TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nogoodnick

Just bought NCAA Football

I just picked it up a few hours ago at Gamecrazy. The homefield advantage is awesome. I was Oregon and my friend was Oregon State and my home crowd was going crazy. The screen and controllers were shaking furiously. The gameplay is pretty similar to last year but it feels more realistic. No more cheap plays on 4th and 15. Matchup stick is pretty cool too. 9.5/10

Guest Flyboy

I hate you nogoodnick. I have to wait until tomorrw... gah.

EDIT: Well... today, but still.

My only complaint thus far was how much the composure stat affects plays. Chris Leak should be able to complete an 8 yard out, whether hes shaken up or not.

Nogood you know that the Gamecrazy that you picked up your game is going to hold a tournament on NCAA on Saturday at 1:00. Get a membership card and play, basically this the rules

1. you pick your team

2. employee flips a coin to see who gets home field

3. 2 minute quarters

4. person with the most points win.

Go play and win. I already know their holding it because all Gamecrazys should be holding it at the same time.

The GameCrazy thing sounds like a nationwide tourney so maybe I can enter and save face after getting owned in the Fight Night tournament by a 13-year-old.

First game I played was Sacramento St. (1AA) vs OU in Memorial Stadium. Good god, the shaking, the shaking...

The only thing I have against it so far is that if you play without the announce team, you get the stadium PA announcer, who sounds really bad when he enters enthusiastic mode after a big play ("Number 22 on the the carry...GAIN OF 15 YARDS~!")

In my dynasty mode as Sacramento State, I suspended my top WR for two games for "having improper relations with a female booster" and lost my top CB for 12 weeks with a torn pectoral in a matter of two weeks. My top players only have 68 ratings. Damn, this is going to be a long first year.

Anybody else testing out the Dynasty mode?

Guest Ether

I'm planning on getting it today. I've been looking forward to it since it was announced that it will be compatable on Xbox Live.

The gameplay is pretty similar to last year but feels more realistic.

How realistic is the passing? My biggest beef with 2003 (I didn't get 2004) was that it was usually easier to complete a pass 30 yards downfield into triple coverage than it would be to complete a 5 yard pass or a dump off to a wide open receiver or back.

Anybody else trying the Dynasty mode?

I'll probably take Pitt for a season or two, then try a new one using a really bad team. I had a lot of fun in 2003 building up Harvard.

The only problem that I end up having with Dynasty is that I my team eventually becomes too good. It becomes a problem you want to play someone else a you use a regular team, which is suddenly a lot different from the team that you have just played 40 games in a row with.

Got it yesterday and played it last night after work. Jumped right into create-a-school (for my DIII days) and then onto a dynasty. I made my school an academic, because I really didn't feel like trying to build it up from a upcake. Maybe when I get a better feel for it.

Anyway, before my first game in week 2, my starting FS gets into a scuffle in practice. I lower his suspension from 2 games to 1 game, getting the NCAA a bit more interested in little 'ol me. I then go out and punk Sam Houston State 34-0 with my QB throwing for 280 yards and 2 TD's. My FB scored a touch as did my HB, with my kicker (the highest rated guy on the team at 65 :D ) getting 2 FGs for good measure.

The pump-up feature isn't too much right now since no one goes to my games, but the matchup stick has been pretty handy so far. I'll post updates when I remember. It's a schedule fairly heavy on IAA schools so I should end up with a pretty decent record.

I am shocked they actually have player violations and probation now on the game as I thought those would be features the NCAA would never allow to be put in a game they liscensed. I'll probably buy it this weekend and I'm sooooooooo playing as Florida State in dynasty to see half my roster get suspended.

I'm playing as UNCW(created 1 star cupcake school) in dynasty mode. My highest rated player is a 65. I put them in the ACC, replacing Clemson, as usual. Except I forgot that Miami is in the ACC this year. Shiiiiiiit, it's gonna be hard to improve in there. I get NO help from my O-Line, and my punter's longest punt of the season is 27 yards.

It's gonna be a LONG year.

I lost my first two games to Wake Forest and Georgia Tech by a combined score of 111-6. Yep. LONG year.

But then, I somehow manage to get a win! 23-20, in triple OT. But it's only against Navy, so it at least means my team isn't complete shit. Just 99% shit.

Next game of the season is an away game against Florida State. They go up early 14-0 in the first. On my next drive though, the guys somehow stay somewhat composed in the #14 toughest place to play, convert on TWO fourth downs, and actually score a TD! .....and then the XBox gives me a Dirty Disc Error. Motherfucker.

