TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Fantastic Four Cast...

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - After her belly-baring role in 2003's "Honey," Jessica Alba will be showing much less of herself in her next project.

The 23-year-old has landed the part of Invisible Girl, a woman with the ability to disappear, in 20th Century Fox's comic book adaptation "Fantastic Four," according to The Hollywood Reporter.

She completes the cast that includes "The Shield's" Michael Chiklis, "King Arthur's" Ioan Gruffudd and Chris Evans. They comprise the titular foursome who develops strange powers after being exposed cosmic radiation while aboard a spaceship.

Reed "Mr. Fantastic" Richards (Gruffudd) can bend or elongate any body part, Johnny Storm (Evans), aka The Human Torch can bend fire to his will, including bursting his body into flame, and Ben "The Thing" Grimm (Chiklis) is a rocky misshapen monster with tremendous strength and a tender heart.

"Barbershop" director Tim Story will helm the project, which is aiming for a summer 2005 release.

Alba recently wrapped the scuba diving drama "Into the Blue" and has a role in Robert Rodriguez's upcoming ensemble adaptation of popular graphic novel "Sin City."

The cast is full now:

Michael Chiklis .... Ben Grimm/The Thing

Chris Evans .... Johnny Storm/The Human Torch

Ioan Gruffudd .... Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic

Jessica Alba .... Sue Storm/Invisible Girl

Ioan Gruffudd is the only guy I haven't heard of, is he any good?

My question...I was never really big into the fantastic four. But wasn't the invisible chick...an older lady? Sort of like a motherly type figure you could say?

And I have to say...Alba will probaly look weird with blond hair, if they go fully blond. Although she'll still be hott.

Alba is a good pick. Storywise, Sue is ten years younger than Reed. Reen and Ben are the same age, and Johnny is like three or four years loder than Sue.

I hope they decide to go with the Baxter Building. I never liked Four Freedoms Plaza. Odds are that Stan Lee will end up being Willie Lumpkin, the FF'S mailman.

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - After her belly-baring role in 2003's "Honey," Jessica Alba will be showing much less of herself in her next project.

The 23-year-old has landed the part of Invisible Girl, a woman with the ability to disappear, in 20th Century Fox's comic book adaptation "Fantastic Four," according to The Hollywood Reporter.

She completes the cast that includes "The Shield's" Michael Chiklis, "King Arthur's" Ioan Gruffudd and Chris Evans. They comprise the titular foursome who develops strange powers after being exposed cosmic radiation while aboard a spaceship.

Reed "Mr. Fantastic" Richards (Gruffudd) can bend or elongate any body part, Johnny Storm (Evans), aka The Human Torch can bend fire to his will, including bursting his body into flame, and Ben "The Thing" Grimm (Chiklis) is a rocky misshapen monster with tremendous strength and a tender heart.

"Barbershop" director Tim Story will helm the project, which is aiming for a summer 2005 release.

Alba recently wrapped the scuba diving drama "Into the Blue" and has a role in Robert Rodriguez's upcoming ensemble adaptation of popular graphic novel "Sin City."

The cast is full now:

Gruffudd was pretty good as Horatio Hornblower in the "Horatio Hornblower" movies on A & E, but those are the only movies I've ever seen him in.

Whoa, they're coming out with a Sin City Movie.

And that doesn't sound like that bad of a cast, hopefully the story is pretty good.

Oh, Sin City will be f'n great. Rodriguez has put together a stellar cast for the various stories. AND he withdrew from the Director's Guild specifically so that Frank Miller could get a co-director's credit (and supposedly Tarantino will direct a segment as well).

Johnny's younger than Sue Stornm btw. Age-wise he'd be a couple of years older than Peter Parker.

Just so you know that the IWC isn't the only place where people bitch and moan about things, check out the Newsarama boards where they apparently hate Jessica Alba, Tim Story, Roger Corman and anything to do with this movie.

Very legitimate concerns all.

Roger Corman did the crappy original F4 movie, though, right? What's he got to do with this one?

Tim Story's only directorial feature is "Barbershop". Simon Kinberg has never written a feature film, although he has done "production rewrites" on films like the vaccuous "Charlies Angels II: Full Throttle" and the laughable "Catwoman".

I am enthusiastic about the cast, as Chiklis and Gruffudd are both proven character actors of high caliber. But given the "creative minds" at the helm, his film has the potential to be the Hindenberg of comic book films.

Why don't film companies recognize that the success of movies like Spider-Man and X-Men is due to well-established talents behind the camera who have genuine affection and respect for the source material, paired with actors in front of the camera who have proven their ability to provide a human touch? When these two essential components are lacking, you end up with unsuccessful tripe like "The Punisher" or the "Captain America" movie where the Red Skull was italian (?!?).

*gasp* Look at all that unwarranted bitching. They need to be more positive, you know.

Roger Corman did the crappy original F4 movie, though, right? What's he got to do with this one?

Absolutely nothing. But he did do the never-seen movie (created on a severe shoestring to protect the rights to the property). The point was that internet comics fans like complaining about stuff as much as internet wrestling fans. If it's not close to Lee and Kirby's story, they're gonna be upset about it.

*gasp* Look at all that unwarranted bitching.  They need to be more positive, you know.

I wasn't saying that people didn't have good arguments, but it's stuff like "hey Alba's not a blonde, therefore this will suck" that really irritates me. Especially since these are the same people that will praise this movie once it comes out.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

The cast is full now:

I actually think they'll be casting more then four people for this movie.

Absolutely nothing. But he did do the never-seen movie (created on a severe shoestring to protect the rights to the property). The point was that internet comics fans like complaining about stuff as much as internet wrestling fans. If it's not close to Lee and Kirby's story, they're gonna be upset about it.

Not necessarily. Raimi changed both small and major elements to the Spider-Man character and original plot. Only the most anal and obsessive fans have even batted an eye over it.

If the changes made are sensible seem to be made with a respect for the source material in mind, I don't think you'll see much complaining.

I wasn't saying that people didn't have good arguments, but it's stuff like "hey Alba's not a blonde, therefore this will suck" that really irritates me. Especially since these are the same people that will praise this movie once it comes out.

That was in the vast minority, however stuff such as the resemblance, her "brother" looking absolutely nothing like her, and so forth seemed to be perfectly relevant.

Most of it was somewhat positive, although the track record of some of those involved produced some doubts and concerns. A director who only did "Barber Shop" working on a comic-book action movie...yeah, I could see being worried about it.

Sue Storm started out as the Invisible Girl...before growing up, marriage, child birth, etc.

It would be more accurate to say she was simply "kidnapped for the first 15 years or so of the comic." ;)

Although she was still more mature than Johnny was in those early comics so you've both got a point.