TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

Alcoholic Beverage you drink

Guest Vitamin X
We picked up this beer from the Sunflower Market a few months back called Nautica, and it was $3 for a 24 pack. Normally with beer, the more you drink, the better they taste, but this had the opposite effect. The first beer was good, then they became progressively horrible. My buddy and I sat there and drank all of them, though, because we spent $3 on them and were going to drink them out of spite.

I've never been so sick in my life.

I find it to be quite the opposite. Natural Ice (The NAUGHTY ICE~) tastes worse and worse as you drink more of it, as with Coors Light. Miller is the only beer I've found that can remain consistent with its taste, which varies from alright (MGD) to great (High Life).

Nothing like Coronas, Rolling Rocks, and Mickey's for my money when it comes to beer after Naughty Ice starts tasting terrible. Liquor-wise, I've always been a big fan of screwdrivers since I was young, we had a tradition of buying one of those almost 2 liter bottles of Popov Vodka and using the sunny d in the fridge sparingly to give it a bit of flavor, and chase up our shots with a 40 of something or other.

I have built a collection up of hard alcohol, by looking for bargains in the big outlet beverage stores. You can usually by gift sets of various alcohols which incude the liter bottle, a souvinier glass, and a little stir spoon, for cheaper then it would cost just for the bottle of alcohol from a grocery store.

I just bought a Liter of Cinnamon Vodka for $5 from the liquour store. It was that cheap because I guess Stoli is discontinuing that size for the cinnamon stuff, so they are trying to clear the shelves of it. I personally have no use for Cinnamon vodka, but my girlfriend and her friends in their skimpy clothes will get plenty of play out of it, hehehehehe.

Lately, I have been taking the cheap road, and every friday after work I pick up two 40oz's of Mickeys from the liquor store.

When I was younger I would drink harder alcohol like it was beer, but as I am getting older I almost don't feel right spending $25 on a bottle of liquor and just plastering my way through it in one night, I mean sure it gets you drunk, but then it is gone and it is another $20+ you have to spend. Now I mostly drink beer, and slowly build up my hard alcohol collection, and will have a drink or two to SUPPLEMENT my beer.

I try to save the hard alcohol for special occassions, like the midnight horror movie film festivals they have downtown :)

I did the Century Club with Natural Light, so I can attest that it only tasted worse the more I drank. For awhile I thought I wasn't going to finish, the taste was so bad.

Natty-Ice is wretched.

Holy shit, I couldn't tell you how many fucked up things have happened on Natty Century clubs... that just brought back some memories.

Does anyone know what drinking Natty and having sex on a raft have in common?

They are both fucking close to water.

A friend once "forced" (aka gave for free) me to down a couple of huge shots of Goldschlager. Never again, I swear.

You're all mystifying me again. Even girls can hold their Goldschlager.

True that. When I was younger, I would just fill bathroom cups of it and drink on my friend's porch. True, it meant a drunken night, but I don't recall ever smashing anything or puking.

Try this one next time you're at a bar........Jager and Goldschlager combined in a shot......I forget what the fuck it is called, but it is good.

Try this one next time you're at a bar........Jager and Goldschlager combined in a shot......I forget what the fuck it is called, but it is good.

Fuck a bar. I layer them on my own. Delicious.

I'm a bit anti-bar after spending a month amidst the outlandish prices of London, which, after playing with the exchange rate, run upwards of $8 for a double of Goldschlager. It's pints or poverty over there, as far as I'm concerned.

Guest HungryJack

Centurions are awesome, I fully recommend you try doing one with Guinness.

Guest Sturgis
Irish Car Bomb - Half Pint of Guiness, pour a shot of whiskey into a shot glass, top it off with Baileys, drop the shot into the Guiness and chug.....

It doesn't take many of those to get you nice and crazy.

These really are the best things.

Gotta love the car bomb.

However last night, I went to a bar where the drinks were 50 cents (and Beetlejuice from Howard Stern appeared) and decided to break my #1 rule: Never mix liquors.

I went from Vodka and Cranberry to Gin and Tonics to Jack and Cokes to Kamikazes, but amazingly, as I sit here getting ready to go to a job fair, I feel fucking outstanding. And I was trying to punish myself. What gives?

Sturgis Wisdom: If you drink alot and don't get a hangover, somebody that didn't drink at all got it.

Always been true.

Funny little story: My friend once drank THREE count'em THREE, MIKE'S HARD LEMONADE'S, and was PLASTERD.

Guest Retro Rob
Now I mostly drink beer, and slowly build up my hard alcohol collection, and will have a drink or two to SUPPLEMENT my beer.

I try to save the hard alcohol for special occassions, like the midnight horror movie film festivals they have downtown

I'm the same exact way. I'll drink beer pretty much whenever, maybe take a few shots before just to get the night rolling a little quicker. But only on special occasions will I only drink hard liquor.

Guest Retro Rob
Funny little story: My friend once drank THREE count'em THREE, MIKE'S HARD LEMONADE'S, and was PLASTERD.

