TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
benoit4hor

WWE DVD's

So I was thinking of getting about 3 WWE DVD's (Wrestler, not ppv) Which are the top 3 I should get?

And since I started a thread, why not rank the wrestler DVD's from best to worst.

I was thinking Flair, Benoit, Brock.

Guest ArchoanJB

Flair and soon be Beniot yes, go for. Brocks is awful though, don't go for that.

Your best best is probably Mick Foley's newest DVD or if your a Shawn Michaels fan, his one from last year.

1. Flair's

2. Beniots (as of Tuesday)

3. Foley's

4. Shawn Michaels From the Vault

5. Uhh Rey 619 I guess

6. Hulk Still Rules or whatever

after that it gets kinda hard to rate them as most of the other ones have mostly rehashed PPV matches with nothing special to offer

Guest bigm350

Flair's, Foley's, and HBK's. But Benoit's should jump past Foley's and HBK's; maybe even past Flair's.

Thanks.

The reason I was wanting Brock's was because the only matches I have ever seen from him are his early RAW stuff and the Goldberg match.

I was thinking of getting the Monday Night Wars but decided that since I have just about every thing important that happened from Nitro & RAW during 95/99 on VHS there really isn't any point.

Guest bigm350
Thanks.

The reason I was wanting Brock's was because the only matches I have ever seen from him are his early RAW stuff and the Goldberg match.

I was thinking of getting the Monday Night Wars but decided that since I have just about every thing important that happened from Nitro & RAW during 95/99 on VHS there really isn't any point.

Yeah, I wouldn't get Monday Night Wars if you have all the Raws and Nitros from that period. But I thought it was a pretty good DVD.

Guest bigm350
Surprised at the lack of love for Rey's DVD.

Damn, I forgot about that! Replace HBK's with Mysterio's.

Ultimate Ric Flair Collection

From the Vault: Shawn Michaels

Mick Foley's Greatest Hits & Misses

Benoit's looks to be awesome from next week on. Rey Mysterio 619 is pretty good, too. And I also liked The Rock's Just Bring It (CE) and Stone Cold's What??

Rey Mysterio's feature sucked! Damn you Albert! Damn you to Hell!

Flair, HBK, HHH -- the evolution of wrestling. Watch Shawn and Hunter emulate their hero as they pay tribute to Flair by doing the trademark moves of the corner spot, bleeding in cage matches, and the classic Flair Flop.

What matches are all on Foleys DVD? I might pick it up.

Mind Games w/ Shawn

Royal Rumble w/ Trips

Beach Blast w/ Sting

OTE w/ Austin

KOTR w/ Taker

His first title win over Rocky

vs Terry Funk from Raw

Cactus Jack against Trips from Raw in 97

Vs Sabu in Germany

w/ Maxx Payne vs Nasty Boys from Spring Stampede

Cactus and Raven vs Funk and Dreamer

Full, unedited match with Vader on SN

Against Sabu at HCS

Sandman in a TDM

Vs Candido in SMW

Vs Mikey Whipwreck in Mick's last ECW Match

Mick's WWF debut as 'Jack' Foley

The 'Cane Dewey' Promo

A ton of other promos, vignettes, etc

Just an awesome DVD.

Definitely an excellent DVD (Foley). Watching his anti-hardcore promo I think I heard the best line ever said in a promo. when he flips out over the fans chanting "You fucked up!" I was astonished. It made so much sense yet was so short and simple. AWESOME.

Yeah, it's to do with JT Smith's injury, I think.

I prefer when he breaks into laughter after the 'You'll be saving my soul' bit, in regards to Tommy Dreamer. That's awesome.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

There's an HHH DVD called "That Damn Good" that has one of the strongest match lists I've ever seen on a DVD.

Buy Flair and Benoit, and hold out and get the Bret DVD later. Why? Because who wouldn't want Survivor Series 96 and Wrestlemania 13 and the Canadian Stampeede 10-man in DVD quality?

Guest Staravenger

The Ric Flair Ultimate Collection

Mick Foley's Greatest Hits & Disses

Bloodbaths: The Most Incredible Steel Cage Matches

Honorary Mentions: Hulk Still Rules (some rare matches, but not good match quality), HBK From The Vault (lots of extras, only 7 matches though)

619 is a waste I think. The documentary or whatever sucked, and has WAY too much Albert. The bonus matches aren't that special, as it's mainly WCW PPV matches and a few WWE matches.

There's an HHH DVD called "That Damn Good" that has one of the strongest match lists I've ever seen on a DVD.

The Best Buy exclusive?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

The Best Buy exclusive?

Yes, if that's the one that had the 2/3 match with SCSA at NWO 01.

I have that DVD, and love it, also.

The Ric Flair Ultimate Collection

Mick Foley's Greatest Hits & Disses

Bloodbaths: The Most Incredible Steel Cage Matches

Honorary Mentions: Hulk Still Rules (some rare matches, but not good match quality), HBK From The Vault (lots of extras, only 7 matches though)

619 is a waste I think. The documentary or whatever sucked, and has WAY too much Albert. The bonus matches aren't that special, as it's mainly WCW PPV matches and a few WWE matches.

Are you smoking? Rey/Psicosis and Eddie/Rey rule beyond belief. The original Malenko match is really good, and the triple threat from WWE is great fun as well. Rey/Chavo and Rey/Angle are both really good tv matches (better than I remembered, actually). The other Malenko match is pretty good, the Noble match is pointless and way quick but still okay (for a 2 minute match). The 6 man is decent, but I can't get into Lucha Rules too much. The Jericho match is a joke, and I don't why they put that on there. Still, considering there's only one disc, this is a great DVD.

I was weary of picking up Foley's dvd, but you guys might have convinced me. For what I've seen I suggest Flair's, Hogan's, and bloodbath.

Do yourself a favour: GET IT! It's outstanding. Not as good as Flair's, but better than everything else. 17 matches, 2 of them forgotten gems from the early nineties (vs Sting, and the Chicago Street Fight), some of the best promos ever, and probably the best match of both Shawn's and Foley's life. Plus a ton of other great stuff.

I could be mistaken, but aren't the only two matches on this:

Vs Foley at RR 00

And one of the Flair/Steamboat matches? If so, both matches can be found elsewhere on MUCH beter collections. Or am I thinking of anoher Triple H DVD?

I could be mistaken, but aren't the only two matches on this:

Vs Foley at RR 00

And one of the Flair/Steamboat matches? If so, both matches can be found elsewhere on MUCH beter collections. Or am I thinking of anoher Triple H DVD?

You are thinking of the HHH DVD, called just "The Game". The one we are talking about here has six matches on it.

Guest Staravenger

Cactus/Sting shouldn't count. All you get is Foley & Coach doing dubbed over commentary, so it takes a lot away from it

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Cactus/Sting shouldn't count. All you get is Foley & Coach doing dubbed over commentary, so it takes a lot away from it

Yes it still counts, because the match is still there in full, and the commentary doesn't take away from it at all.