TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Feedback for the 7/22 HeldDown~!

Great show all, props to Hoff for the single-turned-tag match. Sly-Drek was awesome also. Loved the murder ending Papa!

Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedback~!

I shamefully suck at simple math.

That's all for now. I'll have full comments on the show later.

Sorry, I fucked up the spacing on the Sly/Drek match. I'm sure I messed up a few more things as I had to rush to post show, which is I didn't make a feedback thread or a booking thread. Anywho, nice little show. Heavy on the matches with Sly/Drek being the best. But they were all good. I liked Zack's hissy fit at the start of the show and enjoyed Papa fulfilling my promise of the taking of human life! I put that segment at the end, because I didn't think it would make sense for the announcers to spend the rest of the show going on like nothing happened.

Oh god, I've almost made 900 posts on this message board.

Edited by Patty O'Green

Two strong back-to-back promos from Zack & Derek/Sly.

Heel Zack is awesome. And Derek has quickly become one of the strongest characters here -- and he delivers the goods every week.

Popick's mysterious storyline continues, this time with a match thrown in. It served its purpose.

Good stuff from Parka, one of our best writers.

The stuff involving The Saints has been gold thus far, and it continued tonight. Northstar/Lisa/Patty has done a better job developing The Saints than I could have. I was cracking up reading the commentary.

The NNMX & BT promos were rushed but I thought they worked well; plugged the PPV matches and the NNMX's match against GPX.

Once again, the strength of the tag division was showcased. Hell's Hitmen continue to be built up as a threat to everybody, and a soild match between the NNMX-GPX. Good start to what hopefully becomes as good a rivally as the MX-R&Rs.

Enjoyed the Hoff-Crystal match that eventually became a tag match.

Only managed to skim the final two matches, but I liked what I saw.

In closing, probably our best show since the week before the GAB. Good chunk of matches and promos; the presentation was well done, too. While the segments could of been spaced better (which Patty addressed), I like the fact color/graphics were used to further drive home the point. It gives the show more life IMO.

Quick feedback this week! Well......kinda quick! But......not really!

-Great heel promo at the beginning of the show. I loved Zack going absolutely crazy on Crystal - and the OAOAST, in general. That should really be an awesome match at "License To Pin."

-Pretty good match between Rodez/Stephen Joseph. I was a little surprised to see Popick win cleanly, especially after Rodez seemed to be getting somewhat of a push in recent weeks, but it did its job in starting to reestablish Popick's credibility. The ending afterwards was nice as well, and I continue to be interested on where this mystery men angle could be going.

-Very interesting angle between Rick, Parka, and JAE. LPYC continues to bring the goods in what really has become an excellent OAOAST soap-opera. Still, I'm hoping that Rick goes back to defending his X-Title sometime in the near future. He needs to prove that, even throughout this whole ordeal, his athletic ability has not weakened........or has it?

-Nice match between Candie and Krista. However, as we all know....that wasn't really the main story of this segment :). The promo that Krista cut afterwards was GREAT! The twists that the story told were nicely done, and I was really thoroughly entertained the entire way through. The bit with the production assistants afterwards was just as fun. The entire situation was just so original, so major props for that.

OPERATOR 2

Sir, Logan is fine. No, don’t send him get well cards. I’m sure he’d appreciate your support, Mr.Bobbit. Could you hold on?

OPERATOR 3

Miss, I’m glad you sympathize with Krista but the best way to handle your marital problems is not with a shotgun. Please hold.

Awesome.

-The NNMX/GPX match was very solid. I loved the Black T and Hell's Hitmen beatdowns at the end. I'm sure the WildCard match next week is going to be GREAT. The stories between these four teams has been set up so well at this point.

-Nice match between Hoff and Crystal, leading into a VERY fun tag team match with Hoff/Zack vs. Crystal/Gunner. I was really feeling the intensity of the contest, and the entire thing did a great job of continuing to put over these two feuds.

-I already told PFL what I thought about the Sly/Drek match. I loved the story of the match, with both guys trying to outclass each other technically in the beginning, but then resorting to brawling, and eventually potential match-ending power moves. The mean streak of Drek, trying to go for the open wound of Sly, was nicely done, and I really liked how the intensity of the match kept up until the very end. I'm hoping I handled the post-match Drek/Cappa brawling segment fine......well, besides the fact that I had Coach hype up the Hell-in-a-Cell match taking place in 13 days. As far as I know, there's no PPV next Wednesday.....stupid math.

-Really enjoyed the Bryte/Hand vs. J-Dogg/Panther match. The non-stop action made it very entertaining to read, and seriously, the ending was shocking. Panther's frustration over J-Dogg's possible death was handled nicely, and I can't wait to see what he does with Chris Bryte and the Hand once he manages to get his hands on them. I just hope the idea that Hand could be charged for....you know....murder.....is acknowledged next week. The Taker/Bearer/Heyman/Cement Crypt angle proved how bad these death angles COULD be. Then again, from seeing the storyline Papacita has managed to create between Panther, Bryte, Tina, the Hand, and J-Dogg in the past few months, I'm sure he knows more than the WWE writers about having storylines, you know, make sense. :)

Good show tonight, everybody. I really continue to look forward to "License to Pin: This Ain't Oz"!