Guest bigm350

I thought NCAA Football 2004 was superior than Madden 2004 in almost every way. 2005 sounds like the same deal.

Im 4 games in with my dynasy at Oregon. 3-1 losing only to Oklahoma on the road. I suspended my QB Clemens for the game against Idaho and ended up playing 3 different QBs including Ryan Leafs bro. He did pretty good actually. My recievers cant catch shit but my HBs are pretty good. I can play real good defense but my offense right now is pretty bad. Aside from losing to OK by 21 Ive had 3 shutout victories. My players keep fucking around and I have to discipleine them constantly.

NCAA 2005 only $37 at Frys. Just saw it in the paper. I bought mine with trade in credit from the Circuit City sale so it ended up costing me $20. But $37 is an awesome deal anyways.

Guest GreatOne

Ah memories, memories, memories. Playing Wazzu in dynasty on NCAA 02:

2001: 10-2 Sun Bowl champs (just like for real, only I lost to UCLA, beat UW and Colorado (game that was lost due to 911), and beat Penn State in the Sun Bowl

2002: Undefeated 12-0 baby! Including two wins over Ohio State (14-11 in Columbus and 30-7 in the Rose Bowl) thank you :headbang:

2003: With a true freshman starting QB (I think Kegel threw all of 10 passes), I went 10-3 and beat Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl (lost to Oregon State on a crappy non-fumble, but beat UW)

2004: "Settled" for 7-5 and my third trip to El Paso in four seasons and lost to Penn State

2005: Won the Pac 10 at 8-3 (6-2) in a weak year--I think four teams tied at 5-3 and like 7-4 or 8-3, beat #5 Illinois in the Rose Bowl. Despite the "upset" I still just barely got into the final top 25, WTF?

2006: The bottom dropped out as I fell to 4-7 (only 1-7 in the Pac 10)

In 2003, I played with Wazzu for a few years, AND FUCKING GOT FIRED because I "only" went to the Rose Bowl once. Are we finally climbing the ladder? Then I drifted to FSU and won the ACC a couple times before getting bored. I didn't even bother with it last year.

I just sold my Gamecube, so I have to wait till next month to get it for PC. I think I might wait and ask for it and Madden for my birthday.

Well I had a few good reasons; I needed the money, I barely played it anyway, I like computer games anyway and they are cheaper.

I thought most games came out on PC anyway. But if I had GC, I wouldn't be able to get the next Grand Theft Auto for it.

Just a quick question. I ordered the game last Sunday via the EA Sports web store. I did not get a confirmation e-mail. When (or if) should I expect to get the game?

Thanks for any help.

'nogoodnick' and 'IKCoolJew' = OWNED by yours truly during the 2003-2004 season.

Can't wait to place an ass-whuppin' on you folks this time around...with Hawaii, of course.

I never got to complete my "Win a National Title with a team from every conference" task on NCAA 2004 since I didn't get it until very recently.

I did however capture gold with OU and Michigan. I was going for it with Arkansas. Made it to a bowl my first season and then lost interest......

Just a quick question. I ordered the game last Sunday via the EA Sports web store. I did not get a confirmation e-mail. When (or if) should I expect to get the game?

Thanks for any help.

E-Mail EA Sports or if there is a number at the website, give it a call.

'nogoodnick' and 'IKCoolJew' = OWNED by yours truly during the 2003-2004 season.

Can't wait to place an ass-whuppin' on you folks this time around...with Hawaii, of course.

BITCH PLEASE... I dominated our match-ups. Sure, you had some controller-smashingly good victories peppered amongst our frays, but Chance Harridge and the Air Force Falcons owned your Island Ass. ;)

17 pts Clayton. 17. You remember the game. We are gonna play everyday next year and your going down.

Also I think Ian won about 70% of the time against Hawaii because Timmy chang sucked.

The new features seem pretty nice, but this game is a lot harder than I remember last year's being... It probably doesn't help that my alma mater, Ohio University, absolutely fucking sucks in this game. I know full well we've had a shitty team in real life, but at least in past years, I was able to get them out of the cellar on the game. This year is gonna be a bitch.

One thing that I thought was awesome was when my friend was playing at Florida... He was playing at Florida and he scored a TD. He then did the extreme celebration by the player. That player then mocked the crowd with a 'gator chomp' arm motion, followed by a big throat slash or something like that. Flagged 15 yds but SO worth it.

I gotta get live so I can whoop the crap outta you all.