I think all of us know people like that. My friend who is 6'4'', weighs probably 240, will be wasted off 3 or 4 beers. Then again, I know a 95lb girl who can drink past 10 and be about equal to him.

how the hell do you layer drinks? Whenever I try they just end up mixing together........is there some special technique? Someone told me pouring the liqour over the back of a spoon helps.

Guest croweater

it's not really hard, you just kinda dribble the less dense liquid down the side of the glass after you have poured the more dense liquid in. A spoon isn't really necessary but if you lean it against the glass on an angle face down and dribble it on the spoon it will go down the glass and have the same effect

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I won't even do that. Beer is a waste of money that makes me vomit and piss profusely every time I drink it.

Century Club? 100 beers in a day, I'm guessing? Must be some eastern college thing. That's called a "Saturday" around these parts.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

What about when I say it? Also, Goldschlager/Jagermeister is called a "Jagerschlager" or alternatively a "Starry Night."

Fosters and Strongbow cider mixed, its quite nice but makes me kind sexually aggresive. Also cheap white cider and orange squash guarantees a good night out.

However the absloute worst is a £5.99 bottle of aldis vodka, tastes like nail polish remover. Not nice.

Also, Goldschlager/Jagermeister is called a "Jagerschlager" or alternatively a "Starry Night."

"Oil Spill recipe

3/4 shot Goldschlager

1/4 shot Jagermeister

Carefully layer jagermeister on top of the goldschlager in a shot glass.

41% (82 proof)

Serve in: Shot Glass"

I know I have heard it called something other then this or "Starry Night" but I can't put my goddamn finger on it........must have something to do with all the drinking.

Century Club? 100 beers in a day, I'm guessing? Must be some eastern college thing. That's called a "Saturday" around these parts.

One hundred shots in one hundred minutes, which works out roughly to 8.5 beers in one hour and four minutes.

I just don't understand how some people don't like beer. The very best—Guinness, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, etc.—simply taste delicious. That enough of it gets you drunk is gravy.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Shots of beer? Oh fuck off.

Edit: That's called SIPPING.

Guiness, when ice cold, is absolutely great. Another beer that I've found myself fond of is Fat Tire, and if it comes down to it, Miller High Life is very tasty as well.

Guest Retro Rob
One hundred shots in one hundred minutes, which works out roughly to 8.5 beers in one hour and four minutes.

That's meant to be a challenge??

I also don't understand how someone can't like beer, especially when you have the good stuff.

Actually Century Club equates to 12.5 beers in 1 hour, 40 minutes.

And I don't care how well you can handle your alcohol, you will be thoroughly plowed without question. Even trying to hold all that liquid down is tough, as I've seen people puke before the twenty minute mark.

I can attest to the Century Club making people ridiculously drunk. I am a notorious fucking load, usually getting drunk at least 5 of 7 nights a week, and the Club had me feeling pretty fucked up. Hell, it even had my 6"4 330 pound friend Chief all giggly like a 16 year old chick after one Smirnoff Ice.

Not that I try to get 16 year olds drunk or anything........

Actually Century Club equates to 12.5 beers in 1 hour, 40 minutes.

And I don't care how well you can handle your alcohol, you will be thoroughly plowed without question.  Even trying to hold all that liquid down is tough, as I've seen people puke before the twenty minute mark.

I don't think it's that much beer, but I'm too lazy too argue this further.

And yeah, Century Club gets you fucked up. Those who doubt should try.

it's not really hard, you just kinda dribble the less dense liquid down the side of the glass after you have poured the more dense liquid in. A spoon isn't really necessary but if you lean it against the glass on an angle face down and dribble it on the spoon it will go down the glass and have the same effect

It really helps if you have one of the little spigots that bars use on their liquor bottles. Then, yeah, drizzle them down the side in order of density and be amazed. I really enjoying layering Jager, blue curacao, and a good vodka in a double shot glass. It's delicious, purty, and occasionally you get the tinest flecks of black or blue darting around in the vodka.

I don't think it's that much beer, but I'm too lazy too argue this further.

And yeah, Century Club gets you fucked up. Those who doubt should try.

I think it's much closer to the 9 guess, though it depends on the shot glass. I just sip from the can anyway. Century Club is tricky, but its briefer brother, the Power Hour, can usually be managed pretty easily.

Two people can do Century Club with two twelve packs (which is what we did) and still have beer leftover; plus, we poured more than a shot's worth a number of times, so twelve beers per person does not compute.

Guest Vitamin X

And what's the Power Hour? I can't imagine the effort required in pouring 100 shots. I need something that'll work faster.

And what's the Power Hour? I can't imagine the effort required in pouring 100 shots. I need something that'll work faster.

Power Hour is supposed to be a shot of beer every minute for an hour. 5 beers in an hour isn't all that rediculous, but I always found when doing a power hour you don't want to wait every minute for a sip, so you drink in between. It usually ends up with the person drinking a 12 pack in an hour, which will start the night out right.