TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

WWE News & Notes from the 7/19 Observer

Guest Rrrsh

"The Dudleys were scolded by agents this past weekend for spending too much time yelling at the crowd as heels. They went back to a lot of the ECW stuff that they could get away with (obviously with cleaner language)."

That is, by far, THE BEST PART of the Dudleyz. Thats the only thing that makes them unique from any heel team in the history of time. Thats it.

DAMN YOU VINCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish Gail Kim's injury would help them see that implants are not DESIGNED to be abused like this.

They almost never look good anyways.

I wish Gail Kim's injury would help them see that implants are not DESIGNED to be abused like this.

They almost never look good anyways.

Bah, she didn't need them anyways. Plus I don't see why the women's division should have a smaller wrestler that would have to limit her bumping.

She's a heel anyway, will probably stay that way, and won't be pushed as a glamour girl.

It makes even less sense than giving Spike Dudley fake boobs.

Guest TigerDriver91

Since Kane is now a diva, does that mean he gets breast implants next?

The HHH fitness and bodybuilding book will be written by Robert Caprio. Mark Madden was pushing to get that slot.

Are they serious? I wouldn't trust Mark Madden to write a book on fitness and bodybuilding.

There was even a debate started in the paper (by Don Callis, who wrote one of the many preview stories) over whether Jericho was the most famous world-wide entertainer from Winnipeg (the other candidates would be "Let's Make a Deal" host Monty Hall and Vegas magician Burton Cummings.

I found this really funny, because Burton Cummings is not a magician; he is the lead singer of the Guess Who (a Canadian rock band, for those of you who are not in the proverbial loop).

Guest combat_rock

They did "American Woman", right? Before Lenny Kravitz.

Anyway, that thing about the Dudleyz is stupid. I guess they want the Dudleys to keep getting the pops so that they can say that the Paul London/Billy Kidman push wasn't going over....

I honestly swear they set out to sabatoge some people.

Guest TigerDriver91
I honestly swear they set out to sabatoge some people.

That is certainly something that doesn't surprise me anymore with WWE.

Guest MikeSC
"The Dudleys were scolded by agents this past weekend for spending too much time yelling at the crowd as heels. They went back to a lot of the ECW stuff that they could get away with (obviously with cleaner language)."

That is, by far, THE BEST PART of the Dudleyz. Thats the only thing that makes them unique from any heel team in the history of time. Thats it.

DAMN YOU VINCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good lord, they'd go on for 20 minutes at a time in ECW. It would be best to tone that crap down.

-=Mike

Remember how in ECW, Rob Van Dam used to point at himself and taunt after EVERY move he did?

I think that's what happened here. I don't think the agents were telling the Dudleys to stop yelling at fans altogether, but the Duds were probably focused more here on getting heat than working the match.

It's funny how Hogan makes himself get into the news when he hasn't wrestled in North America in about a year. The guy is real character!!!

So, is the house show circuit reaching 1995 Diesel records?

The OVW 6/18 show at Six Flags headlined by Kane vs. Matt Morgan drew 1,250 fans, which was the best of their three shows this year, meaning Kane as top attraction outdrew Chris Benoit and Mick Foley

Matt Morgan Push: Take 2.

Can someone clue me in on the Foley thing? I thought he only wrestled like 3 matches with WWE. The WM XX Tag, Backlash vs. Orton, and the RAW 8-Man Tag. I didn't think he was working house shows/whatevers.

OVW runs about 6 "big" shows at the Six Flags theme park in Louisville, and brings in a "big name" or two from the WWE usually, but not always. Foley comes every year regardless of his WWE status, and I believe he's booked independent of any WWE involvement. He only cut a promo in the ring and was special ref for the main event. A pretty sweet deal for him as he can get some roller coaster time in (if you've read his books, you know he's a HUGE coaster fan) and do some wrestling.

Usually the ex-SMW wrestlers come every year (Foley, Kane, Jericho). Benoit comes regularly too, as do the ex-OVW wrestlers (Cena, Bashams, Rico, Orton, etc.). Eddy was supposed to wrestle a week ago but the show got rained out. Cena's booked against Matt Morgan for the show next Saturday.

basically that reads "a heel tag team were trying to get some heel heat, but were told not to."

no wonder smackdown is the shits right now.

Guest Trivia247

So Mordecai has left us after all the bullshit and time they wasted promoting him and threw cruiserweights to give him credibility. Kevin just couldn't hack the spotlight. Doesn't mean they kill the gimmick. Unless unbeknowst to us the WWE was getting legal headaches from Christian groups telling them to kill the gimmick, similiar to Friar Fergasison (sp).

What may be huge good news for the company would be if the Great American Bash numbers come in as tracking. We heard preliminary estimates for the show at 250,000 to 275,000 buys, which would be a rare buy rate that shocked the hell out of me, as I was expecting more like 185,000. WWE will be releasing the number over the next week. If they can hit 250,000 buys on Vengeance as well, it almost guarantees them pushing more PPV shows in 2005. JBL would be thrilled as well, since he'd have gone way up for a rematch, and on WWE PPV shows, usually the rematch, unless it's got a heavy stipulation, goes down from the first one.

The world has gone completely crazy