As always, any feedback on my segments - the Drek/Sly promo near the beginning of the show AND the Drek/Cappa fistfight at the end of the Italian title match - would be greatly appreciated. And make sure to give some feedback on the Drek/Sly match as well. Just an insane amount of effort went into that thing.....again, huge props to PFL for handling that match

Sorry about not having many matches lately. I've been so focused on my storyline that I've forgotten, but don't worry. As most have probably figured out after this week Rick will have a match at LTP.

Whoa. Murder on TV. That's intense, man. Very well done, and chilling to boot.

I'll do a more detailed feedback later, if the mood inspires me. In case I don't, great show overall. Very solid.

Wow...murder, a tale of torture and abuse...HD was pretty wild this week. Very interesting and entertaining show. Random Dickhead had me chuckling too.

Drek-Sly was very good, could easily have been a PPV match. Maybe there's a feud there somewhere down the line.

I'm really looking forward to LTP now. I think this has potential to be a top five OAOAST show.

Popick didn't pick up a clean win on Rodez, he won it through interference and distraction. I was trying to make it obvious Popick's lost a step and Rodez was just too fast

Other feedback

--I love Heel Zack. Excellent Promo dood.

--The way the tag division is being handled reminds me of the really good days when we had the MWC, Trin, and Infernales. Great development there.

--The whole Drek/Sly feud has been played out really well. The opening spot backstage...very nice way to set events in motion.

I just hope the idea that Hand could be charged for....you know....murder.....is acknowledged next week.

I've got that covered. There'll be an explanation next week that, hopefully, ties everything up.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback on the angle. I was a little bit hesitant to do it (since WWE'd probably be crucified if they even thought about running such an angle), but I went on through with it and hoped that it didn't come off too cheesy in the end.

Overall, I thought the show was great all around (as usual). I echo the sentiments about the Drek/Sly stuff. The set up was well done, and the match itself was great. The build towards Drek/Cappa was handled well too, and I enjoyed the little brawl at the end of Drek's match.

I was seriously feeling the Crystal/Gunner/Hoff/Zack match, so props to whomever wrote that. I usually don't like the whole "singles match turned tag match" thing, but I think this was handled well and the transition flowed nicely. I kinda marked for the ending too, as I was expecting Crystal to make a comeback and win, and the botched spear caught me off guard.

I always enjoy Northstar's stuff, and this week was no exception. KID's promo was a fun read, and the production scene had me dying. The tag team stuff was nice too, and I was especially feeling Cornette's and NNMX's promo.

It must have been skimmed over because no one has mentioned it yet, but what did everyone think of the RAS/Rick altercation backstage?

EDIT: Feedback time!

I loved Zack's promo. His character has done a total 180 since turning heel. There's not a shred of the nice guy left almost, which is a good thing when being a heel.

Drek Stone is awesome. I didn't know that OAOAST was part of a union...why are there teamsters there? Great stuff with Drek yelling out Cappa's name like he's really looking for him and the altercation with Sly was great.

SJ/Rodez was really short. What was the guys in black all about? It seems more than one person in the OAOAST is being haunted by mysterious messages.

What's with Caboose marking like a schoolgirl for Logan?? Candie/KID was good while it lasted and Candie's entrance was over the top...in a good way. It seems that KID has issues, but that's no surprise. OMG~! Censorship!!! With all the things that have happened on OAOAST TV I'm surprised they cut away from it, but the production staff stuff was awesome.

NNMX and Black T bring the intensity in some good promos and Jivin' JR brings the funny. I love both these teams.

NNMX vs. GPX was good stuff and then all hell breaks loose! Oh the horror as Scotty is busted wide open!! And then we get referee confusion~!!! It's total anarchy!!! Hopefully this won't lead to a ref strike. Good stuff all around.

And just when you think the anarchy is over...Hoff/Crystal breaks down into more anarchy as we go to the break. And we come back with a tag match that is insane...in a good way. Face miscommunication leads to the heel victory. Very energetic match.

Hoff gets another ominous message...maybe it's the same guy who's stalking SJ?? I'm a sucker for intrigue as most of you can tell so I love this...even though I know who it is.

Just when it looks like we're getting back to normal we go backstage for more chaos as RAS attack Rick!!!

Drek and Sly tear the house down. Great match. Drek Stone really is Rookie of the Year like it says. To me atleast. And of course Cappa keeps his tradition alive and comes out for some beat down time on Drek. HiaC should be awesome, but why is it happening in 13 days instead of at LTP?? I'm so confused!!!

Coach got me pumped up to see Hammer, but alas it was still a good match and OMG~!! He's a murdurdlyurderer!!! You can't do that on television!!

Great show and I can't wait for the ppv.

It was nice and short and to the point. Did a fine job of setting up some heat between the four. Plus it was intertwined with another segment making my life a tiny bit easier.

Edited by Patty O'Green

Sign in to follow this