWE Superstar out a year

Guest stylz

And imagine if his character's balls weren't cut off at the end of 1999?

I'm by no means the biggest fan of his work. The fact is the he's a pretty young guy who I've met and talked to before who's going down for some major surgery, and looking at some pretty serious rehab time. I hope all goes well and he has a full recovery.

J

Guest Staravenger
I wonder why he didn't go the Angle way and see Dr. Jho.

Give credit to Test for actually having a functional brain.

how so?

He's staying away longer, and getting the real surgery.

I wonder why he didn't go the Angle way and see Dr. Jho.

Give credit to Test for actually having a functional brain.

how so?

He's staying away longer, and getting the real surgery.

I probably missed the part where it screwed up on Angle

Guest Anglesault

What.

Here's the thing with test, if he doesn't have a manager he's basically screwed in the WWE. The WWE can't come up with anything for Test unless he's paired with someone, as in a corner person or manager. After Steph, he was forgotten for awhile, after Un-americans he was basically doing Heat duty, after the whole stacy thing, he was on Heat again. I'm surprised WWE has kept him around for this long even through he's been mainly on heat and have nothing to do with him after he doesn't have a manager or paired with someone.

Maybe because it's just the "in thing" to be a Test basher in the IWC.

J

Well, the man's been in the company since 1999 (1998, but it was December) and has had all of two good matches, a year and a half apart, with the last good match being over three years ago.

It's not like it's unwarranted.

What was that match? Shane was one, but I can't think of any in 2001. Eddie at Mania? Maybe Edge at SSeries?

Test was good in RTC and UnAmericans but pairing him with Stacy and Steiner killed his career.

Pairing him with Stacy got him the most heat he's had in years. Of course, it was all due to Stacy, and the heat disappeared when Stacy wasn't around, but it wasn't all bad for him.

Anyway, you don't want to see anyone get hurt, but losing Test for a year isn't a big deal.

Didn't he have a pretty good one with Jericho sometime?

Guest Dazed

Ah that's a shame. I don't even know which show Test is on these days.

Oh, and can you use a more descriptive thread title next time.

They tried to get him over. many times. All attempts failed. If when he comes back he gets another small push and that fails too, they should just release him.

Good Test matches?

Vs. Shane, SummerSlam '99 (haha, in hindsight, remember all the "Match of the Year!" arguments after the show?)

Vs. Eddie at WM 17 wasn't bad.

Don't include tag mans or certain 8-mans.

Guest stylz

What.

HHH stealing Steph at the alter with no retribution whatsoever killed Test. Up to that point he was a steadily improving rookie who was gaining acceptance from the fans. As a member of the Corporation and Union, he was working with main eventers and/or high carders. Started dating the owners daughter. Mowed through the Mean Street Posse (ok no biggie), beat and won acceptance from Shane (and Vince). Nearly beat HHH for the world title on Raw (Thought that was an entertaining match) and could've been in the main event at SS. And then BAM, got totally PUNKED by HHH and was booked to do absolutely NOTHING for revenge.

Like I said before I by no means am his biggest fan BUT I think he's a victim of the WWE's horrid booking of midcarders. He's out ONE YEAR to rehab and recover from a major surgery. Maybe its too much to ask some people to take the high road and show some respect.

J

Guest GreatOne
Nearly beat HHH for the world title on Raw (Thought that was an entertaining match) and could've been in the main event at SS.  And then BAM, got totally PUNKED by HHH and was booked to do absolutely NOTHING for revenge.

Maybe if he hadn't looked like just another midcarder taking up space during the whole thing I might agree.

You know sometimes the talent--a term used loosely here--can contribute to the storyline, a novel idea I know. They aren't robots.

What do you think Foley/Vader would have looked like if Foley hadn't given any input?

Guest Anglesault

What.

HHH stealing Steph at the alter with no retribution whatsoever killed Test. Up to that point he was a steadily improving rookie who was gaining acceptance from the fans. As a member of the Corporation and Union, he was working with main eventers and/or high carders. Started dating the owners daughter. Mowed through the Mean Street Posse (ok no biggie), beat and won acceptance from Shane (and Vince). Nearly beat HHH for the world title on Raw (Thought that was an entertaining match) and could've been in the main event at SS. And then BAM, got totally PUNKED by HHH and was booked to do absolutely NOTHING for revenge.

I fail to see how this made him put on bad match after bad match after bad match for the next four years.

Maybe its too much to ask some people to take the high road and show some respect.

Nobody's taking personal shots at him.

You obviously weren't around when Kevin Nash had his injury...

Yeah. I'd say, jokes aside, most feel he should take it easy, enjoy his guaranteed money , and not try to rush back to the ring. Basically the same thing we said about Angle.

Nash had built up a reputation by that time of being a wise ass who was looking forward to burying talent and getting a big push for no other reason than being WWF Champion (and nearly killing the company) in 1995. Then, right before he's about to get this massive push...he trips and tears his quad. So yeah, a good bit of people got some satisfaction out of it, even if it was kinda wrong.

Since Test wasn't personally heavily responsible for killing one promotion, nearly killing another, and being a gignormously lazy and egotistical ass, it's hard to hate him too much beyond the "he sucks and is getting a push he doesn't deserve" type of hate.

AS's mocking of him is really hardly any different than Foley